[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In my local area I just have state parks that are simply for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_3387 sign.jpg (181 KB, 1000x654) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3387 sign.jpg
181 KB, 1000x654
In my local area I just have state parks that are simply for trails and daytime use.

While I understand it's probably agasint the rules, how do I get away with an overnight camp, obviously off trail and how do I park there overnight without a cop or ranger passing by and clearly knowing a dudes camping somewhere in the park?
I'd assume they could simply give a ticket on the car.
>>
>>765210
Try looking for a national preserve or forest. They are typically your best bet for backwoods camping.
>>
>>765210
You sure you can't camp there? Park closed maybe means that you can't get in past sunset, but it doesn't says you can not camp there.
>>
>>765210
Do you like hiking/camping with full gear (yet know how to pack light, what you need/don't need) and consider 10 miles per day to be amateur stuff?

If so, a whole lot of wild areas become accessible that otherwise are very hard to get to.

If you have friends who will keep their mouths shut, get them to drop you off at a start location and have a time and place for them to pick you up later.

Carry something that makes you sweat if you stood still in the cold with it on.

Carry something that chops, like a hatchet. Bring warm clothes so that you don't need the fire going constantly.

Depending on how unsafe the area is you can go armed (can get you in to deep shit too though, so use your discretion. Learn to deescalate situations verbally.)

Carry strong liquor like Bacardi 151 if you want to get drunk (151 is almost twice the strength of 80 proof, that means it takes up less space and f's you up quick.) Don't be stupid about getting drunk, especially if you brought a pistol/sharp object.
>>
>>765245
that's sort of my question, i dont see it listed on the site anywhere that camping isnt allowed but my thought was no campgrounds = they dont want you camping

but then i could say no campgrounds = you can camp anywhere
>>
>>765255
This is solid advice.
>>
>>765268
You could just ask the park staff.
>>
>>765210
Lots of state parks ONLY allow camping in designated camp areas or numbered camp spots. I've stealth camped in a couple by hiking into a trail right at dark for a mile or so and just throwing my sleeping bag on the ground in the woods. Wake up when it first starts getting light and hike out.

If you're caught then they'll probably issue you a ticket or if you're lucky they'll just reprimand you and tell you not to do it again. I wouldn't recommend it unless it was absolutely necessary. The only reason I've done it was when the park required a tent to camp at a designated campsite, which I didn't carry on my motorcycle.
>>
File: 0.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
well this took less than 5 minutes to find

>http://www.somersetcountyparks.org/genInfo/rulesRegul/ParkRules.html
>d. Camping: Camping is permitted only at designated sites provided for such usage and within the occupancy limit approved for each site. A Permit is required for usage of camp sites. Any non-campers visiting campers must leave the Park by the time of Park closing.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.