[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sc/out/ /fit/ness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
File: featured_post_03.jpg (361 KB, 1800x720) Image search: [Google]
featured_post_03.jpg
361 KB, 1800x720
Hey /out/,

What do you do to stay healthy and in shape? How do you eat?

I ask because I've gained a respectably gross beerbelly over the course of 3 years and couple with my other nasty habits, I've had some trouble going very far while out this year.

Any tips? fun ways to stay healthy while out?

/fit/ general.
>>
People will swear I have the worst diet they have ever witnessed but not many folks can match my endurance in the woods.

I eat high fat, high protein, multi vitamin and water. This has been my diet for years.

I go running and biking, pull ups and push ups and planks. I have always been a fan of putting weight into a backpack for any of these activities.

Unconventional I would imagine, I also workout in the woods. Climbing anything I can, lifting logs and boulders. Also, chopping wood is GOAT for exercise and is proven to raise testosterone more than playing in the NFL.

Hope this helps, it is a very cheap and very effective path to elite level fitness with the added benefit of not having bitch feet or bitch hands.
>>
>>761795
I run 5k every other day and on weekends I either go camping or walk and jog at least 15 kms within the city. I try to eat clean, and the days I don't run I do a routine that includes planks, shrugs, ohp, hip thrusts, squats (just body weight), bent over rows and curls. Now that I right it sounds like a lot but it literally takes me 30 minutes every day, except for the long walk on weekends of course.
>>
>>761795
Definitely ditch the beer except for social gatherings and such. Drinking your calories will never fail to put fat on you. Other than that, work on preparing low carb, high protein meals. My lunch is usually a mixed green salad with tuna or turkey burger along with some almonds and walnuts.
>>
>>761945
Fat is not bad. Having a spare tire is great for extra energy. If you can run 5 miles in 30 minutes, it shouldnt matter how fat you are.
>>
>>761949
Yeah but I'd rather have a nice flat stomach. Taller guys can also carry it better. Think Chris Pratt in his Parks and Rec days. That's still attractive to women.
>>
>>761957
True, I just doubt you will be able to maintain an optimal amount of energy without a high fat diet. Don't mean any insults that is just my opinion.
>>
>>761945

Are your almonds activated?
>>
>>761958
Oh for sure. Biologically it makes perfect sense. Just look at just about any indigenous tribes. They're strong as fuck and have a bit of extra belly fat for long days.
>>
>>761964
Kek. Don't forget the alkalized water.
>>
>>761970

Kekkles. And don't forget to do crossfit as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 552x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 552x475
S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y

in all seriousness though, I lift weights and try to run to keep up my cardio levels
>>
>>761795
Go on a diet and do some cardio and strength exercise.
>>
I work a pretty active manufacturing job, also do about 30 minutes of mixed compound lifts with my 40lbs dumbells erry day. My cardiovascular is week bit I can walk for days carrying weight.
>>
>>761811
>People will swear I have the worst diet
>I eat high fat, high protein, multi vitamin and water
you eat better then most people i know.
>>
High fat high proton is pretty good tbqh.
>>
File: todd doubles.png (207 KB, 374x335) Image search: [Google]
todd doubles.png
207 KB, 374x335
>>761795
I practice yoga, and lift weights. The weights help me get stronger. The yoga helps with strength too, keeps my body flexible and my mind healthy.

I eat as I need to, only things I've actually cooked myself from scratch.
>>
>>761795
Here is my gym routine.
Do a set of pull ups, max out, then go to assisted pull up, max out, add 15 pounds, Max out again, etc until your are barely lifting anything

Run three miles at a 6.5 to 7.0 Mph pace.

Now depending in what muscle group I want to work today I do that.

Pull up set again.

