[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello friendly /out/ists, My gf is looking for a small foldable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Diara 3 20160611_215738.jpg (33 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Diara 3 20160611_215738.jpg
33 KB, 640x640
Hello friendly /out/ists,

My gf is looking for a small foldable knife, do you guys have any recommendations?

Somewhere between 50 - 60€

Hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks ;)
>>
>>791223
easy to maintain, isn't scary looking, handbag friendly, inexpensive, legal to carry pretty much everywhere

>victorinox climber
>>
>>791244

She just wants a knife, not a screwdriver, nailfile, saw, hook, cooking apparatus and all that.

Just a simple folding knife.
>>
I recommend you post in the knife thread instead of making a new one >>788947
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 1136x640
>>791245
Ontario RAT 1 & 2
>>
>>791251

RAT 2, the RAT1 is fucking huge

>>791245
boker+ techtool 1 then
>>
>>791223
She's going to end up cutting herself, don't do it
>>
File: IMG_0042.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0042.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I recently bought a Gerber Evo Jr. for $20 from Cabela's. It's kind of small but it's a solid knife and would good for someone with smaller hands.

But I really do recommenced a swiss army knife as a beginner knife. Easy to sharpen and useful for lots of things. I have the super tinker (phillips head screwdriver instead of cork screw).

>>791275
kek
I bought my first gf a SAK and the dumb bitch cut herself like 6 times in a month, one was pretty bad...
>>
>>791251
Not a big fan of Aus-8 steel. I've had two knives made with it and both have had the tips crack off. It takes a phenomenally sharp edge, but doesn't really keep it and is too brittle IMO.

I was using my knife a fair bit at that time though, so if this guy's GF isn't going to be using it all the time maybe it'll be good enough.
>>
>>791223
Regardless of which knife you end up buying, make sure to loctite the screws. They all have very small screws that tend to loosen easily, and you're not likely to have the tiny allen wrench necessary to tighten them.
>>
>>791223
Never give a woman a weapon, best watch your ass son...
>>
>>791715
>Not a big fan of Aus-8 steel.
Heat treating is just as important as steel type. You've had some bad experiences but maybe it wasn't the steel.

I'm a huge fan of AUS-8 as it is cheap, very easy to sharpen and both takes and keeps the edge. My SRK is made of said steel and I can't say it's brittle.

I recommend RAT 2, but you should definitely ask her opinion before buying the pink one.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.