[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Firewatch: The most /out video game ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: FWY_2560x1440.jpg (939 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
FWY_2560x1440.jpg
939 KB, 2560x1440
This game will drop you into the Wyoming wilderness, this game made me feel more alone than hiking on the PCT in winter.
>So if anyone has played what are your thoughts?
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>770681
>Green texting
You're doing it wrong
>>
What a fucking shit thread
>>
Try The Flame in the Flood
>>
>>770700
>>770692
>>770685

Only a shit thread because you 3 faggots just had to make it that way. What do you do with your life other than shitpost?
>>
>>770734
Fag
>>
The Long Dark was amazing until they ruined it with their latest update.
>>
>>770766
What did they do?

Long Dark was my jam.
>>
I loved Firewatch, played it 3 times.
>Bucket and Turt Reynolds ftw
>>
File: The Long Dark.jpg (449 KB, 1300x2012) Image search: [Google]
The Long Dark.jpg
449 KB, 1300x2012
>>770766
What ruined it?
>>
>>770734
We go /out/ on weekends whilst you play vdya and stuff your face with shitoz you fat fuck.
>>
>>770773
>>770798
Personally I dislike how they changed it from being a beautiful walking simulator to an action game - more wolves and more combat. The item system's gotten too complicated as well.

Mainly though the UI is just awful now, maybe it's meant to be played on console but I hate everything about it.
>>
>>770804

only weekends? projecting much?

sorry you have such a shitty life pleb
>>
>>770681
it's on my to play list
looks amazing and has tons of positive reviews
can't wait!

honestly seems like a pretty comfy job to have.
>>
>>770804
I posted this on a Wednesday night you fucking moron so explain how this 3 hour game has consumed my weekend...
>>
>>770886
OP is actually right for once, beautiful simplicity in this game and the occupation it portrays.
>>
>>770836
I usually just play on Pilgrimage, because 2 packs of wolves hunting you down is ridiculously stupid.

Waiting for Story Mode at this point.
>>
File: 1455082587446.jpg (75 KB, 363x651) Image search: [Google]
1455082587446.jpg
75 KB, 363x651
>>770681
>>770734
>>770795
>>770911

As a game it's shit, a so called "walking-simulator" if you will. I won't spoil the plot but I will give you a quick rundown. There is no "gameplay" the entire game is walking from point A to point B in a fairly small map that fools you into thinking it is an open area and looking at objects. The story follows you, the protag who takes the ranger job to get away from his loving wife who has contracted alzheimer's disease and has almost completely forgotten everything (which all plays out in a VN/CYOA style before the actual game begins, including giving you false choices that literally don't matter and are never brought up again) Then the game starts. you are introduced to your only companion, a fellow woman ranger who is only reachable over radio and works at the next tower over. The story is interesting for the first hour-ish (I beat the game in one sitting, I explored everything and it took about 3 hours) then the plot becomes retarded. There are so many holes to the plot, only 1 choice in the entire game matters. all the characters are retards. They also introduce a camera mechanic that you would logically think is used in the plot (It's not) that makes a hilarious unintended effect on the credits. All in all I wish I didn't even waste the time pirating it.
>>
Stop using video games as a surrogate for actually going outdoors. I can understand if you're a paraplegic or have some other ailment that keeps you from hiking, but seriously, don't let virtuality continue to swallow up every remnant of uncommodified life. Firewatch is gorgeous, but is nothing compared to actually partaking in the purpose of this board: actually going into the wilderness.
>>
>>770681
Welcome to 4chan, Reddit.
>>
>>772354
>this game made me feel more alone than hiking the pct during winter.

Op probably never stepped foot outside his house, right
>>
>>770734

Fuck off to your veddit containment board
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.