[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
General Backpack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 41VByoHHXVL.jpg (79 KB, 629x501) Image search: [Google]
41VByoHHXVL.jpg
79 KB, 629x501
I'm going in a road trip across Canada Should I take the TETON Sports Fox 5200 or the TETON Sports Scout 3400 ?
>>
>>789028

Deuter is masterrace.

Millet is good also.

Fuck your brand placement ads
>>
Wayyy to broke for that
>>
>inb4 "so that's your backback, huh?" gets posted over 9000 times

gregory baltoro 75 should be arriving tomorrow.
>>
File: IMG_20160525_175033~2.jpg (3 MB, 2927x3817) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160525_175033~2.jpg
3 MB, 2927x3817
So did I goof? Just got this for an overnight/weekender
>>
>>789129
>did I goof?

is it comfy? does it hold what you need? if yes and yes, then no, you did good.

and tbqhpham if a 50 doesn't hold what you need for a weekend then you're bringing too much shit anyways. i've used a 45 for multiday climbing trips (shitloads of extra gear) for the last couple years just fine.
>>
>>789028
Where in Canada? Where are you from?
>>
If money is a problem, you should look into used backpacks.
You can get almost unused top of the line backpacks for half the price.
>>
>>789028
take the one that fits your gear + your food,

like seriously, is that hard to work out?

does your gear and food fit comfortably in the smaller bag? then take that, if it doesnt, THEN TAKE A BIGGER BAG.

holy shit.

triggered.
>>
File: r215609_837743.jpg (67 KB, 611x840) Image search: [Google]
r215609_837743.jpg
67 KB, 611x840
>take a roadtrip

lol. just pack ur shit in these- who the fuck cares?
>>
>>789129
looks good senpai
>>
>>789613
>underrated

This topic is garbage or shill. I would never use a pack like that for a road trip. A tote bag does fine.
>>
>>789613
>>789696

Jesus, yes...
It's a road trip, not a hike.
>>
Is 5.11 Tactical actually a good brand of backpacks or is it all a meme?
>>
File: mb-5345-web5a_1.jpg (251 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
mb-5345-web5a_1.jpg
251 KB, 1000x1000
>>790960
It's good for operators. Campers? Not really. I looked at their website and they don't seem to go above 28 L. Bunch of tacticool stuff with ripstop is fine, but you can't go backpacking for a couple of days with 20L. Unless you're hunting your dinner and or carrying jars of peanut butter, I don't see how.

Unless it's anything other than black, the mil tec 36 L (some say its got more than that idk) is alright and it wont look like you;re cowadooty irl. You can tighten the side straps to compress it quite a lot and it will look normal. It's good for EDC and camping I guess, you can attach tents and stuff on the outside + molle pouches, etc.. and it's around 30 bucks. That beats all the 511s in my book.
>>
>>789028
i personally own the 3400 and i really like it. its relatively lightweight and the load setup and straps are super comfy. ive used it for two seperate week long camping trips and i was able to carry everything i needed with no problems without it being to large
>>
Recommend a pack to me? I'm new to hiking and I use old bookbag from high school. It's ok but I want something better.

I'm 5'2. Air circulation between the pack and my body would be nice because I live in swamp hell. Not sure about external vs internal frames. Pack would be used for day hikes+fishing, I don't do overnight trips yet.
>>
>>791863
If you aren't overnighting, your the weight of your load should be low enough that you don't require any sort of frame. As to ventilation, there are frameless day packs that have mesh backs with air channels underneath. I think the term used to describe it is "suspended mesh back panel" so if you google that you should see lots of different options.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.