[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm starting to build a grilling shelter in my backyard.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: barbecue%20hut.jpg (141 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
barbecue%20hut.jpg
141 KB, 700x525
I'm starting to build a grilling shelter in my backyard. I am planning for it to have a roof and perhaps meter high walls for cozyness. In spirit like on the pic.

Grill is going to be in the middle of the shelter with a table around it for maximum comfort.

But what else should this grilling shelter contain? Any ideas?

I don't care about a smoking oven. Making a sauna is too large scale of a project.

Firewood storage chest is useful. A chest to throw empty beer cans into also is useful. Perhaps one corner should be made out of stone.

Any more ideas, guys. I would mainly use this grill shelter to drink beer with buddies and grill meat, sausages and shashlik. Perhaps you know more things to do when grilling.
>>
>>781704
One of those mini keg fridges

How high are you gonna do the table? I think you should keep it low, like 18" or maybe a but more so you can have the low-slung patio chairs around it.

That's just what I would do. But thinking about it like that, I would prolly do the grill off to the side so people can sit in a circle. Depends if you will mainly chill there or have a fire pit nearby where you would hang out.

Sound cool though. I wish I had friends to hang out with in my beer shelter.
>>
File: barbecue.jpg (144 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
barbecue.jpg
144 KB, 700x525
>>781745
Mini fridge idea is tempting, but the idea of having to install 200 meters of cable to power it kills that temptation. Although a place to store the beer would be quite useful. I ain't gonna put the beer on the table - who would want to drink warm beer.

I like the idea of it being low. That way the warmth of the fire reaches people sitting around it.

I planned to have the grill in the center because we usually sit around it, enjoying the fire when grilling.
>>
>>781780
Yeah fridges pull some electricity too so you kinda want to do it right if you run electrical out there at all. If you can get a good deal on one of those big aluminum flip-top coolers, that could be semi-permanent there and look nice. It's no kegerator but will keep the beers cold.

The low seating is key though. Get an outdoor couch and a couple of those wide, low chairs. Sometimes they are wicker and have those cushions you can take inside when not in use.
>>
>Fire pit in the middle with a grill over it.
>Rock wall around fire pit with counter top.
>No counter space at cooking area so access.
>Chairs around glorious table/grill.
>Bench style seating inside the outside walls.
>Coolers inside bench seats for maximum frosty.
>Lights powered by solar on roof of structure.

Could probably even fit in some cabinets for dry storage.
>>
>>781780
That's a bad solution imho
If theres any wind at all the smoke will blow in your faces
>>
File: elite-lattice-645x363.jpg (130 KB, 645x363) Image search: [Google]
elite-lattice-645x363.jpg
130 KB, 645x363
>>781796
We don't mind the smoke. And if the wind is too severe, we can always build a wind break fence to the most offending side. Wind break fence is on the pic.

>>781785
Didn't think about a thermo box until you mentioned it, thanks.

Hmm, couch is another rad idea. I won't be buying it though. I'll rather build it myself. I know my way around needels so sewing together some rag cushions shouldn't be a problem.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.