[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get started into getting /out/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: header-sommer.jpg (163 KB, 960x415) Image search: [Google]
header-sommer.jpg
163 KB, 960x415
How do I get started into getting /out/?
>>
Gonna need some more info there friend.

What are you interested in doing?
Where do you live?
What kind of investment are you willing to make? Time? Money? Space?
>>
>>781330
I have all the time in the world
Not a shit-ton of money, but moderately enough
I live in Germany, North-Rhine Westphalia more specifically
What do you mean by space?
>>
>>781333
>What do you mean by space?

Maybe you're interested in farming or growing plants. You haven't said what you want to do, so I'm trying to coax it out of you.
>>
>>781333
>North-Rhine Westphalia
You're fucked. Sorry.
>>
>>781340
Because of the Rhine Boom maymay?
>>
>>781339
Hm, not really interested in that
>>
>>781324
Me as well
NW Wisconsin
Fishing and camping for fun
>>
>>781341
I think he means because that particular area is so heavily developed that there aren't many areas suitable for outdoor activities.

So your first step would be to locate a decent wilderness area nearby. Maybe you can look for parks near the Belgian border?
>>
>>781368
Should be pretty easy to find goof camping spots in Wisconsin. You've got Chequamegon and Ottawa National Forests so there should be lots of places to choose from.

I think the best place to start would be day hiking and orienteering. It requires minimal investment as you don't have to buy a pack, tent, sleeping bag, stove, etc. Just a map, compass, and a basic backpack to hold a snack and some water. Get a 1:50,000 UTM or MGRS map of the area, a decent compass (Silva, Suunto, or Recta), and take an orienteering course. Learning orienteering yourself is an option, but obviously if you fuck up you'll get lost, so be careful and make sure someone knows where you are and when you're expected back.
>>
File: I dont know such a country.png (1007 KB, 1386x963) Image search: [Google]
I dont know such a country.png
1007 KB, 1386x963
>>781398
Belgium? I dont know such place
>>
I'd like to get /out/ as well.
Broke uni student so preferably not too expensive. Live near moscow. Just want to get out with my gf, I'm pretty interested in geology and mushrooms too if that matters.

Interested in growing plants innadorm but I don't think that's really /out/ related
>>
The sticky should link starter sides and tips
>>
>>781564
Growing mushrooms may be easier than plants. You don't need a whole lot of space for them or light
>>
>>781584
That's what I was thinking. I'm just worried about temperature control.
>>
>>781324
Same.. have camped twice in the last year with my brother and girlfriends family but have no idea what I should really bring because I've only been to the beach.

I'm a broke 18 year old in southern California. I prefer mountains and desert to the beach. What should I buy / bring? Sorry sticky wasn't much help
>>
>>781597
>>747404
>>
>>781601
Thanks man I appreciate it!
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.