[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /Out/ I need your opinions on my next purchase ,either A:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
Hi /Out/ I need your opinions on my next purchase ,either A: wetterlings swedish forest axe or B: Tops 7 kukuri. I already have a gerber lmf2 that I bought years ago when I knew nothing about knifes. Which combination of them whlould you choose based on your experiences? Thanks.
>>
What in the hell is that abomination

The point of a kukri is that it is about as long as a machete but bent to provide an alternative angle that a machete wouldnt normally have

This is a bent combat knife

Why
Why
Why
>>
Esee 4,5 or 6
>>
>>781512
Get a small hatchet if it has anything to do with wood.
>>
>>781512
get a gek 2000 by boker in n690 steel
and a small mora
>>
>>781514
Kukri is sexy in all sizes.
But I agree that it is useless even more than the usual big knives.
It's too short, unless that tip is extremely thick and we can't see it.

Op, for what do you need it?
If it's just because of the looks, go for the kukri.
If it is for anything else than the looks, go for a regular knife (if you need a knife) or the axe (or even better an hatchet).
>>
>>781512
>hatchet because axe is too heavy and kukris aren't useful for chopping wood
>full-tang mora because it's the cheapest good full-tang knife
>>
>>781512
Just get a cheap hatchet and sharpen it.

>>781899
>mora
>full tang
I have a mora and bring it on nearly all my /out/ings, but it's most definitely not full tang.
>>
>>781514
its usage and design is pretty apparent. it delivers torque in a way meant for chopping and wood penetration. its built to be a forest 1 tool option. despite that, and my acknowledgment that batoning is 90% meme. i would rather use a baton to deliver force than a swinging arc
>>
>>781920
>I have a mora and bring it on nearly all my /out/ings, but it's most definitely not full tang.

https://gearjunkie.com/morakniv-garberg-survival-bushcraft-knife
>>
>>782016
>would rather use a baton to deliver force than a swinging arc
And what geometric shape will you swing your baton in, anon?
>>
>>782186
He thrusts down vertically with his baton at the knife tip for maximum pump
>>
File: wtf1.png (6 KB, 160x186) Image search: [Google]
wtf1.png
6 KB, 160x186
>>782154
>a Mora for 100$
>>
>>782154

I wish Morakniv would die already.

Fuck them and their survival meme.

Shame on them
>>
>>782186
oh ok smart guy do you want to entertain me with the mechanical differences or should i you
>>
>>781899
>>hatchet because axe is too heavy and kukris aren't useful for chopping wood
>1.4kg
>Too heavy

It's not like it's a full size American double bit felling axe.

>>782216
This, they went full retard trying to cash in on the whole outdoor survival/prepper meme.
Mora 2000 and the basic carpentry versions were the last good and cheap ones.
>>
>>782547
companion still cheap still perfect for outdoors
>>
>>782154
My $10 mora is not full tang.
>>
>>781512
Small forest axe + mora or full tang knife + pocket folder

=

GTG
>>
>>781512
I'd get an ESEE Junglas. Unless you find yourself having to process a fuckton of wood, a large chopper is a better choice.
I've tried khukuris, never been a big fan of them, especially since they're a bit of a pain to freehand/field sharpen.
>>
Get the ontario ranger tfi. It is rated the best knife on the market.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.