[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adirondacks, NY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: adks9.jpg (137 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
adks9.jpg
137 KB, 1000x667
>Larger area than Yosemite, Glacier, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon and Great Smokies national parks COMBINED.
>3000+ lakes
>30,000 miles of streams/rivers
>46% wilderness

Anyone been?
>>
>>768347
It's pretty beat up and the majority is privately owned, but good for an east coast state park
>>
>>768347
Went backpacking there a few years ago. It's beautiful but the trails are definitely in pretty rough shape. Otherwise it's highly recommended for east coasters.
>>
It looks fucking unreal on google earth, I guess I figured if it was so great you'd hear about it more.

As a denizen of the Pine Tree State, I pine for endless deciduous forest.
>>
>>768602
>pretty beat up
>trails in rough shape

Lol wtf do you want, a fucking red carpet?
>>
>>768696

>>768602 here. Just saying that some of the trails there could definitely use some maintenance. Have you actually been to the area or are you just being a dick?
>>
>>768696
Found the knee-jerk east coast apologist
>>
>>768696
beat up
logged, trapped, hunted, developed, abused etc
>>
>family had a nice secluded cabin out there
>sold it shortly after I was born
GOD
FUCKING
DAMMIT

>tfw pretty much all the cool and fun shit was sold shortly before or after I was born
>>
>>768347
I live down in Utica, so i go /out/ there just about every weekend. It's beautiful and all so close by.
>>
>>769331
>I live down in Utica, so i go /out/ there just about every weekend. It's beautiful and all so close by.

I lived in New Hartford for a year. Nice area actually. Where in the ADKs do you go?
>>
>>769208

Buy a new one

Reclaim your birthright
>>
used to climb mountains in the winter with my venturer troop. did about 16~ if I remember correctly? It was stunning.
>>
>>769479
I don't live in NY anymore. I left when the gun laws went full blown retarded.
>as if they weren't to begin with
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-18-19-16-06.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-18-19-16-06.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>769489
>>
>>769489
>>as if they weren't to begin with

Outside of NYC, and I believe the city of Rochester, they were pretty much the same as the rest of the US amirite?
>>
>>769554
Fuuuuuuck no.

mag limit
>Yes you could get "pre ban" mags but there was still a ban.

Two feature AWB. So you could only have two of the following on a semi-auto: fixed stock, pistol grip, detachable magazine, there may have been others but I've forgotten

Literally no NFA items allowed.

Handgun permits were absolutely retarded and the majority of the country doesn't require a permit to buy a handgun.

Pistol permits needed to own a blackpowder handgun. Yes you could technically own one as a wall piece but it's an jnstant felony if you have powder and shot.

There's probably more but I was a newfag to guns so I didn't experience it all
>>
>>768347
>>Larger area than Yosemite, Glacier, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon and Great Smokies national parks COMBINED

Bigger does not always mean better....especially in this case.
>>
>>769586

valid points, I forgot about all that shit.
>>
>>768347
>late april, exams done
>decide to do a daytrip to the 'dacks
>leave at 5:30 am, arrive at 9
>wearing shorts and a t shirt, think it will be okay
>the ranger is like what the fuck, no way you are doing algonquin peak dressed like that (its the second highest peak)
>makes us rent cramp ons, tells us not go to the top, its too cold and dangerous
>the bitch who gives us our crampons smirks at us
>just makes me want to do it more

>first time using crampons, shits actually fun as fuck (im from BC, i usually just hike in the summer)
>run into qt from Quebec and her friends, end up chillnig with them for entire hike
>get to top, it's not even fucking cold at all
>finish hike in 9 hours, slowed down by other people but whatever, more entertaining
>get home at 11:30

americans, get your shit together
>>
>>769839
My overall thoughts about it are as follows:

The views are okay, nothing spectacular, but I'm used to seeing large bodies of water and the city (Vancouver is amazing, come at me)
There are an endless amount of trails/hikes to do, but the landscape seems pretty static so you aren't getting a ton of variety, so it doesn't seem worth it to do most of the 26 mountains. That said, it's a huge range so I'm sure it changes as you get farther away. I would definitely recommend it if you don't live too far away, but it's nothing spectacular.
>>
>>769439
Ive been just about everywhere but the high peaks. Cranberry lake is easy to hike but its the most beautiful place I've been.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.