[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh look another thread about Packs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: packs.jpg (139 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
packs.jpg
139 KB, 900x900
Alright /out/ I am at that point where a day pack is not cutting a 70L is overkill. I am looking for a solid pack around 45L with an internal frame, for 1-2 night trips that i can comfortably hike in.

background--

I am 5'8-5'9 depending on the day and 34-36 pants size depending on the meal.

I like to keep my weight down in the pack but I also drink a ton of water and I am trying to get the special lady friend to appreciate being innawoods so I want to make her life easy so ill be carrying a little extra weight to keep her comfortable.
I has to have a good place on it for sleeping bag and pad and tent. (i have been shocked in my research how many packs hold sticks but do not mention anything about a tent.

i would prefer external place to put my hatchet

i am not a prosumer, survivalist, or tactical extreme person. I just like a good hike to a lonely site.

i have a few bags in mind (pic related), and traditionally mountain hardware is great for shortys like me-- I tried on a marmot that two of my friends recommended and while it fit, it felt like it was made for 6'3 guy with a 30in waist
any recommendations, experiences, etc would be greatly appreciated. i think ive narrowed it down but i just want to make sure i am not missing anything
>>
osprey atmos ag 50
>>
>>792499
>I am 5'8-5'9
fucking manlets, my daughter is taller than you
>>
>>793295
she's also a fat and ugly but I don't see you bragging to internet strangers about that
>>
>>793296
go check out the walmart kids school bag section and buy the coolest one
>>
>>793298
not even OP but just go back to /b/ with your try hard trolling
>>
>>793295
your daughter has a feminine penis
>>
File: Savotta Jääkäri.jpg (100 KB, 550x744) Image search: [Google]
Savotta Jääkäri.jpg
100 KB, 550x744
>>792499
You could easily get by with a 30L if you pack right.

Not that this doesn't have a real frame - just something in the backing to stiffen it.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (8 KB, 195x259) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8 KB, 195x259
Kelly Redwing 50

Problem solved.

Seriously.

I love mine.
>>
Unrelated question, but

If I use a 70L pack for shorter trips, say 3~5 days, I realize it's overkill but is there anything I should be particularly attentive towards aside making sure that my belongings don't shift around too much?
>>
thanks for the tips i found two shops that carry (among others) osprey, kelly and dueter and mtn hardware. they are not too far away from me so im going to go try on those recs.

>>793295
please stay on your containment board.
>>
>>792499
Haglofs L.I.M. Strive 50, bro
>>
>>793398
>anything I should be particularly attentive towards
not overpacking just because you have the room.
>>
>>793398
Most packs have compression straps that can cinch down a small load, and effectively make the pack smaller.
>>
File: 712mOvrBHWL._SL1316_.jpg (202 KB, 1000x1316) Image search: [Google]
712mOvrBHWL._SL1316_.jpg
202 KB, 1000x1316
i am madly in love with the Tasmanian tiger Pathfinder

but i am only 5.2, the back is supposedly very adjustable but is there any chance in hell it will be able to fit me?
>>
>>794412

It's a good ruck, but fuckin expensive. I considered buying it but ended up getting the berghaus cyclops atlas II, quality stuff. I'm 5'8'' and bought the backpack in size 2, smallest size and it just fits barely, if I would be a few inches shorter the ruck would be too big.
The TT backpack has just one size so I would recommend trying it on in a store or something.
>>
I don't understand why people get like a 45l . The weight is less than 1/2 a lb between that and a 80l pack. Why not get a mega pack and just not fill it all the way up?

That way, when you're hiking with your girlfriend you could bring lots of luxury items if you desired and they'd all fit. Is it an aesthetics thing?

I honestly don't know why not go big and then just don't fill it if you don't need to? Especially if you're bringing lots of water as you mentioned... ultralight cant possibly be your goal
>>
>>794438
you only have 1 pair of shoes? or 1 knife? different tools for different uses.
>>
>>794412
>why get that when you can get this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAtzN_ScKXY
>>
>>794718
>2 1/2 days and 18 replies
i think that may be a record for the longest it's taken for that to be posted in a backpack thread
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 959x639) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 959x639
>>793296
Fat like op?
>>
>>792499
What do you mean by a good place to put your tent? What do you require in particular?
>>
So as not to start another pack thread. Are there any packs where the side pockets come off to make a day pack that aren't 120L? I really like that feature but would prefer the 90L range.
>>
>>794947
why would you ever need a day pack even close to that range? jesus 40 litres should plenty for a day pack
>>
>>794438

I have a 65L pack. It's yoo big for overnights or even 2 day trips for me. I end up with a half full pack, and the load doesn't carry as nice. It works, but just isn't as comfortable as it should be.

My 50L pack is 1.5 lbs lighter, and has better organization for small loads.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.