[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /out/, Griptilian or Para military 2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: imgres.jpg (5 KB, 404x125) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
5 KB, 404x125
Hey /out/, Griptilian or Para military 2?
>>
>>777231
Paramilitary 2 for sure. Great knife.
>>
>>777231
Mini Gripi
>>
File: 20160526_151559.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160526_151559.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>777231
Para 2 for me. Both are great knives, though. I had a griptilian for a short while but I prefer the blade shape and feel of the paramilitary. Saying that I only got ny pm2 yesterday and have yet to use it so i hope it delivers haha
>>
>>777231
both are great but i'll always prefer the para 2
>>
Grip. Don't fall for the spydergoy meme.
>>
Anyone done any real hard use on either?
>>
>>777844
No. These people are knife collectors. They may go hard at the sharpening stone, but that's about it. God forbid they try and use their $150 pocket knife as a screwdriver in a sticky situation.

The real sc/out/s around here seem to use $50 knives or Moras.
>>
>>777844

PM2 has a thin / weak tip.

Both are capable knives but are folding knives and designed for light tasks not heavy use. If you're bearing down with all your weight on it, gouging/twisting/prying with it you need a fixed blade.

I don't carry a PM2 as I am a britbong but had 6 Spydercos (currently down to 1 with 1 more on the way, BB forum knife yaaaay)
>>
>>777848
Guy with the new pm2 here. I only have 2 locking knives now, the pm2 and an opinel. I used to have a griptilian but i sold it. I used the grip and use the opinel as a backup knife for when i go into the woods or camping, a work knife and a knife for cleaning small game. Don't assume that everyone who buys these knives only use them for opening boxes. I just felt like treating myself to something nice which i don't do too often.
>>
>>777887
(OP here) I have fixed blades for those tasks, but some folders are only strong enough for light EDC tasks and others can do moderately hard outdoor tasks
>>
>>777900
Didn't say just opening boxes. I said avoiding twisting/prying/gouging is to be avoided with folding knives.
>>
>>777922
Sorry I thought you were just saying that everyone who buys expensive folders are just collectors that don't use their knives. But fair enough. i carry a leatherman every day so i don't need to use my knife for anything but cutting
>>
File: IMG_20160520_184008.jpg (516 KB, 1448x1075) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160520_184008.jpg
516 KB, 1448x1075
>>777231

PM2 without a fucking doubt
>>
>>777848
good points. i'd get a panic attack screwdriving with my folder. It's not going to happen.
Broke the tip of my mora though, yet if I'm going to the woods for the day..i'll bring my folder, gotta have some class and comfort.
>>
>>777797
What meme would that be exactly
>>
The only real answer here is Manix 2.
>>
>>777848
Fuckin keyboard warrior
>>
>>778041
Admittedly that would be my choice too
>>
File: blade-to-handle-ratio.jpg (121 KB, 639x506) Image search: [Google]
blade-to-handle-ratio.jpg
121 KB, 639x506
>>777231
pick one
>>
File: DSC_0030-01.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0030-01.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
Para 2 but I'd pick a kulgera/940/2550 over the Para.
>>
File: DSC_0065.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0065.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
Benchmade blades are really good once you get past the griptilian here's some of mine
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
Neither. Get an Auto Stryker.
>>
>>778859
Get all 3 collecting is fun
>>
>>777231

14" bowie
>>
>>778837
I was about to ask someone to post this picture. I really don't get the para2 shilling. But I'm not the one buying one so .
>>
>>778993
it's a meme and praised piece of expensive garbage
>>
>>777848
>God forbid they try and use their $150 pocket knife as a screwdriver in a sticky situation.
Yeah, who the hell doesn't carry a better tool for the job?
>>
Griptilian in 20CV with hole opener
>>
another vote for para 2... be VERY careful where you buy it though. My friend picked one up off craigslist a few years ago and found out it was a really well-made chinese knock-off(Only give away was the angle of the gimping on the spine of the blade. Though i'm sure if he got the metal tested, it be some shitty 8crmov13 thing)

Make damn sure you know all the signs of a counterfeit before buying it unless youre dealing with a reputable store.
>>
>>778837

Apples to oranges

The benchmades have a small ricasso and a high blade:handle ratio but have over half an inch between the edge and your index finger.

The spyderco has a large ricasso which uses blade area that could be edge however that finger grove that allows you to fully chock up on the blade..

Two totally different designs with different advantages.
>>
>>778859
for the autist in each of us?

fucking mall ninja looking shit
>>
Not a fan of the stock grip and minigrip handles. They were uncomfortable for carry. If you got some aftermarket scales (i personally like the AWT scales) then I'd love it.

I have never handled a PM2 however, so i can't say which one i would prefer.
>>
>>777844
I had a Grip for over a decade and used the shit out of it. Lost it when it fell out of my pocket fleeing the house of a slampig I met on craigslist.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.