[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I become a firefighter as a non US citizen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 9493260225_7dce90fbfc.jpg (153 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
9493260225_7dce90fbfc.jpg
153 KB, 500x375
Can I become a firefighter as a non US citizen?
>>
Sure. But not in The US.
>>
Literally impossible. Only the US has firefighters.
>>
I have this job and I'm autistic and a pussy

Anyone can do it
>>
If you can be a Navy SEAL you sure can be a firefighter.
>>
If you can become the president why not a firefighter >:|
>>
But really the qualifier for wildland firefighter is walk 3 miles in 45 minutes

Your fucking grandma could be one
>>
>>785983
If youre already qualified, you'd be highly-sought after in the US.

>source: I have a friend was a firefighter and a US fire dept. snatched him up, since he was asking because he met an American chick.

He's still living in the US, btw.
>>
File: 1436047007413.jpg (87 KB, 649x536) Image search: [Google]
1436047007413.jpg
87 KB, 649x536
>>786194
>tfw certified in the US and other countries won't even look at me

I just wanna live abroad and fight fires, why do other places make that so hard
>>
>>786217
countries generally don't grant visas for people with skills readily available within their own borders. unless they have no way of certifying their own firefighters they don't need you. now, countries like Straya and the US do swaparoo programs during their respective fire seasons (dec-january in Straya and July-August in the US - CA mostly) where bushfire fighters are granted temporary visas to help each other out. but that's more of a goodwill sorta thing, and also it's a special skill and experience you get because of the very similar conditions in NSW and CA

Now, if you had a PhD in fire engineering or something they may give you a visa and put you to work.
>>
>>785983
yes you can. maybe not on a federal crew but private crews sure. my squad boss the first year I did fire was from kenya. private crews are hiring right now.
>>
>>786145

walk 3 miles in 45 minutes with 45 pounds of weight.
>>
>>786232
Yeah have you ever walked to school amirite?
>>
>>786194
I'm not qualified and I don't know any american chick sadly
>>
>>786130
Hey Wranglerstar, how are you doing?
>>
>>786350
You got the wrong weak autistic pussy
>>
>>786292
I showed up to my pack test without doing any training for it. The other guys had all been working out to prepare for it. I just walked like normal and passed easily lol
>>
>>785983
So long as you are here legally, yes.
>>
>>786781
This....
>>
Reminds me of this

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/02/canada-just-gave-these-young-south-african-firefighters-an-unexpected-raise/
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.