[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time bothy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: bothy-camasunary-estuary-skye.jpg (79 KB, 940x335) Image search: [Google]
bothy-camasunary-estuary-skye.jpg
79 KB, 940x335
I'm looking to spend a weekend at a bothy in Wales sometime in the next month or so.
I've never stayed in one before and I'm a bit nervous about turning up to one to find it's full of people from one group partying it up and looking like a weirdo.

Can anyone share their bothy experiences to put my mind at ease?
>>
I generally don't leave the house but I'll bump this thread out of the kindness of my heart
>>
>>777474
>>777488

Thank you, friends. I would've thought someone here has experience of staying on a Bothy with a tale or two to tell.

I think they're more popular in Scotland than in Wales though.
>>
>>777464

There was one guy on here to stayed in one. Said he spent a whole month there without seeing a single person, if I recall correctly. And yes, his was in Scotland.
>>
>>777488
>I generally don't leave the house
/out/ in a fucking nutshell
>>
>>777464
Have a look at some bike camping blogs and hiking blog. I think there's a actual Bothy website too.
>>
File: wsb.jpg (460 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wsb.jpg
460 KB, 1280x720
Take a tent with you, that way if its full you have another option for a comfortable night.

I live in the lake district and use bothys on occasion and you find people already there fairly often. Whats more annoying however is thinking you have a bothy to yourself, getting all comfy and then a few folks turn up late on.

Pic related is a pic I took of the bothy which I stayed in on monday.
>>
How does one plan for a stay in a bothy? Is there a website?
>>
This might be useful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9VQ4HPB4Ao&index=41&list=WL
>>
>>779274
Not OP but thats really awesome and useful cheers for sharing
>>
>>779332

No worries, anon. Only found it today. I'm moving to the UK soon and I want to hike around Scotland. Bothies look comfy as fuck.
>>
>>779274

OP here. Really enjoyed watching that. Thanks.
>>
>>778580
You just turn up, they're open and available for all.
>>
>>777464
You'll be fine OP. Footy season is over now.
>>
>>779526

No worries m8
>>
>>780317
Stayed at a bothy. Theyre not meant for sleeping in but are ideal for a fire and meal
>>
>>780773

Bothy's aren't meant for sleeping in? I thought that was the point of them. I've read that a few have raised platforms to sleep on and in the video that anon posted here the bothy even had bunk beds and mattresses.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.