[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /out/. In 2 weeks I am going to leave my home to go trek
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2
File: mount.jpg (526 KB, 1551x999) Image search: [Google]
mount.jpg
526 KB, 1551x999
Hello /out/. In 2 weeks I am going to leave my home to go trek across the United States with only my mountain bike as well as a list of supplies that I have made. Tell me what you think about this list. Keep in mind that I am not going to stay in one spot for more than a few hours.
>>
List:

Military Backpack
Tarpaulin
Iodine Tablets / Chlorine / Steripen (Water Purification)
Pocket Knife
P-38 / 51 Can Opener
Some Bandages / First Aid Kit
Toilet Paper Rolls
Ferrocerium rod (Starting Fires)
Gorilla Tape
Metal Canteen (For water / Boiling)
Carabiners
Good Shoes / Socks & Cheap Clothing
Compass & Map
Bandana
Paracord
>>
>>783367
No stove? You'll need one.
>>
>>783372
>cross country biking trip
>backpack instead of saddlebags

stopped reading there. troll plz go.
>>
>>783372
>Military Backpack
Not on a bike. You want either panniers or bikepacking bags (google it). Also a good pump, bike tools, spare tubes and a patch kit.
>>
>>783388
>giving real advice

read his list. trolling is so obvious it's painful. only things op left off to trigger /out/ are a mora and orange peel.

LET THE TROLL THREAD DIE
LET THE TROLL THREAD DIE
LET THE TROLL THREAD DIE
LET THE TROLL THREAD DIE
LET THE TROLL THREAD DIE
>>
>>783394
OP here

Not trying to be a troll, genuinely want your advice. Just listed shit that I thought would be useful.
>>
>>783411
I'm not trying to stay in any hotels or houses, i'm going to live sorta on the run.
>>
You need bike tools and spare tubes/parts. Get saddlebags and a riding backpack instead of milsurp. Some modern MREs could be useful to keep your calories up when you need it. Shit tickets are a must, get baby wipes instead of tp. Get a bivy and a hammock. I suggest dumpstering or panhandling for food. Piece of cardboard with 'food please' on it will get you everything you need no matter where youre at. Stick to state/us highways. Spray everything you own with waterproofing spray and carry some trashbags to cover your stuff with.
>>
>>783411
>Not trying to be a troll
>Just listed shit that I thought would be useful.

bull. fucking. shit

>military backpack
>tarp
>carabiners
>paracord

seriously, fuck off and die, troll.
>>
>>783416
The only thing on there he doesnt need is the pack you massive fucking faggot shitposter.
>>
>>783423
maybe if he'd included some critical things like a sleeping bag and pad, stove, food, toolkit, etc. his list could be believable. but thinking i'm the shitposter instead of recognizing op's pathetic trolling attempt is a sign of clinical retardation.
>>
File: griddle.jpg (11 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
griddle.jpg
11 KB, 360x360
>>783426
The only thing clinically retarded here is you.

I could easily carry some lint / tinder in a seal bag and light it with the ferrocerium rod to make a fire. Then I could use one of these <<<<<<<
>>
>>783436
and show me where op listed carrying a grill.

or sunscreen or a hat or bug spray or a spare tube or anything anyone really planning a trip like this and not just trolling would have.
>>
>>783439
Pretty sure I asked what you think about the list. It's not final yet so I'm still adding shit.
>>
>>783441
it's a fucking garbage troll list and you're a garbage troll.

it's not that i even mind the trolling so much, i know it's inescapable, it's just that this is so lazy and blatant an attempt. op, learn from this and come back in about 6 months with a more refined version.
>>
>>783445
I really can't tell if you have asperger's or your a troll calling another person a troll. I didn't make this thread as a troll, I need help with supplies.
>>
>>783448
if you're sincere and you need this much help with supplies you're not able to bike across the country. so fucking quit before we get spammed with threads about your death like we are with mccandless and that dumb lady on the at.
>>
>>783452
Ok then, so why don't you make me a list of shit I need? Assuming you know anything about shit like this.
>>
>>783455
reread the thread retard, i've already listed a dozen things you'll need that if you were either for real or capable you would have thought of.

but it doesn't matter because you're either a) a liar, or b) going to fail regardless of what you pack
>>
>>783461
Have you ever done anything like this? Pretty sure you would fail as well.
>>
>>783464
i spent 2 months traveling around europe when i was 17 with just my best friend. and no, mommy and daddy didn't pay. and now i regularly go on deep backcountry backpacking and climbing trips in the sierra. so if i had the inclination to bike across the u.s. i could, but i have no interest.

if you're for real my best advice is put this off for a couple months or a year and start with local biking trips that take 2-4 days. you'll learn what you need pretty quickly, but you won't be stranded in assfuck nowhere, or have the emotional refusal to accept failure that leads to injury or death. seriously. have you even ever spent a night /out/?
>>
>>783475
Yes, I will will do research and go /out/ more. I got the stamina to go pretty far each day aswell.
>>
>>783483
next time you have 2 days off pick someplace 35-40 miles away that you can bike to and spend the night at and do an overnight trip there and back. most of what you need is in this thread (plus food and raingear). that'll give you a little taste of solitude, self reliance, biking loaded, and pay attention to what you use, what you don't use, and what you wish you had. take some pictures and come back here with a little better understanding of what you're getting yourself into and some better and more specific gear/logistics questions and you'll get better responses.
>>
>>783452
We got Tourfat across the country and he was just as unprepared at the start. We can get OP across too.
>>
Wow holy fucking shit. Way to ruin a thread you fucking sperglord. OP disregard everything that faggot said. Jesus fucking christ what a shit show.
>>
>>783507
>wanting to hold someone's hand across the country
>not wanting them to at least partially have their shit together when they set out so they can accomplish their goal on their own

go. away.
>>
>>783461
You didnt list a fucking thing he needed and the fact that you truly believe he needs fucking cookware just proves beyond a doubt that you cant into /out/

