[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /out/ This coming weekend I'm planning on taking my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
Hey /out/
This coming weekend I'm planning on taking my gf on a camping trip, but it's forecasted to rain all weekend. She's not liking the idea of camping in the rain/possible storms. So do you guys have any advice to make camping in the rain half decent or should I just scrap the trip?
>>
There is nothing better than falling asleep with water ticking on your tent/shelter.

Make a modest Fire with a place to sit dry and it will be cozy as fuck.
>>
>>774832
Lick her vaginor
>>
>>774832
Lie to her and say weather will be perfect, pack her rain gear in your pack. If she dumps you then she wasn't worth it anyways.
>>
>>774832
Rain makes everything miserable but if you are going to do it anyway, put a tarp over your tent, and a second one like in your pic to sit along the fire.

Still, prepare your anus because women get cold in no time and she'll blame it on you even if she is going by her own will.
>>
>>774832
What tent do you have op?
>>
>>774832
Aside from gear to keep you dry...
Get single serve packets of hot chocolate, ginger tea, 3 in 1 instant coffee, whatever you like. They'll be amazing. Maybe a thermos so you can make a bunch at once and keep it hot. Take the chill out of your bones when needed.

Also spending the extra on the better kinds of freeze dried meals can shut up whiners. quick and easy comfort food.
>>
Tarps. Tarps everywhere. Make sure all your shit is seam-sealed and set up a nice little cooking/hang out area with a groundcover and rain fly. Invest in some good dry bags and bring plenty of fresh socks and don't wear fucking cotton anything.
>>
>>775006
Also, get one of those backpacking chairs. Staying off the wet ground helps a ton.
>>
And you'll need to kawaii the shit of that camp. Make candle lanterns with soda cans so she doesn't get spooped with the dark. You don't want her to be afraid or she will fuck your shit up real nicely.
>>
bring some travel scrabble or a pack of playing cards and a guide on how to play some 2 player games, condoms
>>
Show that you care for her. Bring a shovel and digg a hole for her so she wont have to digg her own when she wants to take a dump.
>>
If she's already not liking the idea DON'T DO IT.
You're all going to be miserable.

If it's the first time taking your gf camping and she's not an outdoor person, you want to make things as enjoyable for her as possible then pump up the difficulty slowly.
>>
>>775071
this

also op, what's the temp forecast?
>>
Bring a compass and teach her basic navigation.
>>
>>775071
I agree with this. Camping in the rain is miserable for most people and chances are it will turn her away from the hobby and make her more hesitant to go on future trips.
>>
>>775072
The temp is suppose to be pretty decent, but I know rain will chill things down
>>
>>774889
Bella Coola 3
>>
>>775115
It will do but srs if it's raining just call it off.
>>
>>774832
just make sure you both have acceptable clothing/footwear for hiking/camping in the rain.
Me, I love it. but only if I've got good, waterproof boots and a waterproof outer shell (jacket and pants o/c).
not to mention you better have your waterproofed groundcloth, tent, rain-fly sorted out and it better fucking work.
Extra measure of precaution you can spray your rain-fly, and maybe your rain jackets with a layer of Camp-dry or some other waterproofing sealant for camping gear.
>>
>>775164
Good points. Would it be worth it to invest in some large tarps?
>>
>>775275
Tarps are always usefull, but go budget, don't fall for memes.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.