[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good hiking boot recommendations? I'm looking at th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: 258143_1000_45_grande[1].jpg (53 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
258143_1000_45_grande[1].jpg
53 KB, 600x600
Any good hiking boot recommendations? I'm looking at these:

http://www.shoeme.ca/products/timberland-mens-flume-mid-waterproof-tb018128242-dark-brown
>>
>>769374
They look good for the money. Better than the ones with 10% discount on that site, because of the number of seams
>>
>>769374
Salomon boots are fucking fantastic.
>>
>>769374
my only thoughts about what you posted is, they cannot be re-soled. or at least not very easily/cheaply.

>>771917
>salomon boots
googled, went to hiking. looks like really expensive pair of walking nikes, with taller necks. what makes them so great, I was pretty enthusiastic to hear of a brand on /out/ that I haven't heard of, plus you said, FUCKING FANTASTIC. but then I was so let down anon.
>>
>>771922
>they cannot be re-soled. or at least not very easily/cheaply.
You are a 100% wrong. All that plastic sole goes out in a minute. If I could get resoled a pair of ASOLO's, I know I can get new soles in whatever shoes I want to.
>>
>>771922
>muh stitched sole meme
If you bring me a welted sole to repair I'm literally going to grind the fucker off and glue a new one on.
>>
>>769374
The best hiking boots are the ones that fit your feet the best, everything else is secondary, so you really have to try some on and see.
>>
>>769374
these mountaineering style boots are no where near as comfy as a pair of Merrrel Moabs.
Your feet want comfort, support, lightweight, breathable and maybe waterproof.
Mountaineering style boots like OP pic are like wearing a leather condom wrapped in a cast iron stove. I have owned boots like that. wore them for years. thought i had the best thing ever until i actually tried some actually decent boots like Merrell Moabs.
>>
>>772203
>Your feet want comfort, support, lightweight, breathable and maybe waterproof.
How about you stop acting like a faget, man the fuck up, stop skipping legs day and use a pair of proper boots?

Shoes are supposed to protect you from the enviroment when you are out, and a good pair of boots, properly broken before going inna, can be very comfy.

Now if you are going to stay within designated and leveled trails, or camping sites, yeah, merrels will do the job.
>>
>>772258
>merrels will do the job.
For about 8 months, then they wear out.
>>
Just started to work at a garden centre after doing a couple of years in garden landscaping and maintenance, can anyone recommend me some new boots that are waterproof and comfy to be walking about all day instead of the damaged steel toes I've got at the moment?
>>
File: WBSM-W10518-100614-F15-045.jpg (86 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
WBSM-W10518-100614-F15-045.jpg
86 KB, 1200x1200
>>
File: 1443398603479.jpg (89 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1443398603479.jpg
89 KB, 1000x1000
>>772437
>>
>>769374
Redwings my nigga
>>
File: photo_2016-04-14_19-39-29.jpg (50 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-04-14_19-39-29.jpg
50 KB, 500x500
>>772479
seriously?
>>
Do you guys have any recommendations on some cheap (around £30-40) walking boots/shoes?

They will be used around once a week for around 8hrs walking in the woods.

Ive been looking at Karrimors but I thought best ask you guys.

ones i've been looking at: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Karrimor-Bodmin-Weathertite-Trekking-Hiking/dp/B00LIJ2938/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1463865841&sr=8-2&keywords=karrimor+boots
>>
>>772502
I'm not saying you should get these, but to look for boots that look like them, it will be easier to clean the mud and to maintain in general. Even cheap boots can last long if taken care off. Also they seem to fit your budget.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hi-Tec-Eurotrek-Waterproof-Hiking-Boots/dp/B000P9CEPU/ref=sr_1_25?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1463870366&sr=1-25
>>
File: Vasque.jpg (127 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Vasque.jpg
127 KB, 900x900
>>769374
Don't listen to any of these people OP, get Vasque Summit GTX's and never look back. I've worn mine daily for that fast 4 years(due to my occupation) and they're still holding up wile almost worn down to the bare sole. GET THESE OP
>>
>>772258
You confused, mis-guided, ill-informed and greatly lacking in experience
>>
>>772203
>Merrrel Moabs
>>772623

Don't they lack proper ankle support though that these other boots provide? Maybe I'm looking at the wrong models?
>>
>>772623
I'm not I'll fite u
>>
>>772627
>Don't they lack proper ankle support though that these other boots provide?
Yep, they're just running shoes with more aggressive tread, but the people who recommend them are either kids who haven't accumulated any sports injuries yet, or they stay on groomed trails with light packs, or most likely both, and they don't understand that what works for them in their terrain doesn't necessarily work for everyone else. I wear them as urban walking shoes but I don't like them for hiking. Even for easy day hikes you still get twigs and stuff in your shoes if you go off trail.

They do make high top versions that resemble boots, but I wouldn't get them unless you really need the ventilation, you don't care about waterproofness, and you don't mind replacing them every year. Otherwise properly fitted and broken-in leather boots are much better, and cheaper in the long run.
>>
I've had a pair of Keen Marshalls for a little over a year. They don't have much in the way of rigid support but they are the comfiest god damn things I have ever put on my feet. They breathe well and the water proofing is gud too. The soles are nice and sticky and work well for scrambling over rocks.
>>
>>773294
>breathe well
>good water-proofing
quite literally impossible. pick one
>>
>>769374
Keen
>>
>>773285
Thought so. To some people, a walk on a groomed trail through the woods is a 'hike'.
>>
>>773294
Get the Durands if you want good solid support.

Also for your marshalls look up hike lacing and see what works for you.
>>
File: resizeImage.jpg (39 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
resizeImage.jpg
39 KB, 550x550
These are what I use.

They don't come cheap but they're worth it.
>>
>>773840
Dunno, they are generally going for 80-100 gbp in the sales.
Used quests for the last 6 years and never had to pay more than 100 for a pair.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.