[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw CPAP it's a real shit burden tbpfhwy On the one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
>tfw CPAP

it's a real shit burden tbpfhwy

On the one hand, I sleep like a baby every night. On the other, I can't go camping w/o electrical and I look like a dying old man with an o2 mask

Didn't ask for this shit, why me
>>
>>787556
Didn't you make this thread once before?
>>
dont be fat
>>
lose weight until you're out of the obese category, start doing cardio and weight exercises, start eating healthier. After time your affliction goes away. You did this to yourself.
>>
>>789305
Not everyone with a CPAP is overweight. Night time snoring is caused by way more variables than just being fat.
>>
>>789320

Notice I also said to start working out. I didn't say that for weight loss reasons. I already said lose weight. Working out will increase your ability to breath, expand your air passages, make your blood work more efficiently etc. Anyone that has a CPAP and DOESN'T work out regularly is a fucking asshole and has no reason to complain.
>>
>>789376
All the BS you listed is fucking retarded.

Increase your ability to breathe? Expand your air passages? Make your blood work more efficiently?

People that use CPAP do so because of blockage in the upper airway, ie mouth, that once relaxed, causes breathing to stop momentarily. For some people it's just from fat, many others it's anatomical. No amount of working out fixes an elongated soft palette, or decreases adenoids size, or reforms the larynx.

Work out to "make your blood work more efficiently"? It doesn't matter how "efficient" your blood is of you're having breathing pauses.

Expand your air passages? Does matter how big your bronchi are if the mouth is the obstruction. Or do you think working out makes your mouth bigger?

You clearly know very little.
>>
you could talk to your doctor and see if they have options for you, such as a mouth guard to better align your jaw. Or there is the Transcend cpap
>>
>>789412

anyone that has a cpap and doesn't work out regularly is a fucking asshole and has no reason to complain.

That sentence is still true bro. Sorry you're too lazy to get off your ass
>>
>>789376
>Working out will increase your ability to breath, expand your air passages, make your blood work more efficiently etc.

That's not how sleep apnea works friend
>>
>>789987
You're an idiot. Please just go. You're of no use, you're clearly uneducated, and simply just irrelevant.
>>
>>789305
I have central, my brain shuts off my lungs in my sleep.
>>
>>787556
>whaaa
>i live in an age where my otherwise fatal condition is treatable
Literally die in your sleep faggot.
>>
>>790580
This. You're complaining about the very technology that allows you to stay alive and complain. If you had to store the batteries for it in your arse while you camp, you would still have a more comfortable life than 80% of the planet.
>>
>>790588
Another idiot appears.

He's not complaining about something treating his condition, he's complaining that he HAS the condition in the first place.

It is a burden, that just to sleep, you need a mask strapped tight to your face.

How are people ITT so fucking stupid. Seriously.
>>
>>790593
In that case, nice blog OP! I will double-subscribe!
>>
File: 1419878200170.png (46 KB, 617x600) Image search: [Google]
1419878200170.png
46 KB, 617x600
>>789412
>he doesnt know about central sleep apnea, thracheal stenosis, and plain old enlarged tonsils and adenoids.
>>
Hammocks supposedly help with sleep apnea.
Also mouthguards.
>>
>>790588
>the mob argument

found the 20 yo
>>
IF I TOOK THAT MASK OFF WOULD YOU DIE?
>>
>>787556
eat less food you fat fuck, it will be good for the environment.
>>
>>790588
Millennial detected.
>>
>>787556
Didn't they just make a portable one that you can take wherever and works off a portable battery as well?

Go, be free
>>
>>790086
you don't use CPAP for central..
>>
Can't you use an O2 tank with cpap instead of electrical?
>>
>>791866
Yes, they aren't light though. You wouldn't get much time out of a cylinder either, maybe 2 hours from an M cylinder.
>>
>>790664
>central sleep apnea
If he's a 12 year old with duchenne muscular dystrophy yea
98% chance he's just a 22 year old fatass
>>
>>791892
Bring some cylinders, and change out tanks every 2 hours of sleep. Should be enough for at the very least an overnight trip bruh.
>>
>>789320

Respiratory Therapist here. I do sleep studies and evaluate you fat fucks for CPAP/BiPAP machines.

There are only two types of sleep apnea. Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) which is secondary to being a hamplanet. And there is central sleep apnea, which occurs when your brain doesn't send proper signals to the muscles that control breathing. This is usually from head injuries, paralysis, etc.

I've had maybe three CSA candidates -- and they all get BiPAP which has a set rate/I:E pressures it delivers because they aren't always breathing on their own.

CPAP's are exclusively for fatties, Down with the Syndromes and the deformed/retarded.

But since you're making this thread again, you might be the latter.
>>
>>790664

RT again. We rarely give CPAP if your adenoids/tonsils are THAT swollen. If it gets to that point, your buying an ET Tube and vent.

