[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Camping for the first time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: project 10.png (103 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
project 10.png
103 KB, 259x194
I'm going camping in about 2 weeks with a few friends of mine. It'll be my first time. Do you happen to have any advice/tips on what to do, prepare, take, etc? Any suggestions and advice in general would be great.
>>
>>761268
Bring a woolen cloak. It can shield you from rain, be a blanket, and even a tarp if need be.
>>
Listen to me dammit!!

Go buy some flushable wet wipes for pooping. Your ass will thanks you.
>>
Bring 1 gallon of water per day
Bring snacks
Bring extra emergency underwear
Bring TP and wet wipes
Bring weed/alcohol
Bring A GOOD CHAIR
Bring a few trashbags, like 3.
Hang your food up in tree away from camp if in an area with big wildlife ie bears
Bring firestarter kits if you are completely retarded at firemaking
Bring marshmellows, graham crackers and chocolate
Bring a spoopy story book for lulz
Bring a mess kit & utensils, roll of paper towels. Paper towels could help in firemaking
Bring a football maybe or nerf ball
At night you can put your clothes in the bottom of your sleeping bag to keep feet warmer and to have warmer clothes when you put them ok in morning.
If youre making a fire pit, clear all leaves and shit from area, make a circle large stones and build fire inside. Bigger your stone circle is the /comfier/ it'll be

Turn off phones
Dont play music

Most importantly, have fun.
>>
>>761268
What are the items you are bringing with you?
>>
>>761268
Condoms, lube, ipods, bluetooth speaker, alcohol, extasy or lsd, cigarettes/cigars, towels, hammocks, tent, food, soap, knife, rope, lighter, magazines, ipads with networking through phone, blankets and pillows, paper plates/solo cups.
Best is to set up near a clean river so you have water source and can wash up.
I'm sure I forgot a few things but this is a good starting point.
>>
>>761272
Don't listen to this asshole
If they aren't biodegradable, you are littering
>>
>>761465
If you're going to listen to this asshole I suggest you go a week without showering at home first and do not wash your ass other than TP. Make sure you are active and sweat. Work up a nice swamp ass and then tell me that wet wipes wouldn't have prevented that.

You can bury them, even if they're not biodegradable. They will still decompose and being buried it doesn't really matter. You can alos burn stuff like plates, solo cups, wipes. Pretty much anything but glass and metal. Those you can bury.
>>
>>761268
It would help if we knew what kind of place you are going camping. Forest? Desert? Mountains? What is the temperature like there? etc...
>>
>>761537
I've gone /out/ for weeks without showering and only using TP on my ass
Did my butt smell? A little. But then I wasn't offering it up to anyone so I wasn't self conscious about it.
Did your top make fun of your smelly bottom?

Plastic doesn't biodegrade
http://www.livescience.com/33085-petroleum-derived-plastic-non-biodegradable.html
>>
>>761268
Do you want an outdoor experience or do you just want to walk 5 miles a day and look at trees?
>>
>>761465
>If they aren't biodegradable,
Flushable wet wipes are biodegradable troll.
>>
Plastic bottle vodka
Container of Tang drink mix
Iodine tablets
TP AND baby wipes
Sleeping bag rated for 0-10f
First Aid kit
>>
>>761548
>A little.
right......
>make fun of
No, I just know what swamp ass feels like and if I don't shower ever day and sweat and shit at some point it's going to be a very unpleasant funk going on around some pretty sensitive skin.

Wipes prevent that and personally I don't give a fuck if they are biodegradable or not. I'm not suffering swampass vs being environmentally hippy dippy.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.