[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/out/ drinks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1431040444730.gif (879 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1431040444730.gif
879 KB, 500x400
What do you guys drink when you are /out/? I'm going camping with a girl I like and I was thinking of getting wine or something to drink with her. Do you guys have any recommendations on what should I get? Is wine okay?
>>
I Like to drink Herb liquors Like Jagermeister or a good Scotch when /Out/
>>
I drink when I'm stuck /in/ out of boredom. If I was going to drink /out/ I would drink whiskey because it's less to carry for the same buzz.

Wine is fine, girls like wine, maybe get something like this so you don't have to carry the empty bottle around
http://www.mec.ca/product/5018-679/platypus-platypreserve-wine-preservation-system/
>>
>>766192
Pastis

It's not heavy to hike in since it's 40° and you're supposed to mix it jsut with cold water, which makes it hazy. Not everybody likes the taste though, i personally love it.
>>
Box/bag wine ftw. You have 2.5 bottles worth (or drink some beforehand) and don't need a cork screw! A bottle is ok if you're car camping, but don't forget that damn cork screw! I've done that more than once... Wine is a great /out/ drink, even to sip along the trail: doesn't have to be cold, stronger than beer/not a strong as liquor, and tastes nice.
>>
Can't go wrong drinking your own piss.
>>
>>766301
Came to say this. Glass is heavy.

Whiskey in a Camelbak is also acceptable.

>>766388
Dubs confirms. Booze makes you piss a lot and also dehydrated you. Only one way to solve this.
>>
>>766299
Is it kind of like turkish Rakı? Cause I love that shit, but it's expensive to get in the US. Is pastis easy to find here?
>>
File: 256-2-1410381966.jpg (26 KB, 750x770) Image search: [Google]
256-2-1410381966.jpg
26 KB, 750x770
>>766301
Why would you be /out/ without
>pic related
?
>>
>>766388
OP this is the only way to impress your girlfriend, she will see how seriously you take survival and realize what a man you are.
>>
I drink Scotch when I'm alone, Fireball when I'm with the GF. Or coffee brandy is nice mixed with nescafe and powdered milk. Wine is a nice outdoor drink but liquor has a better booze-to-weight ratio.
>>
any decent wine will be diminshed tramping around outdoors. you also need decent glassware... easier to stick to small amounts of spirits really
>>
>>766459
Yes kinda, both have anise in it, only pastis is a bit sweeter and has less of a wodka taste to it. I don't know i'm from Belgium, I think Ricard is the most known brand...
>>
I usually just bring half a pint of everclear.

Tastes like shit.
Burns my throat.
Gets me drunk easily.
>>
>>766192
I normally drink scotch whiskey after a successful hunt
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.