Which beats the hell out of a tracheostomy any day of the week.
>>
>>792113
>Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) which is secondary to being a hamplanet.
>CPAP's are exclusively for fatties

You are obviously a liar, or the stupidest fucking RT in existence. Please fuck off.

To the OP: I have a small travel CPAP, and a battery pack. Its fucking expensive, but I can and do backpack with it.
>>
File: 1465439184181.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1465439184181.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
>>792146

Calm down, your blood pressure might spike.
>>
>>792169
What a witty retort... for a retard. Give yourself a pat on the back.
>>
>>792177
>>792146

It's ok, fatty. There's always more pizza rolls!
>>
>>792186
And another zinger! Admit it, your mommy is writing these snappy comebacks for you at this point.
>>
>>792113
This is bullshit though... my mom has sleep apnea and it took forever for it to get treated because her doctor did not simply believe she had it because she wasn't fat. Until she yelled at him to order a sleep study, he did, and little do you know she barely breathes in her sleep.

Still sucks though because it's from the inset mouthbreather jaws that run in the family. I would rather pay a surgeon to break my jaw and reposition it than to get a cpap they are loud and obnoxious as fuck
>>
>>792197

>not obese
>"and little do you know she barely breathes in her sleep."

And if you would read, you'd know your mother has a form of Central Sleep Apnea, you dip.
>>
>>792196

I wasn't even the guy you were originally arguing with bro. Put down the donuts.
>>
Fucking hell every single one of you faggots need to calm the fuck down

I hope every single one of you is reincarnated as a fat fuck in the middle of nowhere midwest

At least he's trying to get to nature

Kill yourselves
>>
>>787556

http://homecare-medical.com/php/shop/shop.php?locat_id=159&detailFlag=1

http://jonessmiles.com/sleep_apnea_treatment_flowery_branch.html
>>
>>792255
settle down chunky and have another bear claw.
>>
>my own body tries to kill me in my sleep

Sometimes nature knows what's best
>>
>>791652
It would be extremely painful
>>
>>791859
Yeah, it's a vpap instead. It works very similar to a cpap but it has a breath sensor and data logger
>>
>>792481
Kek'd
>>
File: 91sQwh-sHVL._SL1500_.jpg (143 KB, 1500x1354) Image search: [Google]
91sQwh-sHVL._SL1500_.jpg
143 KB, 1500x1354
>>787556
>mfw i have saleep apnea
>mfw im not fat
>mfw i go camping every chance i get
>mfw i tell people to just throw shit at me if im bugging them
>mfw i use sit up pillow and sleep fine
>mfw no face
>>
>>792749
These things are amazing...they don't get enough respect.
>>
>>789296
>dont be fat

you don't have to be fat to get sleep apnea, it just makes it more likely.
>>
File: AGM battery box.jpg (248 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
AGM battery box.jpg
248 KB, 1600x1600
>>787556
>>tfw CPAP

There was a C-PAP thread a couple weeks back, where I mentioned my buddy (who isn’t fat) uses one and where I suggested putting together an AGM battery power pack, as the supplied C-PAP batteries are shit and will die on you the first night.

Get yourself a battery box (pic related) and an AGM battery to power your C-PAP.

If it isn’t capable of running off DC power, you’ll also need a power inverter to run it on AC power, though that’s less efficient.
>>
>Sleep fatnea
>>
>>793588
I chuckled.
>>
>>793438
Yep... I do this. I'm a fat fuck and I like camping. Being a fat fuck I don't go too far or I boat down river to a sand bar. A deep cycle battery and 300 watt inverter will run my cPAP for 3 night no problem. I probably sleep 4-6 hours per night-- I'm a fat fuck--- but not a lazy fuck.
>>
>>789376
>>789987

fucking retard. i have low body fat, exercise regularly (college wrestling), eat health, and still have sleep apnea. there are multiple causes for sleep apnea. my cause is a recessed jaw, which reduces my throat's airway. solution: jaw surgery

go fuck yourself
>>
>>792113
>Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) which is secondary to being a hamplanet.
>CPAP's are exclusively for fatties, Down with the Syndromes and the deformed/retarded.

Most cases of OSA are believed to be caused by:
old age (natural or premature)
brain injury (temporary or permanent)
decreased muscle tone
increased soft tissue around the airway (sometimes due to obesity)
structural features that give rise to a narrowed airway.

if OP is young and isn't fat, he probably has sleep apnea as a result of his facial structure, which could be a deviated septum, recessed jaw, etc.

learn your job, faggot
>>
>>792146
Sounds handy. What model is it?
>>
>>789987
I think you might have gotten lost on your way to /b/
>>
>>796143
we all know you're a fat fuck with bitch tits
>>
>>792726
4u ^@^
>>
>>787556
>Didn't ask for this shit, why me
If that is you in picture, it's because you are fat. Just look at that flabby neck. Oh no, I get it, you're not fat, you have a football athletic body.
Drop 40 and see if you still need it.

No I didn't read thread at all fatty McFatenheim
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.