[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mountain Men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Mountain-Men-300x217.jpg (24 KB, 300x217) Image search: [Google]
Mountain-Men-300x217.jpg
24 KB, 300x217
Are there any "mountain men" types that aren't white? Native American descendants excluded.
>>
>>759720

Why? Do you want to feel like you, as a non-white America, can fit in as a Mountain Man?
>>
>>759725
I'm kind of curious why other races don't seem to participate in the same dream.
>>
>>759727

Realistically, the prevalence of European American citizens becoming Mountain Men was (is) probably related to our higher population, particularly in those isolated regions located near the wilderness.
>>
I've known trappers my whole life, I've seen literally thousands of them. So far I have seen 2 black people that trap, they were from the deep south though.
>>
>>759720
Plenty of natives living in the Andes and Himalayas mountains for many generations.
>>
I know a few guys that don't look the part and prefer to live in the city, but certainly posses the skills. Mostly because they can't into facial hair, they immigrated from countries with shitty diets that stunted their growth and they know the marvels of plumbing, fast food and refrigeration.

A lot of mountain men live in land passed down to them from their ancestry and never got a chance at school, or socialization.
For a white man to become or return to being a mountainman, they need money and a fundamental belief that the world is not trying to kill them contrary to the reality of minorities.
>>
>>759720
>>759727
No, they just make more of a fuss about it because it isn't in their heritage. They are literally, "woo look at me! i'm doing what ever other native has been doing since fucking forever!"

As for people born into it, they just do what they have always been doing and someone else thinks it is a spectacle.
>>
>>761027
media looks for english people to proxy cultures as well. look at the movies. every ethnicity outside of black is played by a white or a jew

mountain men is white culture as well. english settlers parlayed and cultivated this land, and have naturalized claim to it no more or less than the aborigine. what you said is the fault of media, not the egotistical anthropologist, of which there are many humble
>>
>>759720
blacks don't get the fuss about camping hiking and living in the wild.
they have vivid racial memories of roughing it in the mud and grass and don't get the hype.
they think whites are crazy for wanting back.
>>
>>759720
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/York_%28explorer%29
>>
>>759735
I'm white and I trap, I don't see what that has to do with /out/ tho
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.