[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to the wilderness to die, or find a reason to live. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 508x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 508x383
Going to the wilderness to die, or find a reason to live.
I'm at the end of my rope.
I've barely been camping and have little to no survival experience.
Recommend me equipment if you don't want me freezing to death, its okay if you don't want to spoonfeed me I'll end up buying some random gear anyway that might last me a couple nights.
>>
Well at the very least I would prepare by telling someone where you are going so you have a lifeline when you change your mind about slowly dying of dehydration, hunger, and exposure. Besides that what you should bring depends on how long you are going to be out there. How long?
>>
Where are you going?
>>
I'll come with you. I have just some basic stuff though. We will live or die together op
>>
I have walked into the forest to hang myself more than once. I always have a ritual fire before I send myself off, but the longer I stare at the fire the less I want to die and eventually I end up walking back out of those woods. Let the fire speak to you OP.
>>
>>774136
Eat lots of potatoes and live in a dilapidated and abandoned bus.
>>
>>774136
I don't know where you're from so I can't really help you out all that much, I'm going to give you a recommendation based on where I am (Ontario). I did something similar to this when I was a NEET, I walked out into the forest and learned what suffering was. Here's some recommendations to avoid that.

You need a sleeping bag, an air mattress, a bivy bag or tent, and a backpack to pickup and move yourself around. Since it's summer you don't need a lot of thermals, jeans a t-shirt and a hoodie will be appropriate.

Make sure you have the ability to get water because thirst is none too pleasant. I use a platypus gravity filter when I go out.

Also get cookware to make food, some wire to catch food, and then maybe a gun if you know how to use one/can get one.

When I did this I spent about 1k (everything I had) on gear but I still use it today.
>>
File: Stannis_Melisandre_2x10.jpg (124 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Stannis_Melisandre_2x10.jpg
124 KB, 1600x900
>>774817
>>
>>774136
Exercise and being in nature actually have mood stabilizing effects on the brain, so there's a good chance you'll come back. Bring water, food, matches/lighter, rain gear, an insulating layer (fleece or down,) and a tarp and foam pad if you think you'll spend the night outdoors. Don't eat anything you can't identify and try to stay on trails, if you can. Let us know how it goes!
>>
>>774855
OP should not buy an air matress unless he wan'ts to die with a cold back. He should buy a foam pad and use leaflitter to make a soft cushion so he can die comfy and with a warm back.

Bring two tarps, one for rain protection, one to protect from the muddy ground.

Don't bring water, bring a water filter instead.

Also, get a book on survival, maybe a military manual. If he wants to live it will help.
>>
>>774136
Insufficient data for a meaningful answer.
>>
>>775603
We use air pads in the army, I've been nice and toasty on a snowbank using my issued air pad before.
>>
>>774821
ALEXANDER SUPERTRAMP?!
>>
>>774136
My advice: go to REI or somewhere similar and tell the first salesperson you meet exactly what you wrote here.

They are trained to help people like you.
>>
Don't give up on life anon. What are your concerns and what is harsh enough to make you want to leave this world?

You can share if you want, we(at least I) are here to listen you and maybe you'll feel better. Go /out/, acquire experience and go chase what makes you happy in life, it will be much worth. Stay strong mate.
>>
>>779942
I'm with anon here, much as I might like to shitpost. Life is worth living, there is so much to see and do, going /out/ saved me, i'm sure it can save you.
>>
>>774136
If you need a ride O.P., I'll come with you.
>>
Honestly some people who've attempted to an hero but failed said they regretted it. I think I heard it in my psyc class that people who jumped off a bridge would realize before they hit the water that they didn't want to die. I guess in some cases it's impulsive. I do feel that if all options have been exhausted and someone is suffering that they have the right to end their own life.
>>
>>777658
What retarded army isues something that can get pierced and be useless?

