[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just bought a cheap cold steel kukri machete. How much will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (57 KB, 252x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
57 KB, 252x600
So I just bought a cheap cold steel kukri machete. How much will this benefit me in the glades, specifically against tall grass and gators?
>>
Your picture reminds me of an inflatable alligator beach toy I once had that I used to ride in the surf until it popped a seam.
>>
>>774278
burly knives have too much weight and momentum for cutting greenery. a thin machete wouldve been ideal. as for defending against gators. you dont. just accept death. they are literally just dinosaurs that cant be killed, or else they wouldve been by now
>>
>>774576
not op but the kukri machete Is very thin and will work fine for light brush and wood, but expect to do some sharpening work on it
>>
>>774278
I have killed gators with a kuri but I wouldn't advise it. It is bettter to have a dagger type knife for killing gators.
>>
>>774278
>Fighting a Gator with a knife

My advice would be to just shoot the fuckers but failing that get the longest knife you can. Reach is important.
>>
>>774576
>a thin machete wouldve been ideal
The only thing the cold steel kukri machete has in common with a kukri is the blade shape, the blade is fairly thin.
>>
If a crazy australian can tackle 20 foot long crocodiles and hog tie them for entertainment then i think an autistic kid with a kukri can kill your average 7 foot florida gator
>>
File: image.jpg (790 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
790 KB, 3264x2448
>>775417
>>775413
Gators are friendly as fuck most of the time. You don't need protection, just feed them a bluegill from time to time and they are straight. I have a fishing spot where I'm always within a few feet of some 8'+ gators and they would never mess with people. They just want whatever you are reeling in.

Not gonna lie though, sometimes when I'm right on the bank and the 3 huge gators right by me disappear under the murky water, I get a little sketched out. But no matter how big the knife, I'm done if a big one wants to drag me under.
>>
File: image.jpg (175 KB, 2074x1555) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175 KB, 2074x1555
>>774278
Carry one of these. If they'll finish off a Kraut, they'll finish a gator.
>>
>>775905
you're a poor season of food away from being gator chow.
>>
>>775916
Meme knife/10
>>
>>775916
>finish a kraut

>implying the germans werent the best soldiers ever and america deliberatly bombed
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.