[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have AT in a few weeks and was thinking about waterproofing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Pic-03122016-003.jpg (108 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Pic-03122016-003.jpg
108 KB, 1280x960
I have AT in a few weeks and was thinking about waterproofing my notes with clear duck tape.We'll be out in the woods and I want to keep some stuff free of water, sweat and dirt and figured wrapping them in tape would do. Is this a good idea?
>>
packing tape>clear duct tape

it's thinner, clearer, glossier, smoother, no strings, doesn't smoosh/fray at the edges...

that's how i laminate my notes for mountaineering trips.
>>
>>765339
Why not just go to Kinkos or something? Shouldn't cost more than a few bucks.

Otherwise packing tape.
>>
>>765355
>kinkos

in my experience under heavy use proper laminate separates. though it has the advantage of not having seams that can let a little water in sometimes.
>>
>>765339

I've got sumthin for ya, OP. It's a pro-tip I remember from year 9 science.

Get some styrofoam packing peanuts and nail-polish remover. Pour the remover over the styrofoam and it will 'melt' it into a liquid. Use a brush to coat your notes with the liquid and they will become waterproof, but you will still be able to write on it, like the write in the rain notebooks.

No, this is not a mustard gas troll type thing, if you don't believe me you can test it in your backyard with small amounts.
>>
>>766203
>this is not a mustard gas troll type thing
It kind of sounds like it though. Melting styrofoam is pretty turning it Napalm which is highly flammable. But I trust you anon since /out/ is a pretty decent board
>>
Buy some "Rite-in-the-Rain" Notebooks. They're waterproof and nasty proof.
t. Semper Fi.
>>
>>766213
Those look good, but I have old notes I always take that were written on non water proof paper. I suppose I could just copy them over to a waterproof one, but that would take as long as laminating them I suppose.
>>
>>765339
I've got a laminator, how many sheets are we talking?
>>
>>766212

If you google it there are heaps of videos on youtube that demonstrate it. I don't think any of them make the connection with waterproofing paper, but at least you'll see it's not a troll.
>>
>>765339

What's AT?
>>
>>766203
Or use silicone sealant and mineral spirits.
>>
>>766212
That's if you use gasoline, the foam is just to make it sticky. I tried melting foam peanuts in acetone for the lulz once when we got a shipment at the lab, they dissolve then you get a thin sheet of plastic when the acetone evaporates.
>>
>>766271

Ass Tasting
>>
>>766271

Anal Tribulations
>>
>>766254
K, nevermind.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.