OP if you don't consider life to be greatest gift and miracle then there is something seriously wrong with you. You don't need innawoods you need professional help if being able to witness this universe as a human is not a good reason to live to you. First learn what gratefulness is then go innawoods
>>
>>774136
Shotgun, shotgun shells, Kerosene can filled, Mixed Herb (G + R), Lighter (if you aren't an ex smoker), Survival Knife
>>
I was suicidal when I was a teenager, because my mom had a stroke
and didn't recover. But that was just the tip of the iceberg.
I was born with osteogenesis imperfecta which led to 13 fractures of
my extremities and collarbone and a hole in my skull. basically as a
child I was on crutches or in the wheelchair once a year.
this also meant, that I sucked at sports in general, because I was lacking
muscles and also because OI is affecting your connective tissue which
means your muscles and ligament.
the other kids usually didn't understand my situation, so they decided it's
best to make fun of me. but then it got worse. my mom had her stroke and
it was the exact moment when I switched school and my new 'mates'
knew even less of me. my dad didn't take over moms part so we often went
to school in dirty and worn down clothes. it was that bad, that my teachers
started to ask questions and eventually called my dad several times. he
just told about the poor condition of my mom and to be fair it was a bad situation
for him as well.
so eventually a group of 4 kids started bullying me really bad. like physical attacks every break.
I still had some good friends and we started doing drugs and alcohol with 14, that
probably saved me for a while. but every time I came home from school and I faced the
kitchen (I had to cook and do groceries for my family) I ended up crying in my bed.
I grew up fighting every single day and I didn't give up until it was over, when I was 18 and moved out.

One thing I still don't understand about suicide. the moment you lost all, is the moment of your ultimate freedom. you can literally do anything without having to fear the consequences. you just have to let go your standards. Wanna kick your boss in the balls? do it. Wanna grab those titties? do it. Wanna pack your stuff and move to south africa to open a surf shop? nobody holds you back. How can you still think about killing yourself?
>>
>>781666
Because if I kick my boos I'll never find a job and might as well kill myself. If I grab my crush's tits I might as well kill myself. If I go to South Africa I might as well kill myself.

I joined the army to an hero, but that hasn't happened yet.
>>
>>781746
you don't need a job when you are dead.
you obviously don't want to do any of the stuff, but there's surely something you always wanted to try out and didn't yet.

you wouldn't uninstall a game before you are done with it. at least do the stuff you wanted to.
>>
>>780567
Most modern armed forces use inflatable insulated pads and issue a patch kit. I've owned several and after at least a thousand days of use haven't had a problem. Even when deflated they still provide some thermal insulation.

Also, lay off the preachy stuff. This isn't a flaw in OP's character, it's a brain chemistry issue. Being outdoors and getting regular physical activity will actually stabilize emotional distress, it's one of the reasons Outward Bound and other programs for at-risk youth are so successful.
>>
>>781666
>One thing I still don't understand about suicide. the moment you lost all, is the moment of your ultimate freedom.

lolno, it doesn't work like that.
It's to end pain and suffering. That's the only freedom but you won't readily experience it.
>>781778
>This isn't a flaw in OP's character, it's a brain chemistry issue.

Winrar, this anon gets it. And interesting tidbit about outward bound
>>
>>781666
>One thing I still don't understand about suicide. the moment you lost all, is the moment of your ultimate freedom. you can literally do anything without having to fear the consequences

Stop this meme. The 'if ya gonna die anyway then yolo bruh' shit is beyond retarded.

Someone with zero motivation who wants to escape probably years and years of suffering is never ever going to go do crazy shit while in that mindset.
There is no freedom as there's simply no way a legitimately suicidal person can get themselves to go and experience things. It's not an option.
>>
>>780567
Easily get pierced? Maybe if you're a mong king and set up on a bed of sharp rocks you'll have a problem but most soldiers aren't Counts of Chromosomes so it's a non-issue.
>>
>>781666
t. someone who wasnt actually suicidal

it doesn't work like that m8
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.