[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /out/ do for fun at the end of the day at the campsite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: 10005265405.jpg (237 KB, 1024x804) Image search: [Google]
10005265405.jpg
237 KB, 1024x804
What does /out/ do for fun at the end of the day at the campsite when camping solo. Music? Books? I prefer to practice sleight of hand or read.
>>
>>778105
I read
>>
>>778105
I practice Crouching Tiger Masturbation technique and Early Rising Monk Sleeping technique; in that order.
>>
Burry the bodies I brought up
>>
Put differently shaped rocks in my butt
>>
>>778105
I usually hike till I collapse, wake up with the backpack still on my back and keep going.
>>
>>778105
Knife throwing, primitive skills, rock hounding, mediation, bird watching, photography, marksmanship, plant identification, fishing, Jerking off to nasty pics OPS mom sends me, cooking, et cetra
>>
>>778105
Read
>>778195
>Knife throwing
Nigga plz
>mediation
Uwot?
>et cetra
*et caetera
>>
>>778195

Found the school shooter
>>
>>778205
School Shooter?! You must be an anti gun Eurofaggot. Grow up, learn how to shoot like a man. Don't be a little bitch.
>>
>>778198
What do you do alone in the woods new friend? Is school out for summer already?
>>
>>778105
Chores then sleep
I've been hiking all day and I have to get up with the sun tomorrow morning and get hiking ASAP

I don't understand how people have all this spare time while /out/
>>
>>778105
Jack it while imagining bears nearby.

sometimes I set up little rock chips as targets and practice shooting. Keeps the bears away.
>>
>>778245
Some trips are planned to be more leisurely. Sometimes you want to hike all day and get miles in, sometimes you want to be able to have some time to relax and dick around.
>>
Enjoy a fine ceegar and watch the sunset.
>>
>>778465
Muh nigga
>>
>>778239
Has nothing to do with guns you aspie.
>>
>>779159
Kid, relax, maybe smoke a bowl. This thread is about what people do, in the woods, on their own to waste time. What do you do in the woods for fun kiddo? Now that schools out sounds like you have some time on your hands little guy.
>>
>>778198
Mediation is great for maintaining positive mental health and clarity.

Knife throwing is fun. Set up a cork board target and go to town. old dart boards work great.

Nothing wrong with reading, I do plenty at home.
>>
>>778105
>I prefer to practice sleight of hand
is that what they're calling it these days?
>>
>>779194
I wonder what OP means by that?
>>
stare at the campfire as i revisit my death again and again- the flames dancing in my vision enveloping me with the inevitable darkness as i slowly slip into a desperate plea with myself begging the vivid eyes of the fire for mercy while the heat burns at my last lingering grasp of sanity.

then i jerk off and sleep
>>
>>778105

After I've hiked all day, set up sleeping kit, gathered firewood, started fire and cooked dinner I'm usually too tired to do much more than read.

I tend to do fun shit during the day when I'm taking breaks from hiking. Currently I'm practising my accuracy with a shepherd's sling. Not to hunt anything, just to annoy people with kek

>two weeks ago innawoods
>off trail but not by much just yet
>spot a couple of bushwalkers
>evilplan.jpg
>I'm standing on a rise, they're below me about 100m away
>Don't know I'm here
>quietly grab a couple of stones
>fling it over their heads
>they hear it whiz past and hit the ground nearby
>the stop suddenly
>did you hear that?
>round 2
>oh yeah I heard that one! what the hell was that?
>I dunno... maybe a bird? whatever it is, it's making a hell of a noise
>Third time's the charm
>decide to fling this one nice and hard
>Accidentally smash it directly into the trunk of a huge gum tree
>THOCK
>reverberates around the valley kek
>guy lets out a girly yelp
>girl freaks out
>they run for it
>nearly shat myself from kekking so hard
>>
>>779175
>Mediation
I think what you mean is called meditation.
Mediation means trying to solve a disagreement between different parties. Or perhaps you mediate between your different schizophrenic selves to maintain a positive mental health and clarity out in the woods?
>>
>>779231

I mediate arguments between my foot and hipster cairns while I'm /out/

>Spoiler: the foot always wins
>>
>>778105
rock stacking :^)
>>
>>779230
I used to try and sneak into other campers campfires, as in, they would be sitting around a fire talking, and when everyone would turn their heads to look at whoever was speaking at the moment i would step out of the shadows and sit next to them without them noticing.

Screaming would ensue. Every. Fucking. Time.

Some other times i would wait for everyone to be asleep, walk into their camp and tie a cord between two trees right in the middle of their camp and hang a line of smoked fish, meat, whatever. I would go away and come back at dawn to see their reactions to finding a food offering from an unknown source right in the middle of their camp.

