[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /out/ friends. I didn't know if this was for here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 20160607_135935.jpg (773 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160607_135935.jpg
773 KB, 2048x1152
Hello /out/ friends. I didn't know if this was for here or maybe DIY.

Does anybody know what pic related is? Googling hasn't returned anything. I live in the Northeast US and the back of my yard is regularly overrun by this highly unpleasant, thorny and resilient overgrowth from the fuckers behind me.

This stuff grows like wildfire. I pulled all of it out in early spring and it's already back if not thicker than before. I've tried a few of the "natural" and Internet favorite weed killing methods and now I'm considering using my cultivator to go through the entire back and just dig it up. The problem is that it has incredibly deep roots and just trying to do anything because the thorns are sharp and burn like hell. I'm honestly thinking about hitting them with bleach.
L
Any advice please? I can get better pictures.
>>
Blackberry. Good luck faggot
>>
>>787969
This.
I've dealt with this shit alot before.
Lots of luck OP.
Idk how you could truly eradicate it without massive and potent poisoning or literally digging it all out by the roots down to the very last strand.

Try checking with your local city or county extension office. they may have tips/advice on certain nuisance plants like this.
>>
They're blackberries yo
>>
Op here. Well if I'm fucked can I at least eat the blackberries? I am not a huge fan but if I have a source of free berries that I can't get rid of I should at least use them right?
>>
>>787993

yes, I love them. thorns hurt people who shouldn't be in my yard, and eating their fruit is a bonus.
>>
>>787993
yes. blackberries are delicious. and healthy. pick em and eat em. freeze em for later. make pies, jellies, smoothies, whatever
>>
>>787997
>thorns hurt people who shouldn't be in my yard
blackberry bushes can indeed create quite a defensive barrier against unwanted guests.
Shits damn near impenetrable once it gets to a certain height, thickness and density
>>
File: 1465325981160916793980.jpg (955 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1465325981160916793980.jpg
955 KB, 2048x1152
I'm assuming that these are not blackberries and I should just get rid of them so that the berries take over
>>
>>787999
Nice trips. I managed a few acres of my parents farm back in the day for rabbits and had a lot of luck growing really thick blackberry hedges. They've gotten a bit out of control since then but the cover and food was a magnet for small game
>>
>>788000

you may want to wait for an ID, those are sort of interesting looking. but yes, they are not blackberries
>>
>>788000
That might be mugwort? I am not super familiar with the plant, but it's possible. Is it aromatic? Mugwort smells kind of like sage.
>>
>>788000
looks like some kind of mugwort
>>
File: 1465332197324-388900712.jpg (777 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1465332197324-388900712.jpg
777 KB, 2048x1152
In my mind I'd rather just lose the mugwort since there's nothing I can do with it and just keep the berries growing. As you may be able to tell there are overgrown weeds coming from the other yard. If the blackberries are useful and I cant get rid of them I'd rather they overgrowth the other crap.
>>
>>788064

Sorry about my fucking phone.
>>
Blackberry, and goats will eat it down to nothing.
>>
>>787965
we had 8ft tall blackberry bushes in my brothers whole back yard. they had been growing unchecked since the 80's and there was a shallow well on the property. Because of the well we didn't want to use poison but i have heard that if you can find a few of the main root stalks (there will be more than 1) and pour some diesel on them they will die pretty quickly.

anyway, we used a weed whacker with the metal blade extension to chop as much down as we could. then we tilled about 1 ft down. it's been a good 2 years and they haven't come back in full force. every once in a while there will be a small vine starting up but we just yank it out.
>>
>>787965
They are black berrys anon. But at this time of year they should of at least bloomed. I hate to tell you though... Those are mainly the males. They will not produce flowers or berries. Its okay to cut them down.
>>
>>787965
I think those are dewberries, 90% certain.
>>
>>788873
Blackberries are monecious, male and female plants are on the same plant.
>>
I had these fuckers in my yard years ago, I used napalm and they never came back
>>
Had some of these growing near my campsite the other month, luckily I near a river so I uprooted them and thew it all in nature's trash can.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.