[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saw some shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1465307902962.jpg (435 KB, 2048x1364) Image search: [Google]
1465307902962.jpg
435 KB, 2048x1364
So hiking in oregon near veneta and in this field theres a black cat 4-6 feet long not including tail and it catches something runs away and I was maybe 50 feet away and my buddy was right there and we both just stared confused as hell for a few moments. It absolutely looked like a jaguar. It was cougar sized but was jet silky black.

Could you name any animal besides a jaguar that would be like this? Note this is near veneta oregon

Moved completely cat like too could not have been a wolf we were very close to this thing but how could a jaguar be in oregon
>>
I'm from Arizona, so I don't have much experience with large cats, but it seems entirely possible to me that that was just a black bob cat/mountain lion. They look quite like jaguars to someone who has never seen one in person.
>>
>>791264
They can be black? This was much larger than a bob cat ive encountered those before
>>
The north American black cougar has never been photographed and sightings are thought to be errors, as per wiki. Now's your chance, OP, photo that Puma!
>>
>>791258
>thing but how could a jaguar be in oregon
Escaped from someone's private collection. Call the department of wildlife and tell them what you saw and where.
>>
>>791273
>The north American black cougar
>>
>>791468
That's actually a North American Pavement Ape, Dindunuffinus gibsmedat ssp. Sheboon.
>>
>>791468
often seen near the blue-tipped guttersnipe
>>
Go find ken keseys grandson and tell him his grandfather doesn't suck. Also drop 2mg of LSD on his neck during a hug.
>>
>>791258
No clue yo your sighting. It is probably either a panther that got loose or an extremely rare fur coloration of mt lion/cougar.

I just came here for the pic of the based balled eagle destroying the fagy ass canadian goose.
>>
Most likely:
Optical illusion, happens all the time (mostly to bits for some reason)
https://youtu.be/6iaOZ4ZDVus
An expert reviewed this footage. It's a house cat.
Less likely but possible:
An escaped (or I guess potentially wild) melanistic big cat.
>>
>>791550
>bits
Brits*
>>
>>791550
That would be a fine explaination except the thing it hunted in front of us was a house cat or small dog...
>>
File: Y3vEU.jpg (98 KB, 963x568) Image search: [Google]
Y3vEU.jpg
98 KB, 963x568
>>791485
uhuh...
>>
>>791264
Mountain lions are large, powerful, big cats... four feet my ass... you saw a large Bob cat in the dark....
>>
>>791273
It's bullshit, I have been face to face with a mountain lion they are ducking huge! You might have seen something else in the dark.... maybe not a cat.... 50 feet can be a long ways in the wild...
>>
>>791662

>but the eagle has a gun
>>
>>791664
>>791665
Replying to the wrong guy.

No. My buddy saw it too. We are both experieneced outdoorsmen. We both had roughly 30 seconds of watching from a very short distance 50 feet is the max.

It snuck up on a house pet in a field, grabbed it and then ran away.

I know bob cats well this was nothing similar.

I was close enough to see muscle tone and joint movement. I know what I saw. It could have been nothing but a jaguar.
>>
>>791472
>Dindunuffinus
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.