[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>4th day /out/ >boss man wants me to go up on scaffolding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: 0a8.jpg (57 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
0a8.jpg
57 KB, 722x349
>4th day /out/
>boss man wants me to go up on scaffolding and scrape
>2 stories up, no protective railings on either side, thin as shit scaffolding
After going up and taking a few steps to either side I came down and told him it wasn't safe. Should I just quit tomorrow? Am I not cut /out/ for this?
>>
>>763965
Are you the same pussy that was bitching about shit being too heavy?
>>
>>763983
yes that was me. I manned up and lifted a lot of heavy ass shit, but now...this...

This is far worse.
>>
>>763983
dont
>>763965
just in case you werent absolutely certain of whether or not i was, im saging and hiding
>>
>>763987
before i do hide. your employers are probably testing you. if you go around being unsafe and not asking them how things work, youll probably get fired. they dont need you being a fucking liability
>>
>>763988
He goes up and does his thing without any safety bars. Well, there goes another job into the "not cut /out/" pile.
>>
Are you fucking serious?

Your first thread didn't work out to your satisfaction, so you just post it again?

Either fuck off and quit the job or man up and don't. Welcome to life, it's full of decisions and problems.
>>
>>764029
is scaffolding without safety's even legal? I didnt even sign any waivers when i joined his crew
>>
>>764030
Dude fuck off
>>
>>764031
what the hell, kid. Are you some dumbass that goes 2, 3, 4 stories up without any protection on either side on a 2 foot wide plank? Do you not care about your life at all?

Or is this part of /out/ "culture"?
>>
>>764035
Quit your job if you don't like it. Leave it to Pablo you cupcake.
>>
>>764038
Thats your reply? Risk my life all day everyday for what? /out/ cred?
>>
>>764040
I never told you to do it. Idiot.
>>
I've been up 4 and 5 decks high on scaffolding multiple times. I've never seen anyone use any sort of safety equipment around here, the top deck and any deck we're working from will get 2 2x12 planks on them, most others just get 1 plank. I'm moderately afraid of heights and really hate scaffolding due to the way it moves and sways and those fucking planks bending and bouncing under your feet as you move around, it's terrible. Luckily I never had to work on it for more than a week at a time and maybe 5-6 times a year.

OP either needs to suck it up and just deal with it or go find another job. Manual labor sucks some days, that's the nature of the beast.
>>
>>764049
>forgot video link
FUCK!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCYZZPwJr_c
>>
>>764059
this is what it feels like, friend. Me, some skinny know nothing weakling forced into uncomfortable heights without safety. I'll be paralyzed soon.
>>
>>764070
Good.
>>
>>763965
You're not cut to it, plain simple sp better quit before you hurt yourself.
>>
>>763965
Second story isn't high up at all but if you go higher you should have protective railings for sure, look up OSHA's regulations on scaffolding. Don't do something if you feel unsafe, talk to your union hall. Not in a union? Good luck
>>
>>763965
Jump off when you get to the top, you fucking worthless meatbag.

You are a part of this countries problem if you cant even do basic fucking work
>>
>>764079
anything over 4ft without a railing, and you need to be wearing a fall retention harness
>>
>>763965
Workers comp and disability are pretty dope. You should hang around until you get hurt and then get paid to sit on your ass at home and watch TV.

It's the American way!
>>
File: image.jpg (278 KB, 1200x1764) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
278 KB, 1200x1764
>>764035
>I bet he wears condoms
>>
>>764086
>You are a part of this countries problem if you cant even do basic fucking work
>being this unsafe
I love being in a crew, being /out/. But fuck these heights.
>>
>>764110
At the very least stop making threads. Please.
>>
>>764110
Working a job isn't /out/ unless you're a fucking park ranger.

I've been a roofer for three years and not fucking once have I used any fucking safety harness bullshit. Stop being a god damned pussy and do your fucking work.

