[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Naked and Afraid - Ontario, CA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: NA-Canada-1.jpg (37 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
NA-Canada-1.jpg
37 KB, 500x300
Tough environment that is similar to the home environment for most of us. Anyone watch this episode? It was interesting, also on right now.
>>
>>766587
Do they attempt reproduction?
>>
This show sucks
>>
File: 1399611537941.jpg (311 KB, 1280x1184) Image search: [Google]
1399611537941.jpg
311 KB, 1280x1184
>>766587
I know her. She works on the upper floor of my building at the University of Hawaii. Cassie.

She said the guy was a massive faggot nearly the entire time. I mean...the guy brought fucking 550 cord to a damp environment because he was going to be master bushcraft guy and start a fire right away. Well, they didn't get fire until day 8.

Know why the didn't snuggle at night? The dude got married shortly before the episode was filmed and his new wife forbid him with any bodily contact. Know why she had a skirt half way into the show? His wife told him to make it for her before the show so he wouldn't have to look at a pussy that he wasn't married to.

So day 8 comes up and they mysteriously find a block of cedar plank (in the middle of nowhere). Then all of a sudden they could get a fire going. The producers planted a block of cedar so fag lord could bow a fucking fire.

She still has mosquito and frost bite scaring even though this was filmed in June of 2015.
>>
>mfw i thought "ca" was california

http://www.ontarioca.gov/
>>
>>766606
So she's still upset because he didn't fug her?
>>
>>766587
Just in time for black fly and mosquito season? I know how bad that shit can be and there's no way I'd do that naked.
>>
>>766590
with that size it would be difficult
elephants have a mobile penis for a reason.
>>
>>766610
Same.
About to laugh my ass off.
>>
Next they need to do Naked and Afraid: Oakland CA, that would truly be the ultimate survival challenge
>>
>>766636

Naked and Afraid: Detroit
>>
>>766610
Fuck, now it makes sense. I was really confused where they would set up a survival situation in Ontario, California.

And this isn't typical American ignorance, but rather how irrelevant Canada really is. We love our neighbors to the north and all, but know your place. Some random mid-size Californian city is more impotant than an entire province in your "country".
>>
>>766606

For some reason I actually believe this. Thanks for sharing.

They paracord thing pissed me off too. It is by far the last of the "five Cs." And in the northwoods, combustion is always #1.
>>
>>766777
I'm not lying man. Every time conversation comes up about the show, she rolls her eyes and makes a comment about The Fire Starter and how his new wife put him on lock down even though they were hypothermic for half the time and could have snuggled to try and get some sleep. Or if I'm talking with other colleagues and the show comes up, we all actually get pretty irritated when we talk about that guy, because he totally blew it on so many levels.

Like I said, normally the staff is not allowed to interfere unless there is a medical emergency, so they just happened to wake up on day 8 to discover a dry piece of cedar in the shape of a board from a hardware store...out in the middle of fucking nowhere in a wet forrest- which was used to start the fire.
>>
>>766610
Same, I live near there so it was even better
>>
why didnt they try and get one of the beavers instead of spending so much time and energy on the chipmunk?
>>
>>766993
>why didnt they try and get one of the beavers instead of spending so much time and energy on the chipmunk?

another good question.. Really idiotic strategies.
>>
>>766816
>they just happened to wake up on day 8 to discover a dry piece of cedar in the shape of a board from a hardware store...out in the middle of fucking nowhere in a wet forrest- which was used to start the fire.

Why though? Why wasn't there any natural cedar out there? Seems like it would be a common tree species in that area.
>>
>>766606
probs fake but maybe real story...ask her how big his dick was
>>
>>766864
>looks out window
>see 2 naked people running down the street followed by 5 camera men
>turn on discovery channel
>see your car in driveway
>fuck yea im famous
>>
>>766636
>>766655
>they have about a dozen filmings
>none of them get finished because the camera equipment keeps getting stolen
>most of the footage is just naked white people getting laughed at

8/10 would watch
>>
>>767203
>Why wasn't there any natural cedar out there?
It's the fact that it was dry and cut that made it so useful/suspicious.
>>
>>766587
I saw this. I live in Alberta and have lived in Ontario. Ontario is like Alberta light. Watching them was a little cringe. The girl was actually a lot more together with stuff. The guy was a pretty typical American guy who thought he was the shit and got his ass handed to him.

But honestly, since this kind of environment is home for me I probably shouldn't judge. But man, hypothermia is the number 1 enemy out here. Bears and shit are not a big concern in reality.
>>
>>766606

And what the fuck did she do about making fire? Nothing, right?
>>
>>768309
>And what the fuck did she do about making fire? Nothing, right?

