[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
patching polartech hoody?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160520_174004.jpg (726 KB, 2304x1422) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160520_174004.jpg
726 KB, 2304x1422
Sup /out/

I have an old Hyllus hoody from Arc'teryx. Its my favorite piece of clothing, but as i was cleaning it up to store away(only really good for -10C to 10C) i noticed 2 tiny holes on the outer layer. I want to do whatever i can to prevent them from getting worse. Anyone have an idea? Or should i just accept that ~3 years of use is what i should be happy with, and accept i'll prob. only get one more fall out of it? In case you cant tell, Its got a brown exterior, and the blue showing in the hole is the fleece liner.(I freely admit its an ugly color combo.)
>>
>>775726
I thought that small iron on patches exist.
>>
call dead bird's customer service. i hear they have one of the best guarantees. or they might have a suggestion for diy repair.
>>
>>775726
Patch it and get on with it
>>
>>775772
Yeah, but i dont wanna ruin the look. Was hoping there was some sealant liquid or something i could dab into the hole that would seal it.

>>775778
I emailed them a few days ago but they never got back to me. My guess is they prob. think its insignificant since its not really a water-proof layer.
>>
>>775726
Moths, m8. You've got moths.
>>
>>775807
that's why you call and talk to a real person.
>>
Those holes are pretty small and don't look like they'll spread. Invest in some mothballs

My friend has that same garmet, the jacket though, not the hoodie. Hella comfy
>>
>>775853
>>775855
I dont think so. Theres no other wear like that on my other clothes(cotton and wool stuff is stored in the same closet), plus its polyester so its not really something a moth would want to eat. I mean it *looks* like moth damage but i dunno....

And yeah, its crazy comfy. Wish i had gotten the jacket instead. The arm pocket is useless, and while i like the look of the hood better, i never wear them so it kinda just gets in the way.

Its the most expensive article of clothing i own, so it sucks its kinda starting to show wear even though i babied it(only hand washed with nikwax). My cheaper arcteryx stuff, which i abused, dont show any wear other than maybe a bit of stretching from machine washing and drying.
>>
put a drop of melted paracord on it
>>
bicycle patches are effective at fixing waterproofed layers
>>
>>775887
these look like burn holes... did you wear it near any campfires or people smoking
>>
>>775854
This. Even if they don't cover it they might have some repair solutions advice.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.