Go get a job at McDonalds if you're gonna bitch about having to do actual work
>>
>>764113
>I've been a roofer for three years and not fucking once have I used any fucking safety harness bullshit
every brazilian/mexican crew ive seen uses safeties. Is this what /out/ has become? Some kind of ultra elite, dont give a fuck about their own lives?
>>
File: FUCK.webm (650 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.webm
650 KB, 640x360
>>764095
>he doesn't wear condoms while /out/
>>
>>764114
Not him but I've never seen or heard of people using safeties when roofing here in TX unless they're working on an absurdly steep pitched roof.
>>
>>764115
delete this
>>
>>764114
Literally only seen one crew in my life that were using harnesses and that was because the roof was steeper than 50 degrees
>>
>>764030
It isn't. Find a lawyer and haul the cunt in front of an employment standards tribunal so the system can make an example of him.
>>
>>764114
>Some kind of ultra elite, dont give a fuck about their own lives?

You're not gonna die from falling from two fucking stories. Jesus christ.

Stop being such a damn pansy and quit the job if you cant handle it. Not everyone is meant to do actual work. I hear your local fast food place is hiring.
>>
>>764118
Isn't the way they undulate mesmerizing though?
>>
>>764116
around here our mexicans dont want to fall off and become paralyized, they want to go home safe and sound. Most of them drink on the job and roof at the same time, they need all the safety they can get holmes
>>
>>764124
Bullshit
>>
>>764122
>You're not gonna die from falling from two fucking stories.
My neighbor across the street fell off a 2 story tall ladder and his back is permanently fucked up, Someone at my gym had his son fall off a ladder and he's now a quadriplegic at 24;
>>
>>764124
My fucking ass they do

>>764126
>here are some reasons why I'm too scared to do basic work

I don't give a shit if you don't want to do real mens work, just don't bitch about not wanting to.
>>
>>764040
>/out/ cred
Nobody here gives a fuck about you do or not.
>>
>>764128
>I don't give a shit if you don't want to do real mens work, just don't bitch about not wanting to.
the mexicans on my crew have a lower center of gravity since they're all 5'5. I'm 6'3, 170 lbs soaking wet.
>>
>>764146
Literally how does that matter.

You're getting pretty desperate with these excuses
>>
>>764122
Some guy on my WoW server (yeah I know.. I quit years ago) fell off his two story roof, broke his neck and died.
>>
>>764149
He probably just quit playing dude, no need to make up irrational stories trying to explain why he never logged back in.
>>
>>764152
His brother who also played told everyone and posted his obituary. A bunch of people from the server went to his funeral. A pretty elaborate ruse indeed.
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>764152
>the people who didn't deserve it dont get hurt meme
>>
File: CAM00063.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
CAM00063.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2560
First off, having a job is not "/out/". Everyone but the disabled is supposed to have a job.
Second,
>two stories of scaffolding
>having such low confidence in your balance that you need a railing
I've walked across 2x4s two stories up while carried buckets of mortar.
Look, legally you are supposed to have full fall protection, but in half the jobs out there safety regulations are essentially ignored. I can tell you're obviously a pussy, so quit this job and go work retail or in a restaurant. You're not cut out for manual labor and if you don't recognize that you will end up hurting yourself. You do have to be tough for these kinds of things, and everyone who has read this thread can tell you are not.
>>
>>763965
It's probably not worth risking your life for min wage.
>>
>>764122
I know a sprinklerfitter with 30 years in the trade that fell off a 6 foot ladder in just the wrong way and is now completely permanently paralyzed. Shit happens and though I definitely don't use the OSHA safety measures all the time, if you're in it for the long haul, it's better to minimize risks
>>
Safetyfag here, why didn't you tie off?
Safety is your responsibility fucker. If you can't do it safely then you are going to get fucked and fuck the people you work for. Make decisions and get shit done.
>>
File: HerrDoktor.jpg (18 KB, 304x228) Image search: [Google]
HerrDoktor.jpg
18 KB, 304x228
>>764161
and here we have a prime example of an useful slave idiot
>>
>>763965
>scraping paint
>/out/
You people are dumber than mucking fud.
>>
>>764126
>>764149
>>764198
All without any tangible shred of evidence.

>My dog performed fellatio on my neighbor, now my neighbor speaks with a lisp
See? I can make shit up, too.
>>
>>763965
you shouldn't be working that high without fall protection. you could be killed or permanently injured. It's about that simple. Unless you're Chinese or something and no one gives a fuck about consequences of actions. Health is more important than money.
>>
>>764442
wat, safety is the responsibility of the employer as well. if you look up fatal facts on OSHA 9/10 times the employer is cited for failure to properly train someone. the employer is also responsible for jobsite safety, although one should adhere to the rules.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.