[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I bought the bivy layer from pic related and I love it. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: zwb-144_1.jpg (48 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
zwb-144_1.jpg
48 KB, 550x550
So I bought the bivy layer from pic related and I love it. I really like the heavy duty construction. I wanted to get the whole system but after seeing how crappy the bags were I didn't. So here's my question, how hard would it be to to change the fill in a milsurp patrol bag to down? If not do you know of any quality bags that are a bit more rugged at the expense of weight and would work with this system?
>>
>>774867
I spent 10 years in the army most of it as a sapper. I have spent 0f nights in just that setup. It works.

If you realy want down just replace the mid level with a down sack. Or the smallest level if you can find a down sack that light.

But the whole system works. It kept me alive on many an afghani hilltop.
>>
>>774867
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_hfdQe4dyo
>>
>>774876
Do you sleep under a groundsheet or just in the bivy?
>>
>>774990
Depended on the mission. As a sapper i did alot of heavy clearance and most hilltops i ever slept on was on a cot. Because we could hall them on the outside of the trucks.

The absolute lowest temps i ever spent in my bivy were under an expedient log top hole. It was cold as fuck that night. And yea in the field i would put up a ground tarp sometimes but i never thought it helped too much. But then afain it was my poncho.

But when push came to shove my 3 piece bivy set worked.
>>
>>775009
>>774990

I'm in the Canadian army and the standard is to use a bivy under a half tent (Which is basically a tarp that hides the shape of a dude and gives you a way to keep your kit dry) but in serious weather we use arctic tents.

You can go without a half tent but for tactical reasons you don't.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.