[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wtf is this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Hey /out/ there is no medical board so I was just wondering if this looks like anything you guys have seen. I think it might be a parasite because it has been burning and slowly moving all day
>>
>>
>parasite
not necessarily, hives can move pretty quickly

go to a doc with the pics man.
>>
I thought it was hives but it keeps flaring back up in different spots on my hand all not to far from each other
>>
The shape is what concerns me
>>
>>782077
Just go to the doctor, especially if it isn't getting better.
>>
>>782068
where do you live and where have you been recently?
>>
Pennsylvania and nowhere
>>
>>782068
>I think it might be a parasite because it has been burning and slowly moving all day

Let's consider it's what you think it is. Try applying a hot / ice pad to it and see if it reacts at a fast pace.

How fast has it been moving? I've seen allergic bodily reactions "spread" and appear worse in some areas where it was diminished beforehand. Giving the appearance that something is moving.

If you're worried, go to the clinic. If you don't have the insurance, many hospitals have lower priced clinic days.
>>
Cold didn't give any reaction. If it continues to bother me into tomorrow I'll make a doctors appointment and if it's anything crazy I'll share it here on /out/ just in case somebody else like me comes to you guys for assistance
>>
>>782099
>if it's anything crazy I'll share it here on /out/ just in case somebody else like me comes to you guys for assistance
well, share even if it's just hives. would be good to know.
>>
>>782068
>>782070
I'm no expert, but that looks like roundworms to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
New development they have become circles
>>
>>782112

Roundworms are usually more pronounced than what I'm seeing here but it's hard to say given the location. If it were the case then he would have had to have been doing something to get them. They don't just magically get there.
>>
>>782068
My bet is that you touched the wrong vegetal, but it may also be an insect/spider bite.
99% chances it's nothing and will go away in a week but still go to the doctor if you are not an American.
>>
If you're sexually active I know what this is. Are you sexually active OP?
>>
>>782150
holy fuck dude, get to a doc. seriously.

that looks like a target lesion. these are associated with tick borne Borrelia infections like Lyme disease.

The other possibility I forgot to mention was erythema multiforme. Caused by viral/parasitic/bacterial infection or drug reaction. can also present as a target lesion, usually singular, usually on the palms and soles.

S. pyogenes infection also cause ring lesions (erythema marginatum), but no other symptoms and the location/number make this less likely.

check the rest of your body carefully. get to a doc.
>>
>>782322
>that looks like a target lesion. these are associated with tick borne Borrelia infections like Lyme disease.

This was my first thought
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.