[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why people don't dig a hole and sleep in it with a blanket?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Thinking-2.jpg (34 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Thinking-2.jpg
34 KB, 600x450
Why people don't dig a hole and sleep in it with a blanket?
Why we need a tent and sleeping bag?
>>
>>781138
Imagen it rains.
>>
>>781138
Waking up covered in spiders isnt the best.
>>
Really you only need a sleeping bag that's bug proof, I guess a bivy, that's rated for the temperature, and around that is soft enogh to sleep on.

Personally like a tents room
>>
OP you're a fucking tard.

Why would you expend the energy to dig a hole which would offer you no protection, and in fact make it worse if it rained.

Let alone you'd have to carry a shovel and set aside time to dig a hole. At that point might as well carry a tent ffs.

What you're describing is a fox hole and it's for when you need cover from BULLETS.

Srsly cant tell if OP is retarded or just a fucking troll
>>
wouldnt you also lose more heat to the ground from putting your sleeping bag in a hole rather than a tent. Time, energy, and carrying tools are also serious considerations. Carry a hammock, tarp, and some cord if you dont want to carry a tent that badly
>>
>>781138
So much rage by people in this thread.

OP I sleep in root holes when I am out, saves on bringing a tent and bivvy. I just put some branches at an angle over the top and make a roof (takes 40-60 mins max), then cover with debris. Works well enough for a comfy nights sleep, a good sleeping bag means you will be cosy and you can add leaves to the floor if you feel the cold.

May just be the woods I go into but water doesn't pool or run on the ground, it just sinks in where it lands
>>
>>781707
Before anyone complains about the time it takes, what exactly is it you do in the woods? I enjoy foraging and working, so quick set up camps do not appeal
>>
>>781708
>literally sleeping in a hole in the ground
hippie
>>
There are people who do this.

We call them idiots.

They usually wake up covered in chiggers with bugs in their pants.

Plus snakes and scorpions like to cozy up to warm things in the night. If they can cozy up next to YOU, they will, and startling a scorpion merely by virtue of waking up isn't much fun.
>>
>>781218
This is a 10/10 response to this thread
>>
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 272x185) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 272x185
>>781138
Imagine this,

But your whole body
>>
>>781218
>>781876
l would say more like 6.5/10.
He didn't discuss insulation issues due to heat being absorbed by the ground. Bugs are also an issue, as well as having dirt in your sleeping bag. You also have no space to move around in a hole unless it is huge, and at that point the energy you expend might as well be set on building a tent. Good effort though. Maybe it was less than under noraml circumstances because he is right, OP sounds like a fucking twelve year old who just had a random thought pop into head and didn't have the mental capacity to reason out for two seconds why his idea is shitty.
Also butts.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.