[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else been in a conservation corps? Nevada Conservation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: saw3.jpg (547 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
saw3.jpg
547 KB, 1600x1200
Anyone else been in a conservation corps?
Nevada Conservation Corps member here, on a chainsaw crew working 8 days on, 6 days off cutting down trees in the nevada desert, a perfect job if youre looking for something to do after high school/college. AMA
>>
>>780159

One person working, three watching.
Yeah, that sounds like a government job.
>>
I did this, it's fun but you'll spend the majority of your time cutting down invasives that came about cause some idiot planted a honey suckle for its aesthetic value 30 years ago.
>>
File: finger removal tutorial.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
finger removal tutorial.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>780159
>legs too close together
>branch not propped up properly
>using the fucking tip of the chainsaw instead of the very back where the anti-kick teeth are
>might be wearing proper rated hearing protection, might be

At least the other people are standing far enough back and there's nothing dangling off the person running the saw.

Is there really no safety course at all?
>>
>>780898
Nah there's a lot of safety instruction.
What matters most is that our legs, along with the rest of our body is out of the saw's arc. The kickback corner is only the top half of the saw tip, so we can use the rest of the tip for stuff on the ground, giving us the control we need to not put the chain in the dirt on accident.
>>
How long did it take you to hate Juniper bark?
>>
>>780257
kek
>>
>>780159
why are they cutting down trees in the desert?
>>
File: Desertification_map.png (558 KB, 1700x1100) Image search: [Google]
Desertification_map.png
558 KB, 1700x1100
>>780945
Because it is humanity's god given right to do so.
>>
>>780159
do you work with a lot of niggers?
>>
>>780979
I work for the NPS and we had a CC crew come through with this black guy who, was clearly using steroids, as he was lactating. The doctor they took him to claimed it was due to pesticides we were using, but I ain't buying that.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.