[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Utah Camping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: e3f6fd6588.jpg (332 KB, 1260x670) Image search: [Google]
e3f6fd6588.jpg
332 KB, 1260x670
In the state for a couple weeks and plan to take advantage of the outdoors, nothing I hate more in camping than being a patch of dirt considered a site with families to my left and right. Any natives know some primitive spots I can head to for a couple nights, with a low likelihood of seeing any other people?
>>
File: image.jpg (275 KB, 1120x747) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
275 KB, 1120x747
>>763892
San Rafael Swell. Dirt roads in and out. Very remote. Beautiful red rock desert canyons. Miles and miles of hiking and biking trails.
>>
Thread bookmarked for interest. I pass through UT every now and again.
>>
I spent a little time in Utah over a few trips. My fave spot was Capitol Reef. There was no one there when I went (I think it was late March), but I'm sure you could find those figures.
>>
File: cr1.jpg (66 KB, 604x400) Image search: [Google]
cr1.jpg
66 KB, 604x400
>>764657
>>
File: cr3.jpg (91 KB, 491x604) Image search: [Google]
cr3.jpg
91 KB, 491x604
>>764660
>Catalog
>>
>>764662
>>
File: cr2.jpg (62 KB, 604x356) Image search: [Google]
cr2.jpg
62 KB, 604x356
>>764662
oops.
>>
You can go pretty much anywhere on BLM land in Southern Utah and be by yourself. Ther is BLM land everywhere. I almost never camp in the parks--I always escape to BLM land just outside the parks.
Examples: Needles District of Canyonlands: take the Lochart Basin County Road just outside the entrance. There is established camping about 1.5 miles in but I always stop short of there and pitch my tent at one of several open dispersed sights.

At Capitol Reef, there are several sites down Notom Road right at the east entrance to the park.Unfortunately, the county has labeled all these dirt roads, so they are not as secret as they once were. There are about 5 sites in the first two miles or so.

Bryce Canyon: I tak ethe road out into Johns Valley and there are lots of unmarked sites on both sides of the road.

If down on Cedar Mesa or the Hite Area, there are tons of potential sites along the dozens of dirt roads.
>>
Is there anywhere in northern Utah with fishing thats also fairly Isolated? I plan on going backpacking with some friends in a few weeks and want to show them how to fish and live innawoods for a bit.
I live in the valley next to Utah lake but don't know anywhere good in the woods.
>>
>>768024
Google maps bruh
>>
File: ETA (432).jpg (471 KB, 1037x692) Image search: [Google]
ETA (432).jpg
471 KB, 1037x692
>>763892
Jacob Hamblin National Recreation Area has some incredible spots. One of my favorite spots there is Coyote Gulch. You start out on flat desert that eventually turns into a canyon and there's about 6 amazing arches in that one canyon alone. Not a lot of people either, highly recommend it.

I took this while hiking it with friends.
>>
>>769729

Hmmm....Never knew that they declared that area a Nat'l Rec Area. Thanx for that info! Been meaning to for years, but I have never actually made it down Hole-in-The-Rock Road.
>>
>>769729

I was right...there is no such place as Jacob Hamlin National Recreation Area.
Jacob Hamlin Arch remains in the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.