[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so /out/, how the fuck do deal with the heat? I fall on the left
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
so /out/, how the fuck do deal with the heat? I fall on the left side of pic related and I barely want to walk around outside above 20 celsius
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>785516
Just get used to it. It's mid-high 80s now and I'm wearing jeans and a thin sweater.

Drink water when you need to and don't overwork yourself and you will be straight.
>>
>>785516
you use adequate cloths, sunscreen, and you hidrate yourself even when you don't want. I often go for hikes, mtb and running with temperatures above 32/33ºc and no problems.

But then again I'm a medfag so that's pretty usual here during late May/June/July/August/September so it's fine. 23/25ºc is like the sweet spot for me.
>>
So I live and work in Arizona, normally I can deal with the heat I even work in my forge during the summer but I'm working construction so I cant just walk away and sit down for a couple minutes or everybody starts crying. Now it's already 105+ out here. How do I beat the heat with a hardhat on?
>>
>>785557
/diy/ lurker reporting. If you've got room between your head and hardhat, maybe mount a USB fan with a 4xAA battery box? Potentiometer in front of the left ear could control speed...?
>>
>>785516
>how the fuck do deal with the heat?

If you stay in the heat the entire time, it should just take a day or two to adjust. But yes, initially it can suck.
>>
i fucking hate the heat, its been between 19 and 24 degrees here in Denmark for the last few day, cant function before atleast 17:00 where the sun starts fucking off, its horrible, drinking like 4 liters of water a day with icecubes and wearing a thin shirth and shorts
>>
I played street hockey in 24C and wanted to die. I was drinking water but that didn't do much.

Ontario fag
>>
>>785564
I don't think I can do that. Someone else might but not me.
>>
Hammock.
>>
>>785588
Can you solder?
>>
>>785711
Never tried. I used to be able to weld but those are two different things.
>>
>>785564
>>785588
Just checking : you do have a vented hard-hat don't you?
Hey , the vents are stupid-small but they help.
I live in the Sub-tropics so I am always surprised that they sell Un-vented hats in the safety-shops. [but not all of the country is that temperature]

>>785711
Problem with a fan "in" the hat is loss of the space between your head and the top - most building-sites will not allow any mods to hard-hats [even stickers on them sometimes!]
But one thing that could be alright is a small 12V computer cooling fan blowing air up from your shoulders into the hat.
I have had summer jobs at 37deg in long-sleeves, ankle-high boots, hard-hats and the humidity has been so severe that my safety-glasses had a fogging problem ; and on those days I wished-for a fan in my shirt! ; say at the base of my spine bringing-in fresh-cool air that would 'exhaust' around my neck.

BTW ; in those conditions : no underwear , and the shortest-possible socks ; Hydration-pack full of ice condensing down my spine.
All I do is survive February - I usually holiday in Tasmania or Alpine instead.
>>
>>785754
The only "vents" are these slits on my helm for my ear protection muffs since I work near a pneumatic hammer and those muffs just make it hotter.I've never thought about the hydration pack. I walk to much to go without under wear I can probably go with out an undershirt. I can get a pair of ankle boots instead of my slip ons.
>>
>>785776
Also I can't pour water on myself for some reason.
Always feel worse after.
>>
Lol, i feel identifícated with the australianfag, but im not australian.
>>
>>785569
>>785576
>24 degree
>not able to function

kek. don't come visit me; it was 40 here yesterday. spent the day week whacking. perfect weather to get a sweat on early then a cheap dehydration buzz off a couple beers in the afternoon.
>>
super light and swishy atheltic shorts and a regular hanes T shirt that fits loosely are amazing when doing light mtbing.
>>
>>785518
>high mid 80's
>hot
it got up to 115 today and i went hiking
>>
>>785966

Phoenix fag?
>>
>>785516
Short pants and thin shirts desu, I'm in SEA and it's usually 30-35C outside. Also lots of water
>>
>>785516
10-20C is best C
>>
Humidity is what gets me. 19C here, but 90% humidity. *Britain 30C Face*
>>
>>785516
Ausfag here

Pretty accurate.
>>
>>785518
>It's mid-high 80s now

It's 2016 here. No, we don't have flying cars.
>>
>>785564
>>785754

>fans

you guys are retarded.

soak a bandana in water, wear under your hat and draping down over your neck. re-wet when dry.
>>
>>786146
>wet cloth on skin
>good idea
that will cause you some nasty skin problems if you are overdoing it.
>>
>>786127
Kek
>>
>>785966
>what is dry heat
Although this area isn't bad if you are closer to the ocean. Sometimes when I'm working way out west (basically the Everglades), it will be sunny and 85F by 9am and the wind hasn't picked up at all. The humidity and heat is almost suffocating.

As long as there is a little breeze, I'm straight tho.
>>
>>786151
What the actual fuck are you talking about?

We scared of damp cloths now?
>>
>>786847
you should be it's fucking unhealthy especially under unsanitary conditions
>>
>>785956
Dont underestimate the power of humidity, the 40 degree dry heat that the southern states gets is a fuckton more tolerable than a 30 degree humid day in Ontario, ive experience both
>>
>>786171
This, funny thing, when it gets hot and im at home, i'll do one of two things, ill turn on a fan, or ill turn on a space heater and point it at myself. Dry heat is fine, I've gone up to about 129F in my bedroom and felt fine, because there was almost no humidity, but as soon as the humidity starts im fucked.

When it comes to heat, its the humidity that kills you.
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 640x1136
>>786879
>7:30am
>84F
>79% humidity

The humid mornings are the worst. It's a little warmer where I'm working since it is out west, but by my house it never gets above high 80s and there is always an ocean breeze so it isn't as bad.
>>
>>786850

He's not talking about your jizz rag, calm down
>>
>>786850
>>786151
Bad bait anon.

It's not like anyone's gonna be wearing it long enough to get jungle rot
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.