[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>big packs Hey so I got a 60L pack but I feel like it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
>big packs

Hey so I got a 60L pack but I feel like it's not going to be big enough for my next trip so I'm just debating what I should go for. Dealing with some cold weather so gear blows up in size a lot.

My options
>85L pack
Thinking about just grabbing a pack in the 85L category - Should store all my gear without issue but I won't have any real redundancies or backups. Buddy has an old Dana Terraplane and there are a fuck ton of packs in this category. Considering a Tactical Tailor Rhino Ruck for dat 1000d nylon

>123L
Debating going full retard and getting the Mystery Ranch NICE 7500, since the bag is virtually indestructible. Way more space than I need, but it means I can bring a few extra creature comforts and have some spare clothes, you know the things that don't weight much but do take up space fast. MR Is pretty much the only guys making stuff once you creep past 100L

If anyone has some suggestions I'd be all for it. Price is no object, and I don't care about going ultralight bullshit as long is the pack is well made and has good weight transfer.
>>
>>762346
85l is MORE than enough for 4 season use.

123l is unncessarily big and you're just going to end up doing your back in with a 30kg pack
>>
>>762346
get one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAtzN_ScKXY
>>
>>762346
why do you want something so big?
>>
>>762346
get the 85L pack and get some compression bags for your clothes and other things that "take up space but don't weigh much". The 85 l pack itself will not only be lighter than the 123 l pack but also the center of mass will be closer to your back so it will be easier to carry.
>>
My pack is 80L and comfortably fits all my shit and 3 weeks of food. UK winter bag and cloths too.

123L is crazy big.
>>
Kelty Redcloud 110L Is fucking GOAT
also google "120L sea to summit dry bag", also GOAT.
>>
>>762346
Gregory and Bach also manufacture packs in that size. Now If you go 80l+ it means you intent to haul serious heavy gear over long distance, and in that case reviews mean shit.
Go innashop, try the packs with load, walk half a mile and see what fits you best or YOU GONNA SUFFER!
Also, external frame might be a good idea, but this highly depends on what you plan to do with it.

On a side note, I manage to fit my XXL winter gear and 2 weeks worth of food into my 88L Gregory Palisade. So you might want to state what your goals and needs are before you buy a 120L+ pack.
>>
>>762414
that's pretty neat
>>
>>762414
This is the best thing I've ever seen in my life
>>
>>762346
I wouldn't go above 80 to 85. 70 is probably plenty. If you have a bigger pack, you'll just end up filling it with crap you don't actually need and create an unnecessarily heavy load for yourself.
>>
File: sac-a-dos-thunder-70-exped.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
sac-a-dos-thunder-70-exped.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2000
>>762346
>Mystery Ranch NICE 7500

Weight: 9 lbs 11 oz (4.4 kg) (w/ NICE Frame)

HAHAHAHAH yeah go ahead and enjoy your mangled back in your older age. 4.4kg for an EMPTY rucksack hahahaha jesus that;s funny.

I'll stick with weight conscious manufacturers, I don't need a rucksack to ruck tacticool loadouts to war zones I need a bag that is functional to carry (relatively lightweight) camping gear.

Pic related is my next purchase, Exped Thunder 70
>>
>>763352
THIS. OP, ask yourself why you need(want) a "tactical" backpack. I 100% guarantee that backpacks from the likes of Osprey and Gregory are more than durable enough for your needs.
>>
>>762358
whipsnake.jpg
>>
>>763352
>heavy weight hurts your back meme
Learn to work out and not run like a tard
>>
>>763388
>internettoughguy.jpg
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-17-12-32-39.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-17-12-32-39.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>mfw I've used a 110L since I was 13 and it works perfectly and I make expand and condense the pack so it can hold 60L worth of gear just fine, but also 110L before I start strapping stuff to the outside of it
>mfw never, ever felt like it was too heavy even when fully packed
>mfw this thread

Guys how is this an issue I'm a whopping 155 pounds soakimg wet
>>
>>763410
It's not an issue but I guarantee OP doesn't need a tactical backpack or that much space.
>>
>>763461
Well it ain't about need. If he wants something tactical, that's up to him. The materials themselves would hold up longer than a UL Bag
>>
>>763483
Durability and not looking like a tourist that needs to be robbed are two very important things.
>>
>>763483
I'm not even talking UL. A decent Gregory backpack or whatever would easily be durable enough.
>>
>>763489
>needs to be robbed
Mehmet pls go
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 257x589) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 257x589
>>763489
>whoa hol'up Tyrone this nigga look like he special forces.
>>
>>763565
lmao
>>
>>763489
>this is what tacticool nerds actually believe

Pffthahahahaha
>>
>>763410
yea 155 lbs sounds right
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.