[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
San Diego Camping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Me and a friend are looking for a place near San Diego that has good dispersed camping. We're not planning on spending money to stay there nor do we want to spend time in a designated area or resort. If anyone could make some recommendations it would be much appreciated.
>>
>>784920
Joshua Tree
>>
>>784920
Since you posted a picture of a desert have you tried checking out Anza Borrego Desert State Park?
>>
PCT
>>
File: image.png (458 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
458 KB, 640x1136
>>784921
What all do I need to camp Joshua tree for a single night with my girlfriend? New to camping and just curious of what all I'll need
>>
>>784920
Cleveland national forest, descanso, julian, alpine, pine valley, mt. Laguna shit out east, Anza Borrego is fun, check out the wind caves if you go. Also my friends and I go scorpion hunting with a black light at night when we're out there
>>
>>785025
>>784944
Looked into Anza Borrego. Sounds fun and it's close enough for a first time experience. thanks for the responses. Is there anything to expect/be aware of when we go? This would be our first time wilderness camping.
>>
>>785040
YES! Its 117 there right now. So if you are trying to show off an otherwise awesome desert now is not the time.

Blair Valley campground is usually one of the better free sites with a pit toilet.

honestly, dont go to the desert this time of year. Its not a good first wilderness camp out. Joshua tree isnt any better right now either.

Source: Im a god damn Anza-Borrego Ranger
>>
>>785044
Alright. Thanks for sparing us the trip. I wouldn't want to spend all day trying to beat the heat anyway.
>>
You can camp all along the Pacific Crest trail
>>
>>785068>>785020

Yeah I heard about this and was considering it. My only issue would be seclusion. Do you run into a lot of people out there? or does it depend?
>>
>>785077
It depends. There's a part of the trail I passed the other day that was like a 10 minute walk to a major road, diner and store. I went for a day hike and saw Dirt bikers, hikers, trucks, Jeeps. It doesn't necessarily need to be directly on the trail either if you were unsure
>>
Idyllwild. Live here currently, not too bad weather has been warming up this week. You can camp just about anywhere here desu, the rangers don't really care that much as long as you clean up after yourself.
>>
File: IMG_20160326_165334.jpg (845 KB, 1728x3072) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160326_165334.jpg
845 KB, 1728x3072
>>785077
>>785874
There's so many wilderness places that the PCT runs through so it's a good place to start. Some of it chugs dick, between heat, boring landscape, lots of other hikers (and their shitty toilet paper), etc, but if you give a few trailheads a try you're bound to find an /out/ spot you like. I'm a big fan of Warner Springs.
>>
>>787250
Warner Springs is awesome. One of my favorite places during overcast / rainy weather. Also stop by Julian and get some pie or you're a fag
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.