[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about skinnymedic's medikits? I need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
What do you think about skinnymedic's medikits?

I need one but I'm too lazy to assemble it by myself.
>>
You're too lazy to buy a handful of different things from the internet?

What do you need your kit for? Wiping your fucking keyboard clean? Get a grip man.
>>
>>784403
>You're too lazy to buy a handful of different things from the internet?

Yes, also most meds can't be acquired on the internet here.
>>
To mildly hijack where do you guys get empty bags suitable for first aid kit use anyway when you build your own?
>>
File: equilibrium2002.0108.jpg (23 KB, 520x221) Image search: [Google]
equilibrium2002.0108.jpg
23 KB, 520x221
>>784400
no point in assembling for yourself.
first aid kits are assembled on statistical basis and are time proven simple and cost efficient.
>>
>>784611
And yet they often miss important things or don't include stuff you personally find useful.
>>
>>784631
they don't miss important things they put everything in that will statistically save your life until emt arrives. which is the first aid kits purpose.
some people might have special items they would carry on them like epi-pens but faks should be universal not personal.
>>
>>784589
MEC
>>
>>784641
So you don't think tweezers, face shields or sterile gloves are important?. And the fact that every single first kit you can buy has different stuff in it proves your claim is ridiculous. If they were 'universal' and 'statistically assembled' there would not be such a huge variation.

Everyone has different needs, of course they should be personal. That is also why hiking kits are different to kits designed for home use or ones for tropical jungles contain things normal ones don't, there is no such thing as a universal FAK.
>>
>>784647
sterile gloves are in every kit there is no way someone can market a fak without them.
>>
>>784647
don't confuse faks with medical kits trained personnel use.
faks are pretty universal from what i seen the exact amount of stuff in them varies some based on size. i use standard vehicle faks they are the exact same as standard workplace faks. you might get more specialized ones but there is no point as you will never fucking use it. i haven't in 20+ years.
>>
>>784641
epi-pens are somewhat universal which is why you see them talked about so often. they have medical use outside of analphylactic shock, question though being whether you are trained in diagnosing and administering it in those cases, since giving someone epinephrine when they dont need it is actually just stupid dangerous
>>
>>784666
as well as epi pens being an item of high pertinence. exsanguination and food poisoning, hypothermia and etc are all belayed processes, but in the cases that call for an epipen, that situation is immediate and dire, similarly to how CPR is dire, and would explain the massive prevalence of CPR in civilian courses
>>
>>784666
well truth to be told if i expected i have to keep someone alive for more than a day till help can arrive and not just for half an hour i would select a much more complete kit.

for an expedition you don't carry the same stuff you would for a day hike near roads or with cell service and accessible by helicopter.

i put a standard motorbike fak into my bag because you never know when you need it. to stop bleeding cover wound or fix something broken or dislocated it's perfect.

i'm not gonna play dr house in the middle of the woods. if someone is highly allergic to stuff like bees or whatever then he can carry his own epi-pen same as if you are diabetic you can carry your insulin.

i carry convenience items like bandaids sunscreen painkillers anti-diarrhea meds antispasmodics anti motion-sickness and anti-histamines. they are convenience items not part of the fak for several reasons.

i toss the fak to anyone he will know what's in it and how to use it. these stuff require knowledge of dosing they have expiration required to be stored on specific temp, etc... i also like to keep the fak untouched unless it's life saving emergency. most of the injuries i can handle with a bit of paper tissue and a bandaid.
>>
File: P_20160604_005321.jpg (562 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
P_20160604_005321.jpg
562 KB, 1200x1600
>>784589
I used one of those glorified waterproof ziplocs for mobile phones (from MEC).
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.