[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /out/ partake in disk golf? I recently picked it up after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 300px-Disc_golfer_and_basket.jpg (37 KB, 300x281) Image search: [Google]
300px-Disc_golfer_and_basket.jpg
37 KB, 300x281
Does /out/ partake in disk golf?
I recently picked it up after seeing a bunch of courses on the parks I was hiking.
>>
I play a lot of ultimate, and I thought I'd like disc golf. Not a fan of the discs, but I like the idea. I've gone to a couple courses with buddies but we just play with a regular 175 gram Ultimate disc
>>
>>793586
similar background here, I wish someone could explain to me how the disks work, because I honestly throw every disk the same, be it a putter, mid-ranged, or driver, they all end up in the same spot
>>
>>793584
Wtf is this shit. It's like upperclass dad's and their trustfund hippie kids finally started getting along and created a new sport together. 1 part golf, 1 part frisbee.
>>
>>793647
That's certainly one way of looking at it.

It's pretty fun, it's a WAY different crowd than golf, and it's often in the woods.

I tend to play it around my farm with a few buddies and beers. Around the barn and hit the tractor. In teh back of the pickup. Etc.
>>
>>793584
Die hippie
>>
>>793584
I used to a few years ago and had 4-6 people I could go with and play a round. I accumulated 10-12 discs within 2 years, mostly from people wanting to help out a new guy. It's pretty fun, there are courses everywhere, and drinking/smoking weed while playing isn't frowned upon, but encouraged most of the places I've gone.
>>
>>795520
this. I started playing because years ago because the guy i used to buy weed from needed a playing partner and so he would tell me to meet him at the disc course.
I eventually caved in and bought a few discs and started getting into it. I told a homeless dude that I would give him $50 to dive in the pond and collect all the discs for me and I ended up with 70 or so discs. now he does it regularly and makes his beer money from it..
many lulz were had watching him swim around in that duck shit pond.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.