[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best parks to go /out/ in Texas? My buddies and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: GARNER-SP_3950_HDR.jpg (231 KB, 1760x796) Image search: [Google]
GARNER-SP_3950_HDR.jpg
231 KB, 1760x796
What are the best parks to go /out/ in Texas?

My buddies and I want to do a graduation camping trip but were not sure where to go.

>pic extremely related
>>
File: 6338558494_de647a239b_b.jpg (288 KB, 1024x652) Image search: [Google]
6338558494_de647a239b_b.jpg
288 KB, 1024x652
where in tx are you? how far are you willng to drive?

if you can make it to nm i suggest you go there.
>pic extremely related
>>
>>773224
we live in central Texas, and while we are willing to drive we wanted to keep like a Texas kind of vibe going. but thanks anyways man

>pic extremely related
>>
>>773226
>Texas kind of vibe

heh, when i lived there that meant loading up in my buddies k5 blazer with some metallica and a shitload of miller and jack and going mudding where they clear cut the swamps around houston for building tracts.

good times, good times...

but for proper /out/ you're probably screwed. sorry.
>>
File: texas.jpg (769 KB, 698x735) Image search: [Google]
texas.jpg
769 KB, 698x735
Garner State Park
Krause Springs
Enchanted Rock State Natural Area
Colorado Bend State Park
Lost Maples State Natural Area
Padre Island National Seashore
Big Bend National Park

Coloardo bend is probably my favorite. You can canoe up and down the river and see a bunch of waterfalls and there's an awesome spring/swimming hole there too. Gorman Falls is amazing too.

My suggestion is to do a graduation road trip and hit a bunch of places.
>>
>>773420
Also, at E Rock, on the western side of the rock near the campsites, there are a bunch of places to go bouldering and it's a lot of fun scrambling up between the boulders and jumping from rock to rock like a mountain goat.
>>
>>773420
>>773425
sounds cool, I'll be sure to bring them up
>>
Mineral wells state park is pretty cool. The town of mineral wells is a shit hole but the park is beautiful
>>
>>773420
didnt another kid die out at big bend this last month ?
>>
>>773221
>graduation camping trip
ie last time the frat boys get to butt blast each other until our reunion.
>>
Not from Texas, but Guadalupe Mountains is a great park to spend a few days in. It's close to a lot of neat stuff in New Mexico and a shortish drive from Big Bend too.
>>
>>773420
Colorado Bend is a good one. Nice spring, good fishing, good hiking. Only thing I don't like is that there's usually quite a few people camping there and some of them are fucking wierd but, I guess that's how it goes.
>>
File: Monahans_Sandhills_at_Sunrise.jpg (988 KB, 2048x1360) Image search: [Google]
Monahans_Sandhills_at_Sunrise.jpg
988 KB, 2048x1360
>>773221
Monahans Sandhills near Odessa is dope af. Camped there for 3 days last year. Rather surreal. Like being on Tatooine and shit. It's fun to sled down the dunes
>>
File: hog_wallow_area.jpg (135 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
hog_wallow_area.jpg
135 KB, 1024x768
>>774588
Would also recommend Caddo Lake near the Louisiana border. When I went it had been raining hard for a few weeks and the swamp was super high.
>>
>>774588
Monahans is awesome. We spent a night staring up at the stars and just slept right on the sand.
>>
Caddo Lake and Enchanted Rock are both fun state parks that I can attest to seriously enjoying.
>>dat awesome boulder
>>dat creepy, amazing swamp
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.