[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey 4chan, im a newfag but ive got some questions for the campers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 750x401) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 750x401
Hey 4chan, im a newfag but ive got some questions for the campers on here, like what do you need for most trips and are animals a constant threat? Also people seem fairly fearfull of something called a skinwalker, can someone explain that to me?
>>
skinwalkers are definitely not real.
>>
File: navajo_witch2[1].jpg (54 KB, 600x952) Image search: [Google]
navajo_witch2[1].jpg
54 KB, 600x952
>>794723
Says the skinwalker
>>
File: IMG_2963.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2963.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Skin walkers usually leave markers inna woods. Where I live they make sort of a warning fences that block trails they don't want you on. I just stay away.
>>
>>794756
Speaking of Skinwalkers. What are they? Just regular people who have learned how to shapeshift into animals and live as weird naturists deep in the woods? What do you think they are?
>>
>>794757
>Just regular people who have learned how to shapeshift into animals and live as weird naturists deep in the woods?

Pretty much this. I think they wear the hides of the animals they change into. Where I live they actually call them Kushtaka (Otterman).

>What do you think they are?

You think it's just a stupid meme/troll reply until you are literally in the middle of nowhere trying to find something in the woods using nothing but GPS and you come across a person.
>>
>>794711
A skinwalker is a term used by campers to describe naked wood perverts.
>walk around in only their skin
>hence the name skinwalker
>>
File: funtimes.jpg (294 KB, 1000x664) Image search: [Google]
funtimes.jpg
294 KB, 1000x664
>>794711
it's just a Navajo myth, nothing to worry about. more important to take care of your skin: use sunscreen, protect from biting insects, apply creams and ointments to prevent blisters and rashes and keep that hide soft and supple. also consider hiking at night to avoid UV damage. make some noise to give uh... woodland creatures advance warning of your movements.
>>
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>794711
Close encounters with dangerous animals are exceedingly rare. Most of the time bears, wolves, coyotes, etc will actively avoid you. The only truly necessary precaution is to have a way to protect your food, and most often you're just protecting it from rodents & racoons. If bears aren't an issue in your area then hanging your food in a sturdy cloth bag is good enough. If bears are an issue in your area, you might want to consider a bear canister instead. Store your food at least 30m away from your campsite to keep animals from fucking with you & your gear. Other than that don't fuck with animals and they won't fuck with you.

Skinwalkers are cringy /x/-tier horseshit. Please don't talk about that garbage in public. People will rightfully think you're a mental case.
>>
>>794723
Saying skinwalkers are not real is like saying God is not real. Just because I don't believe in something doesn't automatically mean it's not real.

The more you read into this stuff the more plausible it seems.

Just like the anon said. This always gets me
>>794874
>skinwalker.jpg
>>
Skinwalkers?

They don't' exist, anon... Trust me.

Go into the wood, you'll be fine, besides what have we done to earn such hate?

I wouldn't worry about it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.