[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know of a good ultralight notebook that can survive getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Anyone know of a good ultralight notebook that can survive getting damp.

Pic related was amazing but is sadly rip in peace
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
And one for scale
>>
Look up "Rite in the Rain" notepads. They've got lots of different products. The paper might curl a little bit if they get drenched, but it won't go soft and disintegrate like regular paper. However, keep in mind that just because the paper is waterproof, it doesn't mean your ink is. Grease pencil is probably your best bet, though you should also experiment with whatever ink you normally use, as maybe it's waterproof enough.
>>
>>792912
>Ultralight notebook

It's just called a notebook, buy one from staples and keep it in a ziplock bag.
>>
File: IMG_20160613_191123785_HDR-L.jpg (154 KB, 800x451) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160613_191123785_HDR-L.jpg
154 KB, 800x451
>>792930
kek, I carry the same cover. Clean it out, wash/dry it, and hose it down with waterproof spray every season.

Pencils won't run if it does get wet. Pen/sharpie is nice to have.

The NatGeo maps are printed on a similar paper to the "rite-in-the-rain" stuff.

They're not designed to be used in a deluge, but light snow/rain isn't going to destroy it.
>>
>>792912
>>792932
Don't be retarded OP. Just because you've got money doesn't mean you should spend it pointlessly. Listen to this guy.
>>
>>793033
> not buying a Ti clipboard w/carbonfiber sheaves

Fucking 4chan poorfags. Kill yourselves.
>>
>>792930
>>792961

Ty I'll check out the notebook and cover for sure
>>
>>792961
>>792930

They do last through a deluge. I've tested the hardback notebooks by just running them under a kitchen sink for like 5 minutes. Shit was fine.
>>
File: rite in the rain.jpg (4 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
rite in the rain.jpg
4 MB, 3648x2736
>>792961
Rite in the rain, multi-industry professional standard for field books.
>>
>>793970
I've used them in an actual deluge, as well as for extended periods in snow/rain conditions. Eventually they will get wet and tear, sometimes the pencil will go right through the page and the ink will run (especially if writing through a droplet or wiping the page,) but it's still the best option. Until somebody invents a better one, OP should just get a rite in the rain.
>>
>>793984
Um, sorry, meant to reply to OP.
>>
>>793984
damn I've got to get myself some of those
>>
>>793984
plus they speak negroes, usefull for you I guess
>>
+1 for rite in the rain, I have one that lives in my jacket
>>
>>792912
Field Notes sells a great 3 pack of water and tearproof notebooks
>>
>>793033
>>792932
>I can never think of a situation where I might need a notebook in a wet environment!
>>
The binding of a Rite-In-The-Rain notebook is incredible. I dare you to rip a clean page out of it. It will survive a full wash cycle. Your notes written in ink, however, will not. Coming from an experienced idiot.
>>
>>795410
You hve to use Rite-N-The-Rain proprietary water resistant ink pens!

Or a gease pencil if you know any kindergarten teachers or surveyors.
>>
File: waterproof-drawing-pens.jpg (46 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
waterproof-drawing-pens.jpg
46 KB, 444x444
>>795439
>>795410
>>
>>795321
I make a point of trying to create some pocket of dryness before attempting to write. Like under my poncho or under a dense tree or not while my kayak is upside down.
>Use your brain, not your wallet
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.