[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How crowded will Moab/Arches National Park be for Memorial Day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: arches national park.jpg (95 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
arches national park.jpg
95 KB, 800x600
I want to go on an /out/ adventure for the three-day weekend. I'm thinking of hitting up Arches National Park, and possibly some other places in the area like Glen Canyon and Black Canyon of the Gunnison.

But I know some places get stupid crowded for Memorial Day weekend. Are any of those places I should avoid for the weekend? I'm thinking of doing backpacking/camping Saturday and Sunday night too, will there be spots available?
>>
Moab is gonna be hoppin but its a fun time id check out the parties, meet some locals to show you the good spots
>>
Im going to Cedar Park (near Zion I guess) and Moab this weekend. Huge motorcycle rally/camp on private land.

What should I expect?
>>
>>774537

Expect engine noises.
>>
>>774537

Man, do you have any idea how far apart those two are?
>>
Anyone know if Acadia is going to be packed?
>>
>>774592
yes I do lol. Two separate days.
>>
Be prepared for a bunch of loud Chinese fucks with no consideration of anybody but themselves.
>>
stupid crowded. Chinese tourists especially. It fills up fast, and they close it down, so you really want to get there as early in the morning as humanly possible
>>
>>774612
This.... This is what I ran into when I hit Moab around the same time 2 years ago, Arches was especially bad. Literally buses called like "Asian Tours" or "Yellow Line Buses" (just joking on the 2nd one) dedicated to hauling Asians around the park dressing weird and screaming and running around like a buncha jackasses. Ended up driving through some random gate that was open and hittin a trail and some decent off roading that was off of the main drag. Arches is cool, but fuck me the majority of the little pull offs and short trails are slammed. There was one trail I really enjoyed that wasn't crowded at all since it was 5-6 miles or so, but I forget the name of it.

>>775013
Like he says. Get there as early as possible and map out a few places that you especially want to see so you're not bummed when the place starts packing in.

It's a cool place, just packs in. Canyonlands is right there also which has a ton of mountain biking trails and isn't nearly as crowded. Also not nearly as cool a place, but it's a bit more secluded.

>>774595
I imagine Acadia will be absolutely slammed as well. I went to Acadia in early June last year and it was very crowded. It gets so crowded because there is essentially one main road that is 1 way that goes through the park.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.