[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My country has banned knives with a blade longer than 3 cm so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 1341634402961.jpg (22 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1341634402961.jpg
22 KB, 320x287
My country has banned knives with a blade longer than 3 cm so I can only buy multitools with fucking pliers and can openers. What do? Any legal alternatives?
>>
>>782167
Fly to mexico, walk to america, claim you are honduran and ask for amnesty.
>>
>>782167
What country?
>>
>>782167

Are you sure it's not "carried in public"?

Never heard of a country that bans them for personal ownership and being carried for a "genuine" reason, such as camping or work.
>>
>>782167
what? you can't even buy a kitchen knife?
>>
Carry a sharpened stick
>>
>>782174
You can own for work, but you can't have them with you in your spare time, and camping is not seen as a legitimate reason either.

>>782183
You can, but you can't carry it around with you.
>>
File: A FUCKING BIKE WHEEL.png (1 MB, 560x1199) Image search: [Google]
A FUCKING BIKE WHEEL.png
1 MB, 560x1199
obligatory
>>
Knap some flint or carve some bone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDFuvVNK8OU
>>
>>782227
wait, 3cm? and camping is not a reason? how the fuck would you cut your bread? ever tried that with a non serrated 3 cm blade? this is redicolous, get out of that shithole.
where is it btw?
>>
>>782167
are you sure it's 3cm and not 3 in? cant find shit about a law like that
>>
>>782237
nice
>>
>>782171
this

we britbongs have it hard with knife legislation, but not as bad as the Danes... but fucking hell OP where are you from?!? That is shite :(
>>
>>782167
I can't think of a country where carrying a knife whilst camping is not allowed. Either you can't into law, or need to get back to bait school.
>>
File: GB30-000952a.jpg (134 KB, 1500x1311) Image search: [Google]
GB30-000952a.jpg
134 KB, 1500x1311
Op pls tell what country, we need more memes. Also pic related is what you need.

Btw i probably would not give a fuck and would keep having my knife with me while /out/. Unless you're being an autistic fuck or you're /out/ing in a city park no cop will bait you for it.
>>
>>782283
Your knife laws aren't even that bad. I understand them completely. Under 3 inch in pocket and have it be a flip but without thumb press or trigger/gravity/button operated. Not hard to follow. Now do I believe in that? A FUCK NO
>>
just put the dang knife in your dang backpack and pull it out when your on the dang trail
>>
File: fvNh6.jpg (65 KB, 312x360) Image search: [Google]
fvNh6.jpg
65 KB, 312x360
>>782167
Just say that you are sikhi and tired of this situation and they will let you carry this.
>>
Country?
>>
>>782248
Yuropoors can't into God's measuring system
>>
>>782379
Op said 3 cms not inches
>>
>>783295
imperial measurements, so good the imperium that invented it broke apart. the pieces then decided, each on it's own, to swich to metric system.
>>
>>783413
They also decided, all individually and on their own, to abandon the God of said imperium.
All, that is, save one.
>checkmate atheists
>>
I don't give a shit about gun rights, but I'll generally support NRA types because of this slippery slope against knife ownership.

It's a ticking knife! We wouldn't be humans without fire, and knives!
>>
>>782167
isn't it legal to carry one if you need it for work? we have that in iceland and since you might need a multitool when traveling by bike or car, it's justified.

out-ing also justifies it because what if you want to fish, collect herbs or some shit.
>>
>>783962
Why Iceland has pussyfied knofe laws too? Wtf
>>
>>783972
nah, we inherited knife laws from denmark. nothing get's done around here but we took back our weapon laws recently. all knifes are legal, bows are not in the same class as guns anymore. cops are super chill here and will only make a comment on your knife if you're already doing something illegal.

we have always been allowed to own pumps and single shot rifles(i also think we can have handguns)
>>
>>784037
In all fairness you guys have one of the safest countries in the world so guns there are only for fun. A knife on the other end is always very useful either being you /out/ or not.

One question that has nothing to do with the thread, is your country worth to solo travel there?
>>
>>784041
although i just got into going /out/ i'd recommend it. we offer more services to tourists than our own people and if you ever need help then no problem, everyone speaks english. i'd recommend a day tour of the golden circle and the blue lagoon but if you want more action you'll have no problem finding it

i know that hiking is a big tourist thing and i've gone cave exploring a couple times when i was young but i have no idea about locations.
>>
>>784047
Thanks lad.
>>
>>784037
I don't know why Iceland is so restrictive, it's one of the least violent places on the planet.
>>
I would suggest finding a us military can-opener. They're cheap, small, and effective for cutting.

If you're talking defense, learn to fight bare handed.
>>
>>784054
it's probably because nothing get's done in iceland.

þetta reddast
>>
>>784054
Can't tell if shitpost or not.
>>
File: tmp_415-1459347079816853377768.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
tmp_415-1459347079816853377768.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>eurocucks
>>
>>782379
No mate you don't understand

You can carry pretty much ANYTHING bar a very small list of knives provided you have a valid reason. innawoods is generally regarded as a good reason, as is fishing and work use. Having a machete to cut the crusts off your sarnies is not seen as a good reason. Understanding the legislation and it's limitations means you can argue back very successfully if you do ever get stopped (I have), however it's very unlikely you'll ever get hassled in an /out/ situation. Do you really think the fuzz are going to be out on a hillside doing checks of random people's backpacks for knives or are they going to be in a town dealing with pissed up yobs/ racking up people's speeding fines on a motor way?

You can carry a knife with a blade of 3" or less without reason ( aside from a certain few places like court houses and schools) provided the blade does not lock ( so slip joints and friction folders are go-go-go)

There is no legislation currently in writing or being lobbied that restricts assisted openers, flippers or one handed opening knives. There have however been problems with import where border force has been hammering any folding as a gravity knife and trying to get them to open with a wrist flick. Most UK knife bros now will tell a foreign seller to tighten up the pivot screw of the knife to the point of being non opening just to get it though the postal system.

Anything else...?
>>
You don't get it OP.

The reason the UK law is so vague regarding a reason to carry is so that police officers have the flexibility to decide the legality when they meet you. If they catch you with a mora in public woods and question you, you say something about how you'd never take it anywhere near suburban areas, they nod and let you go about your way.

If they catch a knife on some ugly looking lower class retard in a pub they beat the shit outta him and lock him up and charge him hard for the same knife size.

Don't let a random old couple see you with your knife though, they love an excuse to call the police on anyone to spice up their weekend dinner party discussions.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.