[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Plant that kills fish?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Hey /out/. So a while back I was watching a bush craft video claiming that a certain plant could be found that when put in water kills fish and causes their bodies to float up. It's been a while and am not sure which video it was, (nor did I find it with a google search.)(Though I think it was an alfie aesthetics video). So I was wondering if anyone of you knew what the plant is. Thanks for the help

(Pic unrelated)
>>
Ur mum
>>
>>763817
Had a bad crap?
>>
this is something i was interested in as well, and ive seen that many different peoples from different parts of the world used different plants to the same effect. so i think its the properties of the plant that are important.

there is yucca, and some rainforest root. the commonality is the liquid from both create this dense, foggy, sudsy substance. so the effect might not be so much that there is a poison in the plant, but the properties displace properties of the water that make it uninhabitable for fish. perhaps making respiration impossible. i think if you follow that line of reasoning, youll find the properties necessary to fish with whatever is available that shares said properties
>>
>>763824
Thanks, is yucca in North America?
>>
File: Yucca_schidigera_17.jpg (1 MB, 2400x1800) Image search: [Google]
Yucca_schidigera_17.jpg
1 MB, 2400x1800
>>763828
Yeah, it's more of an arid / semi-arid plant but it's used as a landscape plant in a lot of places. I didn't know about its fish killing properties until this thread but it flowers early and makes excellent honey. I hate the fuckers though, they're spiny and hard to kill and really suck to mow or garden around.
>>
>>763816
There are lots of plants that do this. Just google it. It is also illegal in most places to actually do that.
>>
>>763816
Yes. It's called TNT.
>>
>>764153
this
also alfie sux.
nig be puttin out a video erry 56 months like he dont want his subscibers to be happy.
>>
>>763833
Yuccas?
Note to self: Don't dig a pond near my yucca patch
>>
>>764166

Honestly I'd rather have quality content than shitty fucking videos every 2 minutes. At least he's doing it cause he wants to, and not to shill.
>>
File: scotland-ragged-robin.jpg (407 KB, 677x507) Image search: [Google]
scotland-ragged-robin.jpg
407 KB, 677x507
Any plant that contains Saponin will do, but this website lists quite a few in all regions, http://www.primitiveways.com/fish_poison.html.
>>
>>763816

This is more usually done with a bag of lime, old river poaching technique. The problem is that it discolours the flesh of the fish.
>>
>>763816

I live in the southeastern US, and i have heard that the local native americans used to use black walnut nut hulls to harvest fish in this manner, something in the hull knocks the fish out or something like that
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.