[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /out/ I'm looking for a fixed blade sheath knife with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: case cutlery.jpg (9 KB, 176x320) Image search: [Google]
case cutlery.jpg
9 KB, 176x320
Hey /out/ I'm looking for a fixed blade sheath knife with a leather wrapped handle like pic related for EDC. Only problem is my state only allows the legal carry of a knife with a blade length of 3" or less. I cant find a knife like this with a blade that size online or in any local stores. Can anyone help a fellow /out/doorsman out and point me in the direction of a company that makes a decent fixed knife of this size?
>>
>>766889
Just move bro
>>
>>766894
although I appreciate the simplicity, its just not possible right now
>>
>>766895
Then break the law
>>
>>766889
http://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/36
>>
>>766889
I'm curious what 'state' this is anon, care to provide? I will do you the favor and look up and cite your state statues on the blade length subject.

fucknut cops and people in the state of Florida think there's a blade length law too. when there isn't. I have a little folded piece of paper that I keep updated in my wallet, for the knife length law in Florida.. funny enough, in Florida keeping a knife concealed in your pocket, is more illegal, then walking around with a machete or sword at your side. funny how such things work.
>>
File: OKC499.jpg (4 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
OKC499.jpg
4 MB, 4608x3456
>>766889
Here's a guide.
1. Move to a better state
2. OKC 499
>>
>>766889
Brusletto has a few knives that fit this production. Other nordic knife companies will also have knives like that.
>>
>>766889
Look through the website for silver stag knives. They have those wrap-arond sheaths as standard, lots of different styles too, but you'd better like stag handles
>>
>>766889
Go to an antique shop.
>>
>>767010
>funny enough, in Florida keeping a knife concealed in your pocket, is more illegal, then walking around with a machete or sword at your side. funny how such things work.
Funny indeed, here in Sweden if you have a knife and the police see it they just tell you to put it away out of sight so you don't scare the sheeple.
That is if you aren't causing any trouble or acting aggressive, then things will take a turn for the worse.
>>
1. Buy a knife you like.
2. Break off the tip of the blade in order to get it to the legal length.
3. Re-sharpen the tip of the blade.
>>
>>766889
A buddy of mine has a little pig sticker, and the sheath was designed to hook onto a belt buckle. He uses the hell out of it. IIRC, he got it at Sportsman's Wearhouse or Dick's or some shit.
>>
>>766889
No idea if it's any good or not, but here you go:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/hunting/knives-tools/fixed-blade-knives|/pc/104791680/c/104740380/sc/104330880/esee-174-izula-reg-ii-fixed-blade-knife/2000336.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Ffixed-blade-knives%2F_%2FN-1100158%2FNe-1227%2FNo-48%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104330880%3FWTz_srn%3DBy%252BType%26WTz_st%3DGuidedNav%26WTz_stype%3DGNU

The blade is under 3" and it's fixed blade.

Or you can just go through all of Cabela's fixed blade knives to see is there is something better.
>>
>>766889
Buy that Ka-Bar and grind it down to 3 inches on a linisher like this anon said >>767598

Or buy any 3 inch neck knife and wrap the handle with leather yourself.
>>
>>766889
http://www.amazon.com/Kellam-Knives-Pocket-Wrapped-Handles/dp/B004GET6WE
This my edc, it's really nice.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.