[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Knife Hunting Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: tmp_27309-hog_fred-2005868778.jpg (48 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
tmp_27309-hog_fred-2005868778.jpg
48 KB, 350x263
Hey guys, I've been thinking of getting into knife hunting. What kind of gear should I be looking to get? Any advice for a first time knife hunter? Should I practice on smaller animals and then move up to bigger and more dangerous ones?
>>
>>787154
>I've been thinking of getting into knife hunting.
me too too bad it's illegal here. go for it anon!
be a man among men!
>>
>>787154
You want to get into knife hunting but none of your questions are about dogs? Good luck with that.
>>
>>787167
doable i have seen it with and without dogs too.
without dog you can still practice endurance hunting. simply run the prey to exhaustion overpower it and stab it in the heart.
with dogs pretty much the same but you run less.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>787154
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>787154
So what do you hunt witg the knoife? Just boars? Do you trap them somehow first or just go ape shit on them?
>>
>>787178
i have caught fish with bare hands before.
they are dumb shits but you need patience.
>>
File: Disco-Girls.jpg (135 KB, 955x359) Image search: [Google]
Disco-Girls.jpg
135 KB, 955x359
>>787178

Do the fish die pretty quick that way or do they still take a while to realize they're dead? Just wondering since it seems like it may be a more humane way to dispatch ol' fish-face without clubbing the shit out of them.
>>
>>787236
a fish can swim if you gut it completely and cut off the head when you put it in water
but if you cut the brain from the body it at least doesn't feel you gutting it.
>>
>>787236
fish dont feel pain you silly goose
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/08/130808123719.htm
>>
>>787281
they most certainly do feel pain and try to get away from it, maybe they don't suffer the same psychological trauma from torture as humans and not as aware of what is happening to them, but they feel pain for sure.
>>
>>787281
did you feel pain when your mother tossed you down the stairs as a child
>>
I am a shitty deer hunter, I spook deer away like no tomorrow when I'm out with a firearm. I was thinking of hunting a deer with a knife to try and train myself to be patient, find an orchard they come and feed under. Camo up in some sticks and leaves and sit up in a tree above a lick in the orchard. Deer comes and licks away underneath you. Drop bear that jew cake, land on its back, wrap your arm around its jaw neck head thing and pull back. At the same time pull your knife from the scabbard at your waist and whisper some words to the deer and finish it. Cut deep, don't want it to bound away with you on. I don't have much to do in September so that might be my project. Knife size suggestions?
>>
>>787170
>>787359

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUiPmHA7Xqg
>>
>>787154
I've hunted boars like that but you need dogs, at least 4, well trained and big sized. And you need to be fit. You need wrist guards, gloves and a good first aid kit for you and your dogs. I'll answer any questions but I think you are full of shit. You wouldn't be asking if you were actually planning about hunting.
>>
>>787154
Get a dog, the only thing beginners can catch with a knife is something a dog has pulled up like the boar in the pic.
>>
>>787170
Ive hunted my entire life and that is the stupidest style I've heard of
>>
>>787705
Same here, it seems like this fella has never hunted in his life.
>>
>>787711
I totally agree, hunted with a bow for 7 years hunted with a shotgun for 12 hunted with a rifle for 14, why the fuck would I use a knife...? I'd use a spear before a knife.
>>
>>787710
You are a noob as well. A single dog can't do shit against a boar.

>>787711
>>787717
Faggots
>>
>>787721
Because I hunt with successfully almost every time. Say how many deers do you get everytime? 1 every 100 attempts?
>>
Why not spear or club?
>>
>>787711
>>787717

Try to think outside the [spoiler]scooter[/spoiler].
>>
>>787368
>>787359
first time on /out/, but these two posts have me in hysterics. Think I'll come back here more often.
>>
the idea with the dogs is that they grab and hold the pig while you ram ya knife into its chest and deck the cunt
>>
>>787154
>Knife Hunting
so you kill the animals with your knive? sounds like absolute madman territory
>>
>>787721
Bullshit they cant. My Greyhound x Labrador x Huntaway has pulled up boars single handed. Sure its not as good as a pack but on a budget hes a good dog
>>
>>787887
People use dogs to catch boar and then tie them up and carry them off to feed for a little bit before killing them. Killing it on the spot is casual mode.

>>788398
Hope you've got a good cut vest for your dogger at least.
>>
>>787167

I hunt boar without them

You have to ambush them so you put them on the defensive

It's far easier than you'd think

OP:

A long sticker is needed; longer the better

You'll need to know anatomy well; heart and how to get to it from the side

I wear leather braces on my forearm and thick pants, with my upper legs protected with extra material

You might want to try a spear first, though. That's what I did.
>>
>>787170
endurance hunting is impressive but unethical
there are many other low-tech and challenging forms of hunting that offer quick and relatively painless deaths for the quarry.
>>
>>788574
it's actually pretty funny since over a long enough timeline you're going to run full speed into a barbed wire fence you didn't see in the brush or the dark. Your quarry will stop, turn, and laugh at you hanging upside down in a knot of tetanus infested torture string.
>>
>>788578
>Your quarry will stop, turn, and laugh at you
What does a deer laugh like?
>>
>>788579
last time I tried it was with a babby elk that still had spots. I'm chasing after the thing like a maniac and suddenly I'm upside down with fiery pain in my legs and chest.

Babby elk knew the fence was there, he had just gone over it. He looked a bit concerned at first, but then he got this smug look in his big brown eye. Tossed his head and walked off slowly enough to let me know he had neutralized the threat and he knew it. He laid down not 20 feet from where I was screaming like a little girl whose Barbie was stolen. And he watched me. Watched me untangle my now bleeding legs and collect what was left of my blue jeans and watched me limp off back to friendlier places without so many fences.