True but the real issue is he had the option of bringing a combustion/fire starting implement but chose not to and brought fucking paracord. Totally retarded. I think she brought a cutting tool.
>>
>>767950
>Bears and shit are not a big concern in reality.
i would be fucking concerned about moose tho.
bears are okay but those fucking insane niggers could kill you for no reason.
>>
>>767392
well you spend money on a show you try to finish it or make something out of it.
i have seen many such suspicious meddling in survival shows.
i call it the "goat effect" after ed staffords goat that he found conveniently tied up to some tree. same when in the middle of bumfuck nowhere in a swamp they found a pan when they had to somehow make the swamp water potable or tap out.
>>
>>766606

>June
>frostbite

Did I miss something?

Also, this show has to be the stupidest show I have ever seen.
>>
>>768578
You clearly haven't been watching Ontarios weather patterns as of late. They're fuuuucked. I can only imagine worse shit happens up north.
>>
>>768758

I live in northern lower Michigan, but we were baling hay in may last year, there is no way they got frostbite in June

This year has been cold as fuck though.
>>
>naked in Ontario
Just ticking blackfly my shit up, senpai
>>
>>766610
Oh shit there's a city in California called Ontario? That's nuts.

>>766610
>>766749

Canada kinda sucks. Everything is centralized around Toronto, Ottowa, Montreal (that area) and Vancouver. Like that's where most people live. Everything else is almost like a cancer, just drainng and robing the host of resources. 90% of the population lives within 100km from the border.

The nature is nice I'm still proud to live here. My province doesn't even break a million people. People here are somewhat backwards oldschool, they're all old, and they all have cancer. I still wouldn't trade it though. I know I'm going to have to get out of this place to find work; I'm really wanting to move to the states (west coast probably) to find work after my degree (paid in american dollars yes please) but I know how much I'm going to miss home. The scenery, the nature here is just beautiful.

I can't believe people haven't seen an ocean... It's just always been natural to me.
>>
>>769260

y-y-y-your so special O_O
>>
>>766749
>this isn't typical American ignorance

Except it literally is. Your evidence was entirely subjective to your experience as a US citizen.

/bait taken
>>
File: rekt.gif (923 KB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
rekt.gif
923 KB, 360x202
>>769828
you tell him
>>
>>
>>766749
How is it not typical american ignorance ?
The only thing that comes to my mind when i hear or read Ontario is Canada
>>
they must take butts into account when picking contestants, some of these women have real good bunda going
>>
>>766587
>ONtario
as a Ontario native
are they fucking serious? wew lad sure is hard to survive here. I've been all the wya to James bay, it's gorgeous and plentiful with resources. Not exactly a hard place to survive
>>
>>766610

"stay away from Pomona and you're good"
>>
>>766610
Should do a naked and afraid san bernagetto
>>
>>768325
>he had the option of bringing a combustion/fire starting implement but chose not to
She had the option to bring one as well faggot, she still didn't get a fire going.
>>
>>771189
i want to see their faces one time when both bring a firestarter no pot no knife just two shitty firestarter.
>>
>>768578
This is entirely possible. Late at night it can get really cold, even in the middle of summer. Without any sort of clothing or shelter you would be really suffering.
>>
>>771189
If you know you're going to be put into a survival situation, why not learn how to make fire with found materials (in addition to bringing flint & steel or some other fire starting tool). They may be limited in how many tools they can take, but they can take as much knowledge as they want. I don't understand why they wouldn't know how to make a simple spindle & fireboard setup.
>>
>>771750
it requires dried wood anon, when everything is wet friction fire is not happening. the paki dude in alone was lucky it was good weather he had clothes and tools and everything and he still suffered for a week till he got friction fire.

they needed that fire on day 1 it's insane how hard it is and every area has different materials you can use. i always despised faggots who brought bowdrills and stuff like that they underestimate the difficulty of survival and introduce unnecessary risk. you need to bring the most effective tools you can. for me tho that would be a storm lighter. gets the first fire going even if the wood is wet and then you can dry wood at the fire and keep the ember alive.

my guess is a lighter can start 2-3 fires if necessary even in bad conditions. even ferro rods altho last longer can't be used when everything is extremely damp.
>>
>>770532
>american ignorance

Literally the only people in america that think of california when they hear ontario are fucking people that live in california.

Protip: Nobody outside of california likes anyone from california.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.