I do this about 6 times a week. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.
>>
>>768196
As for my meal plan, I don't really diet or shit. I just eat three meals a day, nothing ultra fatty, and nothing fried. It's that easy.
>>
>>761795
physical well being is done through healthy food and walking. beyond this shows that you either do it because
-you are bored, aka a failure
-you are a homo, aka a failure
-you do it for women, aka a man devoted to please women
-you cling to your health, aka a failure living in fear of death

=>you are a pleb as soon as you lift. I know that it hurts to hear this.
>>
>>768218
>tips fedora
>>
File: FpnWw4sU_400x400.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
FpnWw4sU_400x400.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>768218
>>
>>768218

cool, what a funny and not obvious troll. please continue, friend.
>>
>>761795
I stopped driving 20 years ago so I must walk everyday.
Because walking is my main mode of transport, I am a very fast walker
If I am running late, all I can do is walk even faster
If I want to go to the store, I have to haul everything I buy home
I always take the stairs
I avoid processed foods and fast foods

>I've had some trouble going very far while out this year
A lot of that could be mental. Hiking is a test of willpower too. How far can you push yourself is really important.
I've seen jocks and regular visitors to a climbing gym fail on hard talus while enthusiastic newbs left them in the dust
>>
>>768196
>If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them

Get the fuck out of the gym. Just joking, if you enjoy it that's fine. I personally hate paying to work out inside. You should give rock climbing a try.
>>
>>768196
I honestly don't know how you can stand to run on a treadmill. It's so fucking boring. Running outside will condition you so much better than a boring ass treadmill ever will.
>>
>>768598
It sucks but I manage.
>>
>>768705
Why not run outside instead?
>>
>>768794
I don't know, I guess I could. I like doing it at the gym though because it allows me to time and get a distance easily. I'm trying to get my 3 mile time down for Marine regs, hence the pull-up practice being part of the everyday workout.
>>
>>768874
From experience, running at a gym sucks because you fool yourself. What you run at a tm is half you can run on a park. Watching your steps and dodging things is just a complete different scenario.
>>
File: FILE0727-L.jpg (76 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
FILE0727-L.jpg
76 KB, 800x600
I ride dirt bikes and snowmobiles.

Ditch outta work around 1800, head home for a quick bite to eat, change gear, load up my pack, and head out.
About 45mins later, little bit of highway and a fun run up a canyon, i'm on dirt.
From there, I'll bang out 20-30 miles of dirt trails... maybe stop for some photos, sometimes I just fucking ride.
Ride till I'm tired, ready to head home... poke out of the woods onto a highway/county road, an hour or two later i'm rolling into the garage.
Peel off gear, shower, and I usually sleep pretty well those nights.

Winters, I take a lot of vacation... 1-2 weeks off a month through the season, and a lot of 3-/4-day weekends. Drive, camp out somewhere, do a class or two, and sometimes get a day before or after to go free-ride.

Strength is something I should work on. Endurance I've got covered. There's a 12-hour enduro (dirt) race later this year I might put in for.

Can't do gyms... can't stand the people, hate the "exercise" process. But motorsports are a lot of fun, and a good workout too.
>>
>>768894
Nice selfie Hal9000, what are you doing nowondays, controlling drones or some shit like that?
>>
File: IMG_20160517_213850402_HDR-L.jpg (123 KB, 800x451) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160517_213850402_HDR-L.jpg
123 KB, 800x451
>>768896
No, been in the garage going through the moto. Engine, chassis, just a good cleaning-up-going-over, getting it ready for the summer.
When I'm not doing that, I'm probably flopping around like a fish on my bedroom floor.
>>
>>766460
how do I get more protons in my diet?
>>
>>768881
Well lads, just officially decided to map out a running trail near my gym. Today I watched a squirrel eat food in a dumpster for 25 minutes.
>>
>>761795
>No alcohol
>No drugs
>Sports
>Fast food every other day

Feels good mane
>>
>>761949
>If you can run 5 miles in 30 minutes, it shouldnt matter how fat you are.
Except for fucking up your knees
>>
>>770321
I'd give up fast food and replace it with craft beer, personally.
>>
>>770397
This. Fuck fast food, I'll take a nice Bell's or Stone over that anytime.
>>
>>770321

>drugs
>alcohol
>run 30 miles per week
>full body lift session every other day

I get fucked up but at least I don't eat garbage. Fast food every other day? shit bro I'm definitely healthier than you.
>>
>>770739
>just 30

Wow
>>
>>770745
That's far more than average, anon.
>>
>>770767
Lol average is different than healthy
>>
>>768383
>willpower
This.