It was a grand and educational experience for me. I like to think the elk enjoyed it as well.
>>
>>788470
Only run a rip vest in the winter. You only tie up sows or small boars. Killing a 150lb boar is challenge enough in NZ
>>
>>788515
Where do you live? Theres no way you'd ambush a boar on our hills
>>
File: ed0006.jpg (25 KB, 275x349) Image search: [Google]
ed0006.jpg
25 KB, 275x349
>>787170
>>787711
>>787717
It is doable. Even in a temperate forest.

Read this: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/for-40-years-this-russian-family-was-cut-off-from-all-human-contact-unaware-of-world-war-ii-7354256/?no-ist

>Yet the Lykovs lived permanently on the edge of famine. It was not until the late 1950s, when Dmitry reached manhood, that they first trapped animals for their meat and skins. Lacking guns and even bows, they could hunt only by digging traps or pursuing prey across the mountains until the animals collapsed from exhaustion. Dmitry built up astonishing endurance, and could hunt barefoot in winter, sometimes returning to the hut after several days, having slept in the open in 40 degrees of frost, a young elk across his shoulders.
>>
File: 1456324507975.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456324507975.jpg
141 KB, 1280x720
>>787154
>still killing animals because you need your fix of pleasure.
>>
>>788578
maybe scout the area you are going to hunt before at daylight? what kind of retard runs blindly at night?
btw i have pretty decent nightvision and used to bike in the woods at moonlight no lamps. but ever since fuckheads started hanging wires i stopped it.
>>
>>787711
thats what we were evolved for, dipshit nice dubdubs tho
>>
>>788579
iouaidoaiojoiji
>>
>>788605
Oh look guys we've got a perfect hermit ascetic over here. He's transcended the need for pleasure and pain but refuses to kill himself because he's decided that smugness is the highest value.
>>
>>788693
>maybe scout the area you are going to hunt before at daylight?
a deer can go hundreds of miles in any direction. How far you plan on scouting?
>>
>>788605
>being this naive
>>
>>788897
Thats what we were orignina evolved for. Not anymore
>>
>>788897
We evolved to do that in Africa.

if you're not in Africa or some similarly hot dry place it doesn't work. Given cool temperatures and enough water pretty much any animal big enough to eat can outrun you.
>>
>>788597

Oz

Set up a ground blind and wait for them to pass. Hit the last one in the flank after a short charge.
>>
>>789451
See >>788604

Russian hermit family proved it's possible in cold weather too.
Running on two legs is more energetically efficient than four, if slower.
>>
>>788579
https://youtu.be/SOpcdJ_V5_M?t=1m
>>
The only russian hermit family who I've heard of who lived through WW2 without knowing about it, was the one where one of the girls killed everyone else in the family and stayed on the homestead, till she was like 80 years old. I wouldn't trust her version of any events. And running barefoot in "minus 40 degrees" will get you frostbite and you will lose your feet.
>>
>>789451
outrun, not outlast, the animals will still be tired after running really quickly, and we can keep up with them by following their tracks
>>
>>788604
Very interesting, thanks.

>ever-present danger in these circumstances, and in 1961 it snowed in June. The hard frost killed everything growing in their garden, and by spring the family had been reduced to eating shoes and bark. Akulina chose to see her children fed, and that year she died of starvation.
Did they eat her?

>>789609
That didn't happen in the anon's linked article.
>>
>>787352
KEK
>>
>>787359
>be you
>in tree
>deer trotts along
>stops at base of tree to have a salt lick
>"what luck!" you think
>jump down onto deer
>deer hears rustling as you emerge from the foliage
>goes into classic "WHAT THE FUUUUUUCK WAS THAT NOISE?!" deer looking around stance
>you get skewered on its antlers
>deer freaks out
>shakes you off
>runs away
>you bleed out
>>
File: DA.jpg (38 KB, 468x298) Image search: [Google]
DA.jpg
38 KB, 468x298
>>788574
>impressive but unethical
why unethical?
>>
>>789453
There ya go, flat land and dams are ideal ambushing ground. Do you have a rope dog though? Thatd only help
>>
>>790079
dunno but it does give the animal a chance to get away or turn on the hunter and win.
survival of the fittest is very naturistic and fair in the evolutionary sense.
the week and meek shall inherit shit.
>>
>>789708
you have to grab onto the antlers like a bikes handlebar then you have no issues with the deer stopping.
>>
>>790281
oh yeah? and how many deer have you taken down this way champ? please enlighten us all on your superior hand to deer techniques.
>>
>>790297
couple dozen
i just snapped their necks
>>
>>788604
Agafia the youngest daughter is still alive but in poor health in her 70s completely alone.

It fucking breaks my heart:

Our Lord Jesus Christ, son of God, have mercy on us. Amen. This is the letter of Agafia Lykova to brothers and sisters. I wish that God grants you all good health but, first and foremost, salvation of your souls and all kinds of well-being. Another thing I must tell you, my fathers and brothers and sisters in God, is that I live alone, I’m an orphan, my health is waning. My age is advanced. I need a person to help me. Please, don’t leave me, for Christ’s sake, I’m a humble orphan in need. There are still kind Christian people and old believers out there.
June 21st, 7522 since Adam

A 71 year old woman living alone in the Siberian wilderness, isolated but still keeping her faith.
>>
>>787359
>>789708
>>790281
>>790297

i used to poach deer using a similar method.
it works quite well on european roe deer, but i would not recommend using this method on any larger animals like whitetail sized game.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.