[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
going /out/ from an urban area
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: no need to be upset.png (51 KB, 369x294) Image search: [Google]
no need to be upset.png
51 KB, 369x294
Sup, /out/, first time posting here.

I'm interested in starting going outdoors and doing camping and shit, getting to see mother nature. Thing is, I live in urban inland Australia, and don't know how to just get to the middle of bumfuck nowhere like I see all the youtubers doing.

Google searching camping just takes me to sites for trailer parks and designated camp grounds but I wanna go somewhere unmarked like you see survival lilly or alfie aesthetics doing, they seem to have miles of woodland in their back yard.

So I guess my question is, where to start? Or are there any online resources for finding places?
>>
>>793364
Depends where you live. Some of the more well hidden places in camping spots are usually found on rural fireman maps, because they have every stream and river noted which is what you want. If you really have no clue where to start you could talk to a park ranger near where you think you could camp. Where do you live exactly?
>>
File: Capture.png (167 KB, 850x478) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
167 KB, 850x478
>>793397
Live in maitland brah, inland. From what I can see, the nearest national parks that I could camp at are like 4 hours away, and even then there's shit like no using deadfall for fires.

There does seem to be small patches of bushland just off the highway, is it legal to just leg it out there?
>>
>>793364

I'm in a similar position. I live in the heart of urban as fuck Rio and if I try to go to the green areas in-city I'm probably gonna get stabbed and get my shit stolen, so I'm thinking about going farther away.

Since I have 0 /out/ experience, I'm gonna try camping at the designated campgrounds in some national parks for a while before trying to tackle on-my-own trips. But I also don't know much about where to find areas or proper maps

I was assuming I'd figure it out as I went along, but I might as well get on the boat
>>
>>793412
Glad to hear I'm not the only one in this situation famalam, there are some national parks near me that look pretty close to just being innawoods, but fuck they're so far away
>>
>>793416

Maybe it's worth giving them a look anyway. National parks might not be quiet and have lots people, but many have some good shit nonetheless.

Also, I figure that it's better to start in a safer area than to risk just dying in the first night because you went into a unknown wild area and fucked up while no one else is around. Getting lost and hurt is scary shit

/out/ in Brazil gets damn gorgeous. I'm gonna take advantage of the fact that there isn't that much of a inawoods culture as far as I'm aware
>>
>>793418
Yeah I gotta say I don't like the idea of dying to death alone ;_;

perhaps i'll make the trip out a couple of times to get familiar..

and yeah, brazil looks scenic af
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>793364

hey mate if you live in sydney im heading out on a walk this saturday if you want to come. i am tasmanian originally, and I know the tasmanian environment very well. However, I've never experienced the mainland. in a few weeks i plan to head out into the desert too
>>
>>794677
>>793364

i made an austhread
>>794682
>>
>>794677
That sounds great but I'm working on Saturday and I don't really have any gear to take with me. I live about 2-3 hours away from Sydney too. If that's something you do on the regular then I'd be keen on joining in another time. Also I'm tasmanian born myself anon, you can't really tell though cos I got my second head removed at birth :^)
>>
>>794683
Thanks anon, I just went and posted there!
>>
>>793403
no, mate. But if you're careful, what they don't find out never happened. ;)
>>
File: evil sneaky.png (427 KB, 609x648) Image search: [Google]
evil sneaky.png
427 KB, 609x648
>>794797
sneaky sneaky
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.