Even when I was fat as fuck I could hike like a maniac. Some people just aren't able to push through the discomfort.

Now I'm an oldfag and have a 10-15 mile a day limit with my pack due to some pretty extreme hip pain at that point. Trying to figure stuff out but I don't know since I'm lighter and more healthy than I've ever been and it's still there.
As far as exercise, just lift and walk. One thing I did to prepare for my mountain climb last fall was stairmaster with a sandbag on my shoulders. Really helped.
>>
>>770852
>i wonder if the hip pain could be a result of being a life long fatty
>>
>>770852
>As far as exercise, just lift and walk.
Walking isn't aerobic, and in real life you need cardio more than weight training.
>>
File: ayy.jpg (157 KB, 644x644) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
157 KB, 644x644
>>770890
What is walking then? Isn't walking putting strain on your cardio vascular system?

It seems to me you have read a brochure, therefore you know what you taking about.

>>770852
> fat fuck
> hikes like a maniac
> has hip pain now
Gee, i wonder ...
>>
>>770774
>being a retarded troll on a board as slow as /out/

I'll never understand this.
>>
>>761795
I walk through populated campsites naked and do my best to get away from the angry campers. Being chased through the bush by a bunch of yuppies is the best form of exercise.
>>
>>771037
Swing and a miss on that post, anon.
>>
>>771033
Average IS different than healthy
>>
I'm pathetic, I can't even bring myself to run once a week. It's basically twice a month if I'm lucky. Idk what's stopping me.
>>
>>771412
Running 30 miles a week is plenty if you're doing it for overall fitness and not as a sport/hobby. >>770745 is a retarded troll as charged.
>>
>>771455
>implying average isn't different than healthy
>>
>>771471
Again, what is unhealthy about running 30 miles a week which by the way is well above average.
>>
>>771480
Should be 80-100
>>
>>771519
Nah. It's fine that you're into distance running but that's way more than you actually need to be running for good cardiovascular health.
>>
>>771621
Incorrect.
>>
>>771624
Nope. That's definitely correct, anon. Marathon running is great and all but 30-40 miles a week will keep you in fantastic medical cardiovascular shape providing your diet is relatively healthy.
>>
>>771630
80 miles minimum if you expect to live past 95
>>
>>771636
So you want to die a younglin.

Do 60 miles a day, 6 times a week and you'll live to 140, maybe 145. I was born in 1889.

Get on my level, Homofürst.
>>
>>771636
What percent of centenarians do you think we're marathoners?
>>
>60 mile weeks
>100 sit ups every night
>100 push ups every night
>do however many 15 lb curls I feel like doing (maybe like 75 daily idk)
>no smoking
>no drugs
>no alcohol
>last fast food 9 years ago
>last soda in 2004

I'm still a skinny fuck. I run all my possible gains away. 6' 150lbs here

How get stronger pls help
>>
>>771664
Short story is progressively add more weight and work more than 3 muscle groups.
>>
>>771658
100%

Not a single non distance runner beyond the age of 90.
>>
>>761811
That sounds like a good diet honestly.
>>
>>771771
Tell that to my vegatarian GF
>>
>>771664

>>/fit/

Post your bod in a CBT and people will help you, they will also call you a faggot, try to fuck you, and get you to do steroids.
>>
>>770745

Troll ass bitch. You don't run for shit. 30 per week is pretty damn good.
>>
>>771664
kek you need to clean bulk skeltal. Search yt for summo wrestlers diet. Not kidding. Plenty of veggies and plenty of protein. However it is not going to work for you if you are serious about being /out/ and you are going into climbing, mountaineering or trail running. You'll need a ton of carbs.
>>
>>771664
I'm on board with everything else but I could never give up my beloved craft beer or wine.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.