[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hiking in the Caucasus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_2694.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2694.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2048
I'm leaving for 3 weeks of hiking the Georgian mountains, the country, not the state.

Anyone been there, or any other part of the Caucasus? Share your experiences.

If there's interest I'll try to keep you guys updated on how it's going.
Leaving now for the airport.
>>
File: gear.jpg (2 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
gear.jpg
2 MB, 3072x2304
Here is a pic of my gear. Not included, food.
>>
>>785294
britbong here, living in Krasnodar Krai, RU.
Hit up the northern caucasus if you get the chance, round about Roza Khutor. Touristy bit followed by miles of unspoilt mountains, plus summer is picking up now and there aren't any bears.
>>
>>785533
Zdarovo
Northern caucasus that would be across the russian border?
My plan is to spent about a week in sventi and then omali to kazbek. Finishing up with a climb to the top of the 5k peak.
Have you climbed any of the peaks?

I want to do albroa some day... so i'll probably be back in a few years this time on the russiab side of things.

If you have some recomwnded trails on either side of the borser, please tell. Might hit them this time or the next.
>>
>>785295
You guys are welcome to tell me how i fucked up with the gear

>>785533
Forgot to ask. How is the water in the high mountains. I'm used to drinking without purifying in the high streams that look clean enough
>>
Can't see your gear clearly enough to offer much. You don't want shoes with more ankle support?
I don't know much about Georgia but I really want to go to Abkhazia. Looks so unspoiled.
If your OP pic is representative of the country, I'd drink out of any of the streams without a second thought.
>>
Why not ditch the Iliad and read The Knight in the Panther's Skin?
>>
File: nuzhno.jpg (42 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
nuzhno.jpg
42 KB, 800x522
>>785294
Watch out for khachi.

Click the first result.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%D0%9C%D0%BE%D0%B9+%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B0+%D0%BB%D1%8E%D0%B1%D0%B8%D0%BC%D1%8B%D0%B9+%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B0+%D0%9A%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%B7&oq=%D0%9C%D0%BE%D0%B9+%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B0+%D0%BB%D1%8E%D0%B1%D0%B8%D0%BC%D1%8B%D0%B9+%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B0+%D0%9A%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%B7&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
>>
>>785738
You'll be bored out of your mind reading the Illiad lol
>>
>>785294
I've done Kakhetia, yet to go to Adjaria.

Overall - the nature is beautiful with few people and generally safe. And even the people are generally safe and welcoming.

If you ever wander to Kakhetia - definitely visit David Gareji. Worth it 100%.

One note, though - the national park infrastructure there is still pretty basic.

I.e. I was planning to hike up to a waterfall, but the bridges were washed away due to recent rainfall. So I couldn't. End of story. No refunds.

Other notes: eat khinkali, mtsvadi and khachapuri & enjoy the ride.
>>
>>785295
Fellow israeli, ma kore ah sheli? mefo ata? yerushalmi here
>>
>>785294
Enjoy getting beheaded by Chechen Islamists
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.