Gets them packing up and leaving the area in minutes.
>>
>>781055

>creepy as fuck

Did you also have a morning jizz in their oatmeal?
>>
smoke weed then masterbate onto the fire. Something about the gentle warmth of coals radiating up to my exposed bollocks that is just so enjoyable
>>
>>779169
>knife throwing
>shooting
>smoking "bowls"
>meditating
Are you 15?
>>
>>778205
Kek
>>
>>781055
You know you're bound to get shot right?
>>
>>781055
>Food offering
Dude, you should kill some bird and lay it on the ground, with all the blood around it in writing "Here come dat boi"
>>
>>778239

Not just bringing a recurve, a blade, and your mitts to make traps like a man. Dont be a little bitch. Remember they make guns in pink too.
>>
>>779220
You could've just said you eat a couple tabs
>>
>>781055
Bullshit fantasy.
>>
>>781055
I would shoot you, fyi
>>
>>778105
Build a fire, make food, eat it, then hike to somewhere nice and look at the stars. By the time im done im pretty dead.
>>
>>778105
Sometimes I read, sometimes I listen to audio books or music, most often I just sit by the fire and watch the flames dance while I drink a beer or three, I still carry a small transistor radio with me, it covers FM/MW/SW so I can often pick up foreign stations too.
>>
Any news on the guy who liked to strip naked then proceed to grind on the local plantlife?
>>
>>778105
Usually just sit/lay around because I am tired from the day.

If it was a rest day, could be books, music, or even some portable video games.
>>
File: huehuehue.png (65 KB, 192x181) Image search: [Google]
huehuehue.png
65 KB, 192x181
>>779230
>>
>>778105
After dark?

I drink until I fall asleep. I rarely camp with a tent, so light isn't really an option unless I want to be constantly pelted by june bugs.
>>
>>781055
Now I wanna stalk a bunch of campers and write Here Come Dat Boi in front of their campsite every night.
>>
File: 1464714647288.gif (2 MB, 318x239) Image search: [Google]
1464714647288.gif
2 MB, 318x239
>>779220
>>
File: ElderScrolls_Oblivion.jpg (578 KB, 808x1024) Image search: [Google]
ElderScrolls_Oblivion.jpg
578 KB, 808x1024
anyone /out/ alone? Been /out/ a lot in the piney wood area of Texas, but never alone. 50/50 I would feel slightly spooped and also bored. What do you loners do, been thinking of trying it. For outdoor discipline, ya dig?
>>
I am looking forward to blinding unleashed dogs with a 2W laser.

I've had it with those hippie fuckers!
>>
>>779230

There's a canyon near my home and it's been my favorite weekend getaway for a long time.

>be me
>canyon is popular destination for highschool kids
>paved road all the way up to the top of the mountain
>kids always like to walk away from the road despite private property (same)
>collect skeletal remains of critters I find
>choose one slightly hidden, difficult-to-find grove per year
>hang all remains in trees
>wait in area near here for stoner or lovebird highschool kids
>scare the shit out of 'em every year

I hope that one day this canyon will be renown for some freaky cryptid beast or sprooky blair witch. I've just recently ordered an aztec death whistle to assist in my noise-making shenanigans. Whenever I'm walking back down the road during my day hikes and get asked questions by kids passing by, I always tell them to be on the lookout "cuz some really weird shit is going on". Pray for me, anon.
>>
>>782949
Walking, eating, then some more walking and then sleep. repeat for the next day until enough. I find being alone and thinking quite relaxing. If you are scared of beasts, then get a decent axe / hike in safer places. If you feel you really want to share the experience take photos/snaps/videos.

My current issue is somewhat reversed, planning a 2 day trip with friends who are completely not /out/ tier, I have no idea what they might want to do.
>>
>>779169

That's the most desperately condescending post on 4chan right now
>>
>>781055

I'm 12 years old an super hardcore: the post.
>>
pretend to be bigfoot
>>
File: image.jpg (340 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
340 KB, 1400x1050
>>778105
I aggressively choke and stroke my penis. Use my do-rag to catch the sticky mess. And yes I wear the same do-rag the next day.
>>
>>778198
>*et caetera
*et cetera
>>
>>781055
You're gonna get shot, you retard.
>>
>>782949
I exclusively /out/ alone. Friends aren't interested in anything beyond beach/car camping. It gets lonely, but I enjoy the freedom. No slowing down or holding back for slower people, no feeling pressured to hurry up from fitter people.
>>
I fish the entire time I'm /out/. I slowly burn through some cigars during evening fishing and I gotta tell ya there is no greater comfort than fishing, counting stars, smoking cigars, and listening to the sounds of the night.
>>
>>781055
>Man shot and killed scaring the shit out of campers. Police rule it justified because "he totally had it coming scaring people like that, fucking dumb ass".
>>
>>782982
Living the dream.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.