[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Might go hiking/camping for a single night tomorrow at Joshua
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (501 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
501 KB, 640x1136
Might go hiking/camping for a single night tomorrow at Joshua Tree state park. Just me and my girlfriend. Curious on how I can spent the least amount for a tent and other basic essentials when camping. Like I said it'll only be a single night and we will do some hiking as well. Growing up my father had a messed up leg from a motorcycle accident so we never really went out doing this sort of stuff but now that I'm older and have a girl id like to start. If you guys can help I'd appreciate it. Thinking of like a cheap two person tent from Walmart or something and what else? Thanks
>>
Dude just borrow a friends.
>>
>>785382
Just moved across the country. Only person I know here is my gf lol. Any good lists online for basic camping essentials or anything?
>>
>>785013
Get a 3 person tent, something like this will handle some light rain:
> http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-7-x-7-Sundome-Tent-Sleeps-3/13849028
>>
File: jtree weather.jpg (70 KB, 653x661) Image search: [Google]
jtree weather.jpg
70 KB, 653x661
>10 am
>already 97 degrees

what could possibly go wrong?
>>
Shit bro I went there back in April. It was raining the first day but the next day was hot as fuck. Can't imagine hot it'll be now.
>>
>>785462
The pic above you says 103. If you can't imagine that you are probably a nigger
>>
>>785400
You need a stove, a couple pots for boiling water and making your food and a mug each. Utensils for eating as well. A simple disposable 2 liter water bottle each to carry as you hike

Sleeping bags are not essencial since you will be sharing a tent and will be hot. One single summer cheap sleeping bag that you can completely open can serve as a blanket for both of you provided you are not landwhales. Sleeping mat is comfy but not essential.

Get a couple of cheap head lamps or a torch, and candles to use at camp as lighting source. You can improvise a windscreen for the candles with a soda can.

You'll need food and prepare for the weather you'll face and the trail or place you are going (water sources, if you can light up fires, etc.)
>>
>>785473
Probably
>>
>>785013

Skip the desert, go up in the mountains (Big Bear, Lake Arrowhead, anything). Highs above 100 already in JT. You will not have fun and it is dangerous for the unprepared. Yeah it cools off to 70 at night, but is already 90 at 9am.

As for a tent, just get a 2-3 person REI tent so you can use it for a few years.

Or just stay in a hotel and day hike early/late in the day.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.