Oh wait, you went outside with your buddy once never mind youre a fucking incredible asset to this board you stupid motherfucker.
>>
>>783415
this OP
>>
>>783511
see >>783426 >>783439 >>783500
then suck a dick

or do you need me to meme arrow them so you don't actually have to take 3 minutes to read the thread, ya cock.
>>
OP Here

Arizona(Me) -->New York

What type of weather could I encounter on the way?
>>
>>783532
holy fuck, i just start to believe you're not trolling and then you pull this bullshit?

everything. a trip that long expect all types of weather.
>>
>>783511
you've been singlehandedly shitting up this thread the whole fucking time, you really think youre some special snowflake? you have been the most unhelpful person on this whole fucking board in the last 45 mins and why? just so you can wrongly call out OP for trolling? he may be clueless, but you're the fuckin troll you shitty bastard. fuck off this board and die.
>>
>>783516
>>783542
>>
>>783542
cry me a river. op is either a troll or needs a wake up call. either way i'm providing a service to someone. so deal with it or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>783547
you're not doing anything but shitposting you colossal faggot. cry? what, like you've been doing this whole thread? provide a service to deez nuts while you suck em faggot.
>>
>>783540
I am seriously not trolling, this is a real goal that I want to accomplish. However, I am not completely fond of the states inbetween and need to look at the weather conditions.
>>
>>783552
you'll be fine. old ass men bike the whole country constantly, you can do it too. don't listen to that faggot. the states don't matter at all for what you wanna do. just go for it, and make sure you ignore the idiots like that dude next time they show up.
>>
>>783550
bullshit all i'm doing is shitposting. like i said, op is either a troll or needs to reevaluate his ability to achieve this goal in the timeframe he originally suggested sorry i'm not handling the situation with as many puppies and rainbows as you'd like. so how about you provide some real help or fuck off.

>>783552
so you're going to bike through 2000 miles of states you're not fond of? yeah, that's not a terrible idea.

whatever. accuweather has historical weather averages for all over the u.s. day by day under "month"
>>
>>783569
i provided the most helpful post ITT so far, not my problem you're too much of a sperglord to accept it. i told OP exactly what he needs to accomplish his goal and simultaneously brought your shitposting ass to bat. i couldnt give a fuck less how you say shit but crying TROLL TROLL TROLL the whole fucking thread completely takes away any credit you could have had. you wanna stop being a faggot? good, i hope you fucking do because so far you've been pathetic as fuck anon.
>>
>>783573
>whiteknighting for op

you know he's not gonna let you fuck his boipussy for that. and if you'd quit being triggered and actually read the content of my posts you'd see that i provided shitloads of information. but if you still think i'm too harsh feel free to downboat this. faggot.
>>
>>783586
You try to save face all you want pussy youre not fooling anyone but yourself
>>
>>783595
oh i still think op's a trolling faggot and i'm not going to quit calling him on his bullshit until this thread dies, but i still provided more helpful information than any of you whiteknighting bitch boys rushing to save poor widdle op from the meanie on 4chan did. you just have to get through the acid in my posts. but by all means, keep thinking you're a hero for rushing to his defense.
>>
OP here

How much do you think all of this would cost. I'm not on a budget or anything, but could someome calculate this for me?
>>
>>783633
depends. how many dicks are you willing to suck? based on what a faggot you've been so far i expect it's quite a few.
>>
>>783610
Defense? Holy fuck you are an arrogant shithead. The only person ITT more of an idiot than OP is you. Go ahead, sit there and hit f5 all fucking day just to prove my point, faggot.
>>
>>783649
>quit being mean to op anon
>b-but i swear i'm not whiteknighting, guiz, plz belieb

also
>f5
>implying i've been sitting in front of a computer for the last 4 hours.
i'm posting from my phone while painting my siding anon. and calling out op and all you cheerleaders for the asshats you are is making my day waaay more entertaining.
>>
>>783652
I never once told you to not be mean you projecting moron. Fuck, you seriously posted that unironically? Youre not shitting me? Youre seriously trying to get work done and shitposting on 4chan at the same time? Holy fucking shit you need to get your priorities straight.
>>
Officially everyone in this thread is a faggot now, including OP.
>>
>>783655
so you've spent he last 4 hours just arguing with someone who you think is trolling a troll, while i've also been accomplishing something, and your priorities are better?

nah.

>>783656
true
>>
>>783658
Yea buddy, you better believe mine are better. You are a shitstain on this board, remember it next time someone blows you the fuck out.
>>
>>783665
>implying you've blown me out
>implying i give a shit what invisible strangers on the internet think about me

if either of those were true would i still be here?
>>
>>783671
lemme spell it out for you
B
T
F
O
>>
>>783693
it took you 24 minutes to come up with that? and would you care to point out where it happened, cause i sure as fuck can't find it buried in any of your whining.
>>
>>783697
Kek sorry i wasnt timely enough for you faggot. The whole point is that youre so stupid you cant even tell.
>>
>>783700
if someone can't tell they're blown put, then they're not really blown out. that's kinda the point-it's so obvious to be inescapable. but i'm sure your stealth geenyuss that's too clever for dumb ol' me amuses you no end, so good for you. i'm glad you're proud of yourself.
>>
good thread desu
>>
>>783416
>>783426
This is mindbogglingly autistic
>>
>tell me what I should pack
>find out what weather I'll go through along the way
>calculate how much my supplies will cost

You do realize you're talking about a cross-country trip, right? You're going to have to be completely self-reliant and right now you can't even do so much as add up the cost of your own fucking supplies.

You are not